• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Where will Bmc get their 1st win?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Where wil BMC get their 1st win

• Won't win at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
well im not convinced cadel will win them anything this season, he cant do every race, after the this weeks over, hes back to preparing for the giro, so unless he gets a classic victory, hes not gunna win anything b4 the giro, and then between the giro and tour. i cant see him winning anything at either GT, and i doubt he'll be winning anything at the end of the season after riding to GTs hard.
who else on their squad is likely to win something? their best chance is probably for big george or kroon to pick up a minor race win soon, or ballan to pick somthing up at the end of the season.
they only have 4 good enough riders in their team.
So i dont think its completely out of the question for them to win nothing all season, seems to me that they arent competing in most the easy races they would have got results in last year.

If Evans does not get a win in either GT (stage or overall) then it might be up to Alessandro Ballan to win the Tour Of Poland again.

But if say BMC got to wear a leaders jersey(Maglia Rosa or Malliot Jaune or possibly something like Best Climbers jersey) for a while in either of the GT's i think they would settle for that as well.

El Imbatido said:
If Evans does not get a win in either GT (stage or overall) then it might be up to Alessandro Ballan to win the Tour Of Poland again.

But if say BMC got to wear a leaders jersey(Maglia Rosa or Malliot Jaune or possibly something like Best Climbers jersey) for a while in either of the GT's i think they would settle for that as well.

+1 agreed El Imbatido....So does wearing the leaders/Mountains or sprinters jersey in a Stage race count as a win or not??

I just thought that the mountains or leaders jersey was more their focus (mountains jersey more being a by-product of being up high in the general) but i guess holding any lead in any jersey competition for probably more that a day would be considered good for the team and of course morale and confidence

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You can basically say that most of those of who voted none at all are just dislikers of evans.

i.e. ak-zaaf, phillop, luckyboy,timmy loves rabo, dekker tifosi, 53X11

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
You can basically say that most of those of who voted none at all are just dislikers of evans.

Nah, they're Karsten Kroon haters. It's been huge on the Dutch boards ever since he left Rabobank. There are those who know that KARSTEN is the most dedicated athlete out there, and there are a few haters who can't stand the fact that he's winning all the time.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Jonathan said:
Nah, they're Karsten Kroon haters. It's been huge on the Dutch boards ever since he left Rabobank. There are those who know that KARSTEN is the most dedicated athlete out there, and there are a few haters who can't stand the fact that he's winning all the time.

Exactly. It's a shame all the anti-Kroon threads are deleted here. I would like to bring him up in every thread even it's not relevant at all but they keep deleting it right away.
Who is this Evans guy anyway?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

What??? Wasn't the question about the team and not Evans? Come on man...more to cycling than Evans...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
What??? Wasn't the question about the team and not Evans? Come on man...more to cycling than Evans...
:rolleyes:
So do 41% of the poll voters honestly think they won't win anything at all this year? I find it hard to believe that by the tour they won't have a win and that's why i find it hard to believe that 41% of the poll voters think they won't win anything at all this year really believe that.

TRDean, when you talk about bmc you are going to talk about evans. He is the star rider if you want to call him that. Like Boonen is for QS or Cav for HTC.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
My main thought on BMC at the start of this season was the same as on Lotto last year: Not having a sprinter who can win consistently is going to put a heck of a lot of pressure on them. Bad signing policy

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
My main thought on BMC at the start of this season was the same as on Lotto last year: Not having a sprinter who can win consistently is going to put a heck of a lot of pressure on them. Bad signing policy

Bad team...I think Evans will do something this season...whether the Giro or Tour...but not sure about anyone else...maybe Moos??

auscyclefan94 said:

:eek:

My option wasn't there (some small race), but I wanted to see the results. I didn't realise that there was a button you can click to see the results :(

Anyway, yeah - small race. Can't see them get anything big tbh - maybe some random stage..

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a seasoned fan by any stretch but I can't understand how 7 out of eight riders DNF in almost every spring classic makes for a TEAM? Where is the team pride?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
:eek:

My option wasn't there (some small race), but I wanted to see the results. I didn't realise that there was a button you can click to see the results :(

Anyway, yeah - small race. Can't see them get anything big tbh - maybe some random stage..

You could of ticked some stage race after the tour.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
SAying BMC have no to little depth is wrong. I think they are a young squad.
Barton 21
Beyer 23
Bookwalter 26
Frank 23
Frei 25
Kohler 24
Kristoff 22
Murphy 25
Schar 23
Wyss 24

48% of the current team are under 26. Their younger riders have actually shown a bit more than the older guys. Just going on past results you can see why Evans would be a favourite at leige or fleche and why he can win. Then you chuck in what he did last night and there you go.

I think calling me the "eternal optimist" is a very funny but kind and true of putting my support. Appreciate that you just don't slag him off like others do!:)

wow really...

youth = depth?

BMC certainly have no depth. Let us not clutch at straws

auscyclefan94 said:
You could of ticked some stage race after the tour.

luckyboy is in deep trouble with the poll police it seems

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
That's what I thought, I see top 3 Giro, with a stage, Evens looks fitter than he has for the past 2 years, and there is top competition, but not the VERY top (being AC)
I think he has the measure of Sastre as a rider in a one on one over 3 weeks, but races are not fought one on one, it is the team, and teams deliver the GC to the rider
Likewise Liquigas has too many options for one man to cover. So I expect one of them to be up there.
Evans and Menchov will need to fight out the rest, is Cunego leading Lampre?

They really need to sought the Lampre investigation out and get Ballan back, we know he works well and will be a chance at a event here and there.
A team based on Evans with Hincapie, Kroon, Ballan and Burghardt with support from guys like Santambrogio, Frei and Frank can't be too bad IMO

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
timmy, depth is to do with the quality of riders and how well/strong they can ride. nothing wrong with the quality of riders but some of those riders lack experience.

auscyclefan94 said:
timmy, depth is to do with the quality of riders and how well/strong they can ride. nothing wrong with the quality of riders but some of those riders lack experience.

How can you judge the quality of such inexperienced riders?
Googling stats is one thing, but their ability to survive a Grand Tour is a complete unknown.
It's not about helping Cadel for these guys, but staying the course.
The Giro's third week will decimate this young team, if indeed they get that far.

TRENDING THREADS