• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

which rider can't you stand and you don't like in the peloton??

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dalakhani said:
Cavendish is my least favourite.

Big sulks when things don't go his way, big head when they do.

Having said that, if he writes his own tweets, he's got a pretty good sense of humour. And, let's be fair, he'd be a lot less annoying if he wasn't so much faster than everyone else.

Steve

You would barely notice his attitude if he was crap. If he was just cocky he wouldn't get under peoples skin as much its the fact he backs it up. I think he comes across as quite humours the fact the almost all his teammates seems to like him says a lot to me also

Parrulo said:
frenchfry said:
Undecided about Contador, but as someone who hates anything to do with guns I find that stupid pistol thing really offensive.
jesus fvcking christ now thats a stupid reason not to like some1. u make it sound like he kills the entire peloton terminator style after he crosses the line.

have to agree - taking offense to someone pointing a finger in the air if they win is pretty mental, and a ridiculous reason to hate someone. Surprised Bettini wasn't mentioned as being hated for his finish salute that time :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of contador and last year was really hoping for schlecklet to beat him. Although, the longer this season goes on, the less I'm inclined toward him winning it either. Just hoping for an upset.
Can't say I hate any rider that's still in the peloton ;) but I find the horner/leipheimer(sp?) duo hard to stomach.

Parrulo said:
jesus fvcking christ now thats a stupid reason not to like some1. u make it sound like he kills the entire peloton terminator style after he crosses the line.

Ouch! I never said I didn't like him, just that I find the pistol thing offensive. Just my opinion, sorry to have offended you.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
Hands down one of my favorite things about cyclists in general. A guy crosses the line, makes a fake gun shot with his hand, and it's a political/social discussion. Abso-freakin-lutely hysterical. Please whatever you do, do NOT get over yourselves. I would miss the comedy dearly.

Excellent! Well said...this is really funny!

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Dalakhani said:
Cavendish is my least favourite.

Big sulks when things don't go his way, big head when they do.

Having said that, if he writes his own tweets, he's got a pretty good sense of humour. And, let's be fair, he'd be a lot less annoying if he wasn't so much faster than everyone else.

Steve

I admit that I am a Cav fan and believe a lot of the dislike/hate for Cav comes from his earlier years, however I believe that he has mellowed a lot in the last 2 years since the accident of Jonny Bellis which affected him profoundly. I think if you listen to his post races interviews since you get a lot of detail about the stage and run in rather than the brash comments of previous years. Also as you say if you read any of his twitter comments you start to see a completely different side to him and enjoy his sense of humour.

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
bobs *** said:
I imagine that regardless of what culture you may be from, when an opponent verbally trashes you or your team, those quotes are posted prominently where all the team can see them and be motivated to prove the person who quoted them wrong, thus the term 'Bulletin Board Material'. Andy may be right in his analysis, but it's usually smarter to take the AC 'aw, shucks' approach than to fire up your opponent a week before the start of the race. Maybe better to say this stuff a week after you win, Andy.

But then again, I do find it refreshing to see someone, especially a professional athlete with a lot of sponsorship money to lose, who just has no filter whatsoever. He thinks it and then says it. Despite all that, I hope AC destroys him without mercy.

You hit the nail on the head. Maybe it's an American thing, but the last thing you do is call out the other team and give them bulletin board material. There's a way to be confident in your own team and give them a pat on the back without disrespecting the other team.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
This year it's been Robbie Hunter for me. I've appreciated his candor in the past but this year he just comes off as a jerk. I blame the kit.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I never been a big fan of Cavendish. He is a great sprinter , the best , but I dont like his attitude he is moaning to much and is a bad looser. He is the best sprinter in the world, no doubt, but he got no idea of good sportmanship.

I always liked Vino before he got caught for doping, after this I really dislike the guy. He was such an aggressiv and fun rider to watch, and after he got caught he showed no regret. I dislike everytime he rides and get a good result. I hope he quit cycling as soon as possible.

TRENDING THREADS