• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 111 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
JMBeaushrimp said:
Good blog from Festina Girl:

http://100tours100tales.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/the-horner-conundrum-just-who-is-rider-15-anyway/

Stats like this always blow my mind:

2 tests for blood transfusions in the Tour. Two. Get f*cking serious...

More important than that, what tests did they run on the blood? Certainly the low-priced ones!

Even more important, why did they run the blood transfusion tests on the podium girls instead of any riders?

Dave.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Good blog from Festina Girl:

http://100tours100tales.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/the-horner-conundrum-just-who-is-rider-15-anyway/

Stats like this always blow my mind:

"...the 622 tests from the Tour de France. The French tests included 198 biological passport tests (though only 18 were for Human Growth Hormone and 2 for blood transfusions) and 179 urine samples, of which 113 were for EPO"

2 tests for blood transfusions in the Tour. Two. Get f*cking serious...
What are the homologated blood transfusions tests?
If it's just the ones to detect homologus transfusion, i think that only very dumb riders would do it.

The main way of detecting autologous (self) infusions is through the passport.

Homologous infusions whilst they used to be used, are much lower in likelihood in the modern era.(though there is always the chance that someone may try one, so there is a need to keep checking)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
post 2678
I am still waiting to find the Smackdown date? While I think nothing in this endless thread has proven any of the speculations and as far as a Smackdown, The thread should be When is the fizzle out of Chris Horner's career?

Master50 said:
post 2678
I am still waiting to find the Smackdown date? While I think nothing in this endless thread has proven any of the speculations and as far as a Smackdown, The thread should be When is the fizzle out of Chris Horner's career?

Are you not the guy who was dumb enough to believe Hesjedal was not a doper? Uh-huh. Despite your vast experience with pro racing (which you tout in every other post) you were somehow unaware of the common knowledge that Hesjedal and his crew were jacked to the moon when he was racing MTBs. Now you are telling us, with your vast pro racing experience, that we should believe in Horner, who cannot seem to find a contract. Well, I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Master50 said:
post 2678

It's been happening ever since he took the red jersey for a second time at the 2013 Vuelta.

Master50 said:
post 2678

It was September 14. He's implemented the Leipheimer variety of Too-toxic-to-touch smackdown. It's a long slow burn, like an STD. You know you've reached the pinnacle of toxicity when a professional cycling team, any professional cycling team, won't sign you after bagging a GT.

You're right though, he passed all the tests. Cheers Chris. :rolleyes:

Master50 said:
post 2678

In all that careful reading you've done, I'm not sure how you missed Parisoto's analysis: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ers-published-biological-passport-values.aspx

http://veloclinic.tumblr.com/post/63542182838/analysis-horners-biopassport-data

That Matt Decanio is plain crazy too.

Another witch hunt!

The GCW said:
Hope Horner gets a contract.

He could get a contract if he'd accept 100-150k per year. But that's what he has to pay his Doctor and the goods from Mexico.

I'd go a Di Luca based package of 100k with bonuses for Top 10's.

Tell the Doc he gets paid based on performances.

Pay the Mexicans. Never be in a situation where your dealer is not paid. Never.

To thehog

Perhaps You know more about Horner's advantages than Horner Himself. I'm not cynical.

Certainly, Horner may reduce His financial expectations and that will help. Certainly, Horner may reduce His chatter and that could help too.

But make no mistake, Horner is an exciting racer. Anybody who loves bicycle racing wants Horner in the race.

-0-

The, guilty until proven innocent, concept, is not conducive to the fan's of cycle racing interests.

The current system is not perfect and may never become perfect; it is dynamic. But it is the system.

If people (spectators) want to pronounce certain racers guilty with out proof, until they prove themselves innocent... spectating would become slim.

They are all suspect.

As a spectator, You are suspect, too.

The GCW said:
Perhaps You know more about Horner's advantages than Horner Himself. I'm not cynical.

Certainly, Horner may reduce His financial expectations and that will help. Certainly, Horner may reduce His chatter and that could help too.

But make no mistake, Horner is an exciting racer. Anybody who loves bicycle racing wants Horner in the race.

-0-

The, guilty until proven innocent, concept, is not conducive to the fan's of cycle racing interests.

The current system is not perfect and may never become perfect; it is dynamic. But it is the system.

If people (spectators) want to pronounce certain racers guilty with out proof, until they prove themselves innocent... spectating would become slim.

They are all suspect.

As a spectator, You are suspect, too.

Meh, I like him to retire immediately. Too much circus for me.

The GCW said:

Regarding the bolded, you mean like WWE wrestling exciting? Pro cycling is almost there at this point.

It's time to call it the end of a career for Chris and move on. Maybe he can teach some more guys how to dope running a hobby team out of Portland. Thom Wiesel at USAC certainly won't mind.