• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Already early in '11 rumors were flying that Radioshack (the team) was struggling to secure sponsors for the following season(s). Therefore a big result was needed in Cali. UCI pulled the plug on dope tests at the event and Leipheimer and Horner delivered a 1-2. Everybody else looked like amateurs.

Yup, and shortly after that Radioshack renewed, on the condition they sign Horner. ToC served him well, 2 years at $800,000 per year.

Race Radio said:
Since then he has been the most tested US cyclist, a honor reserved for a select few

This made me laugh. It's sad that anyone that uses that excuse is automatically not believed. The honor of being the most tested in the world has also been used. (Lance, Contador, Cadel, Wiggins, Froome)

Netserk said:
And it did.

So give me a list of pro riders that are not suspicious.
Phinney? Cav? Sagan? Ted King? or is it less known riders, like Avila?
If you are inconsistent, you are a doper (Duarte, Shlecks, Chavanel)
If you have declined, you are a doper (Hushov, Gilbert, Contador, Shlecks again)
If you are overweight, you are a doper (Betancur)
If you are too skinny, you are a doper (Horner, Wiggo, Froome)
If you are too old but still around, you are a doper (Horner, Voigt, Popo, Cadel)
If you are too young, you are a doper (Sagan, Nairo, Betancur, Kwiatkowski)
If you ride for (Sky, Shack, BMC, OPQS) you are a doper.
If you are from Spain, you are a doper

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
gospina said:
This made me laugh. It's sad that anyone that uses that excuse is automatically not believed. The honor of being the most tested in the world has also been used. (Lance, Contador, Cadel, Wiggins, Froome)

White insisted at the news conference that day that Zuffa and Forza fighters are the most-tested athletes in the world and not much more could be done.
"He lied straight to our faces. That has me so [expletive] angry, I can't even tell you. He said to us, 'The last thing you have to worry about is me popping. I'm the most-tested athlete in the world.' Yeah, [expletive] right."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alistair-overeems-positive-peds-infuriates-002100441--mma.html

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Master50 said:
(1) Like I said it is just as reasonable to think he finally got the opportunity to showcase the talent he has always had and the reason he is winning now is because the rest of the riders are also playing fare.

(2) Frankly I came to believe I was wasting my time working for a sport the fans don't believe in.

(1) You lie to yourself. I asked you at least twice now, how can CH beat or come close to the doping record times? How can he push the highest W/Kg now at age 40+?
I know why you ignore it, b/c if you would really think of it you would come to the only possible conclusion: CH is doping.

(2) Just wow! You blame the fans/critics/observers? Omg!... We believed in the riders after every scandal. But once it was enough. I think even you should get that: Blame the riders for this situation.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
You could also argue that if most riders nowadays are playing fair (which I think), then anyone who doesn't is at a massive advantage.

I told him that before too. He ignores all facts that don´t fit his POV. Sad but true...

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
gospina said:
In that case, the suspicion should have started in Tour of California. When he beat everyone, including his teammate Levi, he said (paraphrasing) "I'm the best climber in the world. Only Contador can match me. Just put me in a Grand Tour and I'll show you". That should have raised flags, no?

Good morning....
It did! The clinic dedicated a whole thread to him back then. Only a selected few achieve that infamous knightly accolade.
Wake up boy!

gospina said:
If you have declined, you are a doper (Hushov, Gilbert, Contador, Shlecks again)
If you are too old but still around, you are a doper (Horner, Voigt, Popo, Cadel)

I honestly believe Popo is clean nowadays

del1962 said:
Which post have I said Horner is doping in, put up or shut up, instead of twisting things as you are apt to doing

Ok you are right, maybe you did not say Horner is doping. If so, I apologize for that, I made a mistake.

Now, could you explain to me why you count Horner attacking Hincapie as suspicious but Wiggins attacking Landis as not?

The Hitch said:
Ok you are right, maybe you did not say Horner is doping. If so, I apologize for that, I made a mistake.

Now, could you explain to me why you count Horner attacking Hincapie as suspicious but Wiggins attacking Landis as not?

Ok, then I'll say it instead. Just to make sure it is on the record.

Horner is doping. :p

Dave.

gospina said:
You forgot one (at least).
If you are a pro cyclist, you are more likely than not to be a doper.

mewmewmew13 said:
Has this been posted?
http://crankpunk.com/2014/02/21/horner-lewis-lampre-its-all-wrong/

I think it's a good read..

I seem to be making a lot of faux pas posting lately..:eek: because I don't read the entire thread that I missed

Well yes, when somebody chooses to dope hard another will usually drop down.

Thats why the silence from the "clean" part of the peloton is really telling, even if we take the risk of losing ones job and become an outcast into account.

No voices anywhere. Hello, anybody out there?

TRENDING THREADS