• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

where would Juan Jose Cobo go???

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Astana is most likely, unless Caja Rural or Andalucía suddenly stump up beaucoup money.

Andalucía might need to, cos that's a horrible team right now.

aren't they getting jose belda? I read nothing about it anymore but he's an animal

A

Anonymous

Sorry for all the riders and staff.
Not sorry to see the back of Gianetti.

ElChingon said:
There's always Portugal :D

But none of the teams down there have any money anymore. The main draw of Portugal in years gone by was that it paid a lot better than the Spanish national scene.

Maybe with a bunch of good riders available on the cheap someone will buy up a random small team and stick some of these guys over the top like Rasmussen did to Stenca last year.

As long as he gets into a team that will allow him to get into the TDF/ and/ or Vuelta, i am fine.
I think he could go to Astana. ( other possibilities Sky though i doubt it and BMC's super team ). I wish GE could have got him, even Porte would have sufficed.

Vino and Kessiakoff go to the Giro ( then go to the TDF )
Kreuziger is the main GC contender at the TDF, whilst Cobo is free to go up mountains for stages.
At the Vuelta Krueziger works for Cobo.

I wish it could be as simple as that.

Katusha are his most likely destination, I think. Maybe Astana. I'm sure that Saxo would like to sign him, but I don't think they've got the money, ditto Andalucia.

Really can't see Sky being interested.

Swabian Lass said:
Katusha are his most likely destination, I think. Maybe Astana. I'm sure that Saxo would like to sign him, but I don't think they've got the money, ditto Andalucia.

Really can't see Sky being interested.

Saxo and GreenEdge are the teams that need him, but one doesn't have the money and the other seems to have decided not to bother with GC.

Sky and BMC have the money but already have too many leaders and adding another one would just cause additional friction. Garmin don't have the money and, well, I'm not sure that Cobo would be too keen on the other kind of hurdles they set up. The French teams don't have the money, nor in all probability the interest.

Katusha and Astana seem to be the most likely options. Where Menchov goes might also play a role, as hiring in two GT winners at the last minute could stretch even the sillier budgets in the World Tour.