• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which of these 3 will you miss the most.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will you miss the most

• Can't decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
-How many laps to go?
-We are at final km!

I voted for all but Freire is the rider everybody can like and cheer when he wins, but all of them will be missed surely

And he lost his way the day before WC and he won (It was Lisbon i think)

He asked such a thing with like 500m to go to Boogerd in Gent-Wevelgem I think it was. Needless to say, he won.

Utter don.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
burning said:
It was Brabantse Pijl :)

If only he didnt have back problems, he'd have probably won 3 times what he won during his career :(

You're absolutely right about that. About both of these things.

I also heard he once asked to his fellow breakaway riders who this guy called 'Allez' was the crowd was constantly cheering for. What a man :D

burning said:
-How many laps to go?
-We are at final km!

I voted for all but Freire is the rider everybody can like and cheer when he wins, but all of them will be missed surely

And he lost his way the day before WC and he won (It was Lisbon i think)

he went to ride on the course the afternoon before the race then got lost and wandered around lisbon (which by no means is a small city) without having any idea where he was. a couple of portuguese fans recognized him and thought it was weird to be training late at night on a city he didn't know with a big race the next day so they approached him and he told them he was lost. they offered to take him to the hotel but he didn't know the name so they had to drive around lisbon until freire recognized his hotel.

and he won the race the next day!!!!!! LEGEND!!!

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
he went to ride on the course the afternoon before the race then got lost and wandered around lisbon (which by no means is a small city) without having any idea where he was. a couple of portuguese fans recognized him and thought it was weird to be training late at night on a city he didn't know with a big race the next day so they approached him and he told them he was lost. they offered to take him to the hotel but he didn't know the name so they had to drive around lisbon until freire recognized his hotel.

and he won the race the next day!!!!!! LEGEND!!!

Lol, he should be very grateful to them. I knew about the story, but not in such detail.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Sad poll results. You obviously don't give a rats *** about clean cycling if you prefer Vino over Moncoutié.

Bring on another term for Fat Pat and Hein, hope they win their lawsuit against Kimmage and could some corrupt ******bag please shut down the USADA case? Let the farce continue unimpeded! The fans couldn't care less.

Tyler'sTwin said:
Clinic related quote removed

No one said doping shouldn't be punished pursued and fought. Vino served his time though, lost his rep.missed major years of his career has been spat on and shamed. Once a doper has gone though that many don't want to continue hating.

i prefer moncoutie myself and no doubt who i would much rather get to know but i can see why vinos hard as flint rep and attacking style appeal so strongly to some.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
clinic related quote removed

Or maybe people will just miss vino's attack in every race at anytime in the race style of racing over moncutie's win a mountain stage then get KOM points in breakaways style.

Also I could respond to the clinic part of your post but lets not get into clinic matters here.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Of course I understand that the reason you prefer Vino is his exciting style. The point is, if you prefer a doper like Alexander Vinokourov over David Moncoutié, you don't really give a **** about doping, do you? You can't support an unrepentant blood doper over a clean rider and still claim to support clean cycling. To claim otherwise is ludicrous. Picking Vino means it's all about the show and everything else is secondary.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I do not want to get into a clinic discussion in the road racing section, so all I'll say is just because a rider was caught and suspended does not necessarily mean they continued to dope once their suspension was over.

I voted Vino.
I will miss him the most because he retired after having won at the Olympics, he could have carried on... The victory on the Champs was also great.
I admire how Moncoutie won so much at the Vuelta and i liked his viewpoints but he could have won a lot more.
On the other hand Freire was the most calculating out of them. I liked his style of sprinting (without a real train) and he had a great palmares. I don't like how he whinged about Valverde though recently.

TRENDING THREADS