• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which one of you jokers was at the U.S. Nats?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I find this equally effective
favfgo.jpg

Is that a shirt I can purchase?

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
My god and than still going to law school, I would be horrified to write another thesis at age 46. BTw, which law school are you going to? (and is there a position open in the field of international criminal law?:p:eek:)

Charlotte School of Law. Pretty new, but our bar passing rate was 3rd in the state this year, its close to home so I get to see my daughter more frequently, and they gave me a scholarship. Win/win/win. And yea, I am interested in international law, and they are just developing the program, so it would be great to have a professor who knew something about it.

A

Anonymous

I think i need one. I succesfully upset at least 30 armstrong fans in paris his year. Best one was sat at a table in the cafe discussing with the wife and a friend the landis allegations and lances doping history when the four people at the table next to us got up and moved to a further away table. Only noticed afterwards they were all wearing mellow johnnys shirts.

What was interesting is that none of them had the courage to actually talk to us about it and defend him. Serious denial/head in the sand moment.

Then i got the middle finger from the team car. 2012 (cos 2011 is out) i need a liestrong banner :D shame he wont be there to see it.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Archibald said:
I believe that's "Where the Wild Things Are".. ;)

so will there be a limited release, Antoine? [he asks with hand raised in hope]

i bow to your knowledege of all things childish..:D

I asked my son (9) who was that, he said the Gruffalo :rolleyes: in his defence he read the books (where the wild things are and the grufalo) and has not yet seen the films.

+1 on the T-shirt

Benotti69 said:
i bow to your knowledege of all things childish..:D

I asked my son (9) who was that, he said the Gruffalo :rolleyes: in his defence he read the books (where the wild things are and the grufalo) and has not yet seen the films.

+1 on the T-shirt
:D
I learnt it the hard way - bought a gruffalo stuffed toy for a nephew who was a fan of Where the Wild Things Are... oops!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Archibald said:
:D
I learnt it the hard way - bought a gruffalo stuffed toy for a nephew who was a fan of Where the Wild Things Are... oops!!

hehehe ah well, they are close in the looks department, lots 'roids' i suppose:D

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
I think i need one. I succesfully upset at least 30 armstrong fans in paris his year. Best one was sat at a table in the cafe discussing with the wife and a friend the landis allegations and lances doping history when the four people at the table next to us got up and moved to a further away table. Only noticed afterwards they were all wearing mellow johnnys shirts.

What was interesting is that none of them had the courage to actually talk to us about it and defend him. Serious denial/head in the sand moment.

Then i got the middle finger from the team car. 2012 (cos 2011 is out) i need a liestrong banner :D shame he wont be there to see it.

...well isn't this just peachy...between you upsetting folks and someone else in this thread sticking it to what seem like the same folks ( who by the way you really don't know from Adam...just convenient strawmen it seems )...bravo!...

...someone should point out to youse that it is a very thin line between righteous and sanctimonious....and it should also be pointed that these folks despite all of their potential flaws are at some level cycling fans...and yes they were probably brought into the fold by the great satan but they now part of our little reality...chasing them away may bolster the ego for a while but don't you think maybe keeping them in the fold may be a good idea...they will eventually forget you-know-who as he ceases being a winner ( as recent polls have shown ) and if we ( as a community ) are lucky they will stick around for a while as cyclists and making our community bigger/stronger...

....the alternative...at least from where I sit...which seems to be some sort of freeper-like dream where only the purest "pur laine", as defined by the holy powers that walk these hallowed halls, will be left to carry the flag for cycling, is kinda scary...and doesn't bode well for the future of cycling...

Cheers

blutto

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

Sky, you, the Hells Angels and the Oakland Raiders fans from 10 years ago are one in the same.It is best to avoid you and avoid eye contact with you. Stay away from toxic situations.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestones said:
What did you do? Had one of those T-shirts on?

No, i gave a very laid back thumbs down (one handed) to the team bus as it came past, next i know a shackcar is making the effort to drive acrross the road to wind down its window, shout at me and flick me the bird.

I dont think they were having a good day. Then again, I know I along with a lot of people I talk to are stalked on twitter, there cant be too many sky supporting brits in paris with a 40ft flagpole with 2 union jacks flying from it. Also had TSF t-shirt on. They had got a pretty resounding boo from our crowd each time they came past during the race as well. Ho hum.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
No, i gave a very laid back thumbs down (one handed) to the team bus as it came past, next i know a shackcar is making the effort to drive acrross the road to wind down its window, shout at me and flick me the bird.

I dont think they were having a good day. Then again, I know I along with a lot of people I talk to are stalked on twitter, there cant be too many sky supporting brits in paris with a 40ft flagpole with 2 union jacks flying from it. Also had TSF t-shirt on. They had got a pretty resounding boo from our crowd each time they came past during the race as well. Ho hum.

Ah ok thanks for answering.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
antoine said:
my friends and i had them made a couple years ago. we thought about selling them, but it seemed like too much trouble.

Hey, great graphics and design. I would seriously like to buy one of these in xsmall or small for a costume party. If you don't have anymore, I would be interested in buying yours if you don't mind parting with it. Thanks.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
There was a hipster brand of T-shirts in the early 90's called "Fuct" that often cozied-up to the logos of certain companies with its various wares. As I remember, Ford succeeded in getting this one shut-down:

t-shirt-ford-style-fuct-design-fotl-all-sizes-colours-644-p.jpg

In trademark law, certain marks enjoy what is called "Famous Trademark" status, and that means they are protected in all 16-17 (I forget how many, exactly) P&TO categories. So in at least some situations, you absolutely can't parody a certain brand and sell it. If it enjoys Famous Trademark status, even the clothing brand category is off-limits.

This prevents people from doing such things as starting companies like "Coca Cola Plumbing Company" and such. It also protects the visual brands (not just the name).

Look at Kodak. They have that unique custom yellow ink color produced for them. Because they have Famous Trademark protection, I can't use that color anywhere at all. The color itself enjoys this protection.

Here's the kicker... If I changed my family name to "Pepsi" and one of my kids was born with that name...because of Famous Trademark protection (if Pepsi wanted to prevent it), my son could not start a business with that name. "Pepsi Landscaping" would be fair game for Pepsico's lawyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_dilution

BTW, I'm not sure if LAF or Livestrong qualifies as a Famous brand, but it probably could make a strong case for it. Those yellow wristbands are probably protected. The question is: Does the LAF do enough to defend it?

+1

Dopestrong Jerseys are COOOOL!

and Agree as a parody low risk, but... definitely a hassle...

remembering that Nike also has a stake... LAF would be easy, but the Nike legal stable would be a royal pain... keep in mind Disney always wins - by outspending the defendant...

Agree, Black Market, Best Market

but it might be a really cool admission of guilt if LAF ran out and proactively trademarked all the doping related iterations, they've already been busy with all the product permutations:

LIVESTRONG Trademark list,

Looks like they've got about 17 versions from energy bars to investment services:

go here, select #2 Search Marks, click basic search and enter "Livestrong"

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Nobody's trademarked "DOPESTRONG," Yet... Antoine?