• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where´s cervelo test team?

And why wouldn't they choose to remain pro-continental... they're guaranteed entry to ProTour events by virtue of their ranking without the additional layers of cost, compliance and bureaucracy that comes with a PT licence.

karlboss said:
Top pro continental teams like cervelo will spell the end of the protour or at least a major rethink.

It will become even more apparent next year when participation in the GTs gets decided by the world calender rankings. The top 17 teams will get guaranteed invites and it's likely that at least a handful of pro continental teams will be better at gathering points than some PT teams.

karlboss said:
Top pro continental teams like cervelo will spell the end of the protour or at least a major rethink.

July 15th, 2008
Silence-Lotto team manager Marc Sergeant
“There were some good things in the Pro Tour, but where is it leading to if the Giro, Tour and Vuelta are not even part of the series?”

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
On a related note Cevelo will announce a new team manager shortly. Joop Alberda is taking over for next year.

Oh yeah? Guess the news isn't totally unexpected as Campana was I think essentially managing both the women's and men's teams. This hiring would make Joop the third team manager in Cervelo Test Team's brief existence. I forget the name of who was originally hired to be the manager of the fledgling team last year, but he left shortly after he was initially hired due to philosophical differences or something to that effect. Regardless, looking forward to seeing if Haussler can build on his 09 performance.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
trompe le monde said:
Oh yeah? Guess the news isn't totally unexpected as Campana was I think essentially managing both the women's and men's teams. This hiring would make Joop the third team manager in Cervelo Test Team's brief existence. I forget the name of who was originally hired to be the manager of the fledgling team last year, but he left shortly after he was initially hired due to philosophical differences or something to that effect. Regardless, looking forward to seeing if Haussler can build on his 09 performance.

Scott Sunderland was not the team manager, he was the DS. Campana is the only team manager they have had.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
i think cervelo are already a bit weaker next year, i know theyve signed bos, but lost gerrans, pauwels, roulston, hushovd will struggle to repeat last years performance (which, quite frankly, was superb considering what he had to do to win green, as well as a very good feb through til april) sastre doesnt have the team to challenge the top spot of the tour, only haussler could be seen to move up a level.

would love to see dan lloyd get a result

TRENDING THREADS