• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

what will be the top 10 in the vuelta

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Museeuw said:
I know that Quintana is popular here (forum), but still too much love for him I think... Or then you know things that I don't.

Have you any news about Movistar? Cobo will be their man, but what is Pitis role?

And what is Quintanas role/target? Helping Cobo and Piti, KOM, stage win or GC top10-top15?

Cobo... I feel like the wisdom teeth thing has to be bs, like yeah that would suck, but how much of that is just trying to make it so people won't mark him?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Help me out with my fantasy cycling team, I've got 56 minutes before I can't update it. Henao or Quintana? Henao looked great at burgos but he will be riding for Froome, Quintana I think could get a top 10 and possibly a stage win but I think overall Henao could place better on the gc. Who should I go with?

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Help me out with my fantasy cycling team, I've got 56 minutes before I can't update it. Henao or Quintana? Henao looked great at burgos but he will be riding for Froome, Quintana I think could get a top 10 and possibly a stage win but I think overall Henao could place better on the gc. Who should I go with?

I would go with Quintana: he will most likely have more freedom to attack/breakaways (like Pinot this year) whereas Henao will be Sky's third rider. Froome/Uran will come first, so Henao won't likely have much freedom.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
gustienordic said:
I would go with Quintana: he will most likely have more freedom to attack/breakaways (like Pinot this year) whereas Henao will be Sky's third rider. Froome/Uran will come first, so Henao won't likely have much freedom.

Plus Cobo looks in bad form, and Valverde is coming off the tour. If they can't perform Movistar could look towards Quintana for leadership.

Anybody else care to weigh in? 24 minutes left.

Henao is older so might be a safer bet for a gt, especially since he already has a top 10.

As for Henao being forced to work, he wont do **** before the mountains and since mountains is mostly mtf, it will be straight shootout anyhow. So what if eventually when theres only 15 riders left he has to ride in front of Froome and uran, probs wont be no pace setting anyhow.

Also i do think looking at burgos is a very good indicator. Last 3 years winner has been on podium. And other guys on the podium have also overperformed.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
gustienordic said:
Cobo... I feel like the wisdom teeth thing has to be bs, like yeah that would suck, but how much of that is just trying to make it so people won't mark him?

I don't understand why there are so many riders with wisdom teeth problems (Shleck, Gilbert and now Cobo). Most people get them pulled out in their teenage years...

TRENDING THREADS