• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which of these 3 will you miss the most.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will you miss the most

• Can't decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maaaaaaaarten said:
The only reason I can imagine people do not vote Vino, is because of clean cycling bla bla bla. It's just plain silly to refuse to enjoy Vino's attacking and gutsy riding, because he messed up in the past.

It really annoys me when people act like that........

I can understand people mentioning the clinic ting in this thread because 50% of the other options is David Moncoutie.

Most other threads however, mentioning Vinos 2007 misfortune as a reason why you like other cyclists better than him, is just silly.

Maaaaaaaarten said:
The only reason I can imagine people do not vote Vino, is because of clean cycling bla bla bla. It's just plain silly to refuse to enjoy Vino's attacking and gutsy riding, because he messed up in the past.

It really annoys me when people act like that........

I just never got why he's so special. Yeah he attacks a lot, but Voeckler attack a lot too that does not mean you have to like him.

pros of each rider:

vino- tough, aggressive, cool

moncoutie- panache, style, standard for clean cycling.

freire- pure talent, amazing tactically(tour of romandie 06 any1?), hilariously distracted which provides us with many funny stories.

it really is impossible to choose this 3 guys :eek:

for me at least

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
I just never got why he's so special. Yeah he attacks a lot, but Voeckler attack a lot too that does not mean you have to like him.

vino also won a lot :rolleyes: a lot more than the other 2 options in this thread, save perhaps freire, who was a boring sprinter and did only 1 amazing thing in his career, which was verona 2004

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Vino, Vino, Vino.

I'll miss also miss Vino commentary, aka Gogo, "THERE'S AN ATTACK ------- IT'S VINOKOUROV!!! Ahhh, VINO!"

The iconic mud-covered photo of Vino in the Giro - really, who else is going to generate photos like that in 2013?

The guy knows how to animate a race. He's THE reason I started watching cycling.

Vino attacks everyone said:
honestly, you can dislike him as a person as much as you like, but you can't say that you wont miss having him in the peloton?

He is for gods sake just a better and more agressive Nibali...

Nibali is the new Vino though.

BTW what role is Vino going to play in Astana next season? Will he be in the team car and that?

I voted for Freire, not because of the way he was riding but because of I loved the person Freire, going on training rides while having no idea where he was, forgetting his cycling shoes at races, wearing the shirt of teammates without him noticing and stuff like that.

If I had to vote pure on their style of riding it would be Vino obv.

Ruudz0r said:
I voted for Freire, not because of the way he was riding but because of I loved the person Freire, going on training rides while having no idea where he was, forgetting his cycling shoes at races, wearing the shirt of teammates without him noticing and stuff like that.

If I had to vote pure on their style of riding it would be Vino obv.

-How many laps to go?
-We are at final km!

I voted for all but Freire is the rider everybody can like and cheer when he wins, but all of them will be missed surely

And he lost his way the day before WC and he won (It was Lisbon i think)

TRENDING THREADS