• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whats Your Favorite Bike Paint Scheme

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey,
Just figured it would be interesting to discuss peoples favorite Bike paint Schemes.
Post the details (brand model year etc) or a picture/link of your favorite paint scheme with an explanation as to why it appeals to your tastes.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I've always been partial to Gios blue. ;)

devlaeminck01.jpg

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Nice blue in the previous posts. Kind of unique too, since lots of new bikes you see being sold now are some combination of red, white, and black.

I'm partial to no paint. Titanium battleship gray baby.

tuscany.jpg

Me too paint job will last 10 years my Bianchi also has the deckals etched into the titanium.

Quich wash and good as new.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
darkcloud said:
Your avatar just slightly resembles the rider in the photo;). Tell us more, please. It's always interesting to hear the stories behind the photos.

Yeah, I'm just a huge RDV fan and Roubaix is my favorite race, color me Gios blue. :eek: Growing up in Minnesota where the land is flat as a pancake with the occasional short-steep, and the beer flows freely it much resembles Belgium and I made the most of it. As a youngster I patterned my riding style and aggressiveness after RDV and never have been able to do it any other way. To this day I still seek out long stretches of gravel roads and just motor along daydreaming about cobblestones.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
Nice blue in the previous posts. Kind of unique too, since lots of new bikes you see being sold now are some combination of red, white, and black.

I'm partial to no paint. Titanium battleship gray baby.

tuscany.jpg

Always pretty/ugly whether dirty or clean. Have to like a scheme that doesn't show every little chip...

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Yeah, I'm just a huge RDV fan and Roubaix is my favorite race, color me Gios blue. :eek: Growing up in Minnesota where the land is flat as a pancake with the occasional short-steep, and the beer flows freely it much resembles Belgium and I made the most of it. As a youngster I patterned my riding style and aggressiveness after RDV and never have been able to do it any other way. To this day I still seek out long stretches of gravel roads and just motor along daydreaming about cobblestones.

That's passion for you. Great story!

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
I'd have to agree that over the years Colnago has prided itself in the paint game, as rightly they should even if some of their designs were hideous. But if you want to immerse yourself in finer functional bike art from a custom perspective look no further than the whimsical stylings of the 'true' master, .....Dario Pegoretti

Amazing hang out session with Dario..watch it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyIUlvk5nRQ&feature=player_embedded

Pegoretti.JPG

main.jpg

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
Very nice Boeing!! RVV is probably my fav bike co using open molds, klassy paint schemes too. Their sense of humor is refreshing in an industry that has none.

It is not mine. I thought i posted that. my bad Looked for the best pic on line. the Marshalls make it look even better and whoever owns that is off the chart cool

But I really like the paint and am considering getting one. I just need a review from a big rider regarding BB and Fork/ht

their humor and whole shtick hooks me in as well.

TRENDING THREADS