• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

where would Juan Jose Cobo go???

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
masking_agent said:
I would really like him to go to Saxo, as he along with Sanchez and Contador would be great to watch. Any team that signs him will no doubt have increased their GT climbing contention raised.

Sanchez is not going to Saxo Bank.

gustienordic said:
Do you think Cobo will bring Duarte or any of the other riders with him to a new team? Or will they all be looking for something new?

Duarte's already gone to Coldeportes. I can't really see too many that I'd think are close to Cobo on the Geox roster? His main mountain helpers in the Vuelta were Sastre (retiring), de la Fuente, Menchov (not going anywhere as a helper) and Blanco (about 37 and more likely to go back to Portugal). Maybe de la Fuente might come with him, but the only other one with long-term history with Cobo is probably Arkaitz Durán. He might surface on Euskaltel, since they have plenty of roster space.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Duarte's already gone to Coldeportes. I can't really see too many that I'd think are close to Cobo on the Geox roster? His main mountain helpers in the Vuelta were Sastre (retiring), de la Fuente, Menchov (not going anywhere as a helper) and Blanco (about 37 and more likely to go back to Portugal). Maybe de la Fuente might come with him, but the only other one with long-term history with Cobo is probably Arkaitz Durán. He might surface on Euskaltel, since they have plenty of roster space.

Do they have the cash for him? But then Durán doesn't have a lot of bargaining power right now and will have to take what he can.

this situation just exemplifies how unstable is the current system in which a recent GC winner cannot find a team at all:mad: I'd be really disappointed if Cobo ends up signing a contract out of desperation with a Continental team.... awful nonetheless:mad:

I hope Vino has some cash left-apart from his "loans" of course:D- to sign JJC for next year-at least.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:
this situation just exemplifies how unstable is the current system in which a recent GC winner cannot find a team at all:mad: I'd be really disappointed if Cobo ends up signing a contract out of desperation with a Continental team.... awful nonetheless:mad:

I hope Vino has some cash left-apart from his "loans" of course:D- to sign JJC for next year-at least.

was cobo's own choice by sticking to gianetti and matxin without a sponsor and he will find a team of course

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
although it won;'t happen because he's a foreigner but it would be somewhat great if coldeportes got him. for sure one gt invite and quite possibly 3.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
hfer07 said:

Not really, it's a case of a sponsor breaking an agreement, not a team failing completely to get another sponsor a la HTC.