• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which is the cleanest team...

Which Team Is The Cleanest

• TEAM SAXO BANK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Ok.. to follow on then from dirtiest DS, clean riders etc.. lets make this simple...
which team is the cleanest...

I have left out (due to the restriction of ten options)

The French teams - as consensus seems to be the french are on the whole cleaner
Katusha - who have already lost two riders this year
Astana - For obvious Reasons
Rabobank - Who are widely assumed to have a doping program

Once a winner is decided, then i will redo the poll, with the four french teams, katusha, astana, rabo, and the top three teams from the poll to get an overall result...

or actually, could just take the four french teams, the top six in the poll and have a cleanest poll, and put the remaining four, with katusha, astana, and rabo and have a dirtiest :D

A

Anonymous

scribe said:
Garmin is so clean, the brown rice comes out their back-ends white

so you voting for none of the above then.... :D

i did say "cleanest" ;)

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
...which team is the cleanest...

define cleanest. no doping at all? no doping history? not much doping? not systematic, just individuals? nothing rumored? only positives? etc., etc.

A

Anonymous

erm.. less dirty than the rest, or cleaner than the rest.. which team has the fewest active dopers, and is the least likely to condone doping..

May 6, 2009
Visit site
You forgot Milram. If there is a team doping program going on, then they should get their money back. Or maybe they are doping with performance reducing drugs.

A

Anonymous

Omega Pharma-Lotto

Nothing suss about them to me. Obviously, Kohl and Dekker are NOT attributed to that team when they were doping, so I dont think that affects their cleanliness.

They are only about 10th in the world rankings? and dont push huge results(obviously excluding the WC Evans as that is not an OP-Lotto victory) and i'm not aware of any of their directors having speculation around their methods.

@Dimspace - i think you should include rabo and astana in the next poll, and use the top four from this one, four french, plus those two, rather than assuming people will vote rabo and astana down. Obviously, given the positive results this year, Katusha wont register as clean, but despite the suggestions, rabo and astana haven't had any positives this year have they? just speculation right?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
MG, Astana's Assan Bazayev got 15 days on the sidelines for getting his 'whereabouts' wrong on more then one occasion. Like Michael Rasmussen, he forgets where he is sometimes.

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
+1 on the comment re. Milram. Same could be said about Silence Lotto though given their form in the classics, although maybe they found a new supplier after things went bad at the Tour. ;)

A

Anonymous

craig1985 said:
You forgot Milram. If there is a team doping program going on, then they should get their money back. Or maybe they are doping with performance reducing drugs.

i did... :( i think its the german thing.. its cos of these silly polls having a max of ten...

Mountain Goat said:
Omega Pharma-Lotto

Nothing suss about them to me.

hmm.. we are going to have to come to some sort of forum agreement on how we refer to them.. i cannot see pharma-lotto without thinking of drugs and lance pharmstrong.. i cant see omega-pharma without thinking of the shirt that someone here designed on a thread with OP on it..

i just cant take the name serioulsy at all.. something is wrong... :/

dimspace said:
i did... :( i think its the german thing.. its cos of these silly polls having a max of ten...

hmm.. we are going to have to come to some sort of forum agreement on how we refer to them.. i cannot see pharma-lotto without thinking of drugs and lance pharmstrong.. i cant see omega-pharma without thinking of the shirt that someone here designed on a thread with OP on it..

i just cant take the name serioulsy at all.. something is wrong... :/

Omerta :)

Err, I mean Omega! But that will remind you of watches, Swiss, Fabian? Or Greeks, Thanou?

OPL might be ok!

A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
Omerta :)

Err, I mean Omega! But that will remind you of watches, Swiss, Fabian? Or Greeks, Thanou?

OPL might be ok!

thats even worse..

or omerta-pharma :/

can we not just call them lotto.. :?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
I had a hard time deciding where to cast my vote. Teams like Garmin, Saxo Bank and Columbia claim to strict internal controls and still they're chalking up big victories against riders/time with a more relaxed attitude towards pharmaceutical aids.
Holm and Aldag at Columbia are hypocrites in my view with their ranting about people who test positive. When Uwe Ampler blew the whistle about his own doping practices in the early 90s, Holm seriously badmouthed him. Also, Bob Stapleton may be new at the team but a lot of the staff originates from the T-mobile/Telekom squad. I was actually delighted when they sacked Gontchar in 2007 without a positive test but as history reveals he may just have been a scape goat.

A

Anonymous

workingclasshero said:
dim fella where's cervelo i want to poke them

i only went with PT.. this 10 answer thing is a real problem... will put them in part 2.. :D

A

Anonymous

Alpe d'Huez said:
No choice for Cervelo Test Team.

i know.. was restricted to ten, so no room for cervelho, went with pro tour teams only....

along with the french, milram, astana and rabobank who where also missing...

there is now a second semi final.. :p

TRENDING THREADS