• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

which rider can't you stand and you don't like in the peloton??

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
On a personal level, dunno, I've never met most of them. Based on how they race and what's in the media Andy Schleck irritates the hell out of me. I mean, did you ever see anyone overuse "nice" so much?

Millar's "purer than thou bit" bugs me, but I do like how he races.

Bradley Wiggins, for not realising what a w***k*r he looks - I mean, that photo in Cycle Sport where he's posing in front of the mountains. Did nobody say to him, "Er, Brad, think you might want to re-shoot this" or were they all too busy s******ing?

Oh and LA for making the TdF boring. Thank god that's the only race he bothered to ride.

Why are we moaning about the riders it the COMMENTATORS on Eurosport that I can't stand - often prefer silence or foreign to them.
:)

Ps: I didn't like Di Luca during his victory Giro, I wan't him to beat Menchov the year later - and since his comeback he's much more self-effacing.

Swabian Lass said:
On a personal level, dunno, I've never met most of them. Based on how they race and what's in the media Andy Schleck irritates the hell out of me. I mean, did you ever see anyone overuse "nice" so much?

Millar's "purer than thou bit" bugs me, but I do like how he races.

Bradley Wiggins, for not realising what a w***k*r he looks - I mean, that photo in Cycle Sport where he's posing in front of the mountains. Did nobody say to him, "Er, Brad, think you might want to re-shoot this" or were they all too busy s******ing?

Oh and LA for making the TdF boring. Thank god that's the only race he bothered to ride.

I absolutely all wiggans photos they are with out fail hilarious.

saronni 9 said:
Not sure if anyone mentioned him yet but I cant stand Linus Gerdeman. My list of reasons are many. Starting with the way he bobs his head from side to side. If your gonna be PRO you better have good style. I also don't like how he would put the whole milram team on the front only to hang in a few seconds off the front for 5K and then get dropped, I mean who does that? And last I thought it was really stupid how a few years ago he offered to have a film crew follow him at the tour to prove he was not doping. I didn't think people really cared about him and his results really don't raise any eyebrows as to wether or not he was clean.
I think that about covers it.

The head bob champion has to be Chris Anker Sorensen. The guy looks like he is going to croak but just keeps bobbing his head forever. How can you look like you are in total agony for so long?

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
frenchfry said:
The head bob champion has to be Chris Anker Sorensen. The guy looks like he is going to croak but just keeps bobbing his head forever. How can you look like you are in total agony for so long?

Bernard Kohl wants to have a word with you. :D

frenchfry said:

I have to say in my cynical moments It does cross my mind that he's playing up for the cameras.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
There is no logic to these things, just gut feelings. My gut has never liked Contador, Cavendish, or Evans, though my previous dislike of Evans has slightly mellowed since he started doing more than just wheel suck.

bobs *** said:
I imagine that regardless of what culture you may be from, when an opponent verbally trashes you or your team, those quotes are posted prominently where all the team can see them and be motivated to prove the person who quoted them wrong, thus the term 'Bulletin Board Material'. Andy may be right in his analysis, but it's usually smarter to take the AC 'aw, shucks' approach than to fire up your opponent a week before the start of the race. Maybe better to say this stuff a week after you win, Andy.

But then again, I do find it refreshing to see someone, especially a professional athlete with a lot of sponsorship money to lose, who just has no filter whatsoever. He thinks it and then says it. Despite all that, I hope AC destroys him without mercy.

Yeah, and I don't even think Andy is right to begin with. Bertie's teammates didn't have to do much in the Giro. Sure... it was hard, but they didn't have to go all out. Not even close.

pugdog said:
Virenque I used to detest so much I'd change the channel whenever he was interviewed. Now he's a commentator on Eurosport, I realise he's as thick as a plank, and actually quite genuine. What you see is what you get. His voice doesn't help him.

Another who's voice doesn't help is Vino. When speaking French his voice has a hypnotic sibilance that is the very caricature of the evil villain who wants to conquer the world.

Voeckler is my currently most disliked person in the peloton. Whether it's his low cunning whenever in a break, or his staggeringly stupid attacks whenever the peloton is winding up for a mass sprint (luckily he has learned that it doesn't work for him) he irritates me. The most annoying is his menopausal-women-adore-me-and-pity-my-agony grimaces that he turns on whenever he wants to avoid doing his share of the work.

Hey Pugdog, how are you doing?

I hated Virenque and still do. His treatment during the Festina affair of those who were closest to him clearly illustrated just what a narcissic pr:ck he is. Stupidity is no excuse. I don't have Eurosport so don't have that problem. On the other hand I am a big fan of Jalabert, even though he defended Virenque (nobody is perfect).

I agree totally about Vino. His interviews in French make him seem like a Russian (Khazak) gangsta. I also don't believe all that admired attacking is due to natural talent. Big don't like.

I am a Voeckler fan, but do admit all that grimacing gets to me (much like Chris Anker Sorensen). Kind of the equivalent of grunting in tennis - major irritation.

Of course Rebbelin, Di Luca, Schumacher, et al are the lowest form of pond scum.

Undecided about Contador, but as someone who hates anything to do with guns I find that stupid pistol thing really offensive.

There is only one rider i truly can't stand, and that's Devolder. Always making excuses for his countless miserable performances, and when he finally actually does win something or gets a good result, he truly shows how small a person he really is, like that somehow justifies his poor form for the past x years. I will seriously cheer the day that mother ****** leaves cycling. Maybe i should throw a party.

Also, i don't get why ACF hates JVDB. There can be lots of reasons for someone to dislike a rider, but the tour of 2009 isn't one of them as far as JVDB goes. Dislike or hate him because he only rides the tour, or because he sounds a bit dumb, but he did absolutely nothing wrong in that TDF. First of all, you should get your story straight. JVDB had a protected role in the OLO team, while the rest of the team was riding for Evans, who had leadership. But JVDB was given the chance to ride for a good classification as well (after his 6th place in the Giro the summer before). After the team (Evans) decided not to wait for 20 seconds and blew JVDB's hopes for a good classification during the TTT where he fell, he had no choice to start attacking every mountain stage (which was a lot of fun to watch but didn't gain him any time). It was only after the failure of your boy Evans, that the team owner said they would no longer be riding for Evans but for JVDB. If anybody played a dirty role, it was Evans during the TTT, not JVDB.

Which reminds me, yeah, i dislike Evans as well. Actually, has a bit of a Devolder mentality too.

sorry logic is your friend but when arguing with ACF about evans logic isn't your friend.

we are talking about some1 that thinks evans still can win the tour and that evans is cleanest guy ever even tho he rode for what? 3 teams with full team doping program?

anyway nice post. i also enjoyed VdB2's attacks during the 2009 tour. watching contador blast past him in arcalis was lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eYOAp0lrOE&feature=related

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Logic-is-your-friend said:
There is only one rider i truly can't stand, and that's Devolder. Always making excuses for his countless miserable performances, and when he finally actually does win something or gets a good result, he truly shows how small a person he really is, like that somehow justifies his poor form for the past x years. I will seriously cheer the day that mother ****** leaves cycling. Maybe i should throw a party.

Also, i don't get why ACF hates JVDB. There can be lots of reasons for someone to dislike a rider, but the tour of 2009 isn't one of them as far as JVDB goed. Dislike or hate him because he only rides the tour, or because he sounds a bit dumb, but he did absolutely nothing wrong in that TDF. First of all, you should get your story straight. JVDB had a protected role in the OLO team, while the rest of the team was riding for Evans, who had leadership. But JVDB was given the chance to ride for a good classification as well (after his 6th place in the Giro the summer before). After the team (Evans) decided not to wait for 20 seconds and blew JVDB's hopes for a good classification during the TTT where he fell, he had no choice to start attacking every mountain stage (which was a lot of fun to watch but didn't gain him any time). It was only after the failure of your boy Evans, that the team owner said they would no longer be riding for Evans but for JVDB. If anybody played a dirty role, it was Evans during the TTT, not JVDB.

Which reminds me, yeah, i dislike Evans as well. Actuall, has a bit of a Devolder mentality too.

Oh but I can strongly dslike him for that. I don't need to justify it to you.

EDIT: Parrulo, you might want to get your facts right on what you said in the above post.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
frenchfry said:
Undecided about Contador, but as someone who hates anything to do with guns I find that stupid pistol thing really offensive.
jesus fvcking christ now thats a stupid reason not to like some1. u make it sound like he kills the entire peloton terminator style after he crosses the line.

Well, in a way, he kind of does. ;)

Alberto%2520Contador_Flickr_JesusEzkerra.jpg

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Cavendish is my least favourite.

Big sulks when things don't go his way, big head when they do.

Having said that, if he writes his own tweets, he's got a pretty good sense of humour. And, let's be fair, he'd be a lot less annoying if he wasn't so much faster than everyone else.

Steve

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Hey Pugdog, how are you doing?

That's funny about the guns, I loathe them also. However, to give Contador his due, I believe he points to his heart, and then fires... more macho than blowing kisses to the crowd.

i pretty sure cav writes his own twits because some of them are too genuine and personal to be written by some1 else (i don't read them that often tho as i don't even have a twitter account)

the guy is pretty funny and likes to win. i see no problem in that. a rider personality rarely influences if i like him or not, unless a pretty obvious case. what makes me not like a rider is: not having a winning mentality all season long (hello andy), being a boring rider (hello levi and thor) and stuff like that.

in cav's case he races pretty much across the season( this season he will ride, M-SR, the cobbled classics, the 3 GT's(only finishing 1 or 2 ofc but still, and the worlds) its pretty good for me imo. he also has an amazing sprinting style imo because its just so aero its amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCUD0CPKJSM

so he is not my favourite rider but i don't dislike him either.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
frenchfry said:

Parrulo said:
jesus fvcking christ now thats a stupid reason not to like some1. u make it sound like he kills the entire peloton terminator style after he crosses the line.

I actually like Contador, but I'm with frenchfry on this one. Guns are for losers.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
dsut4392 said:
I actually like Contador, but I'm with frenchfry on this one. Guns are for losers.

Hands down one of my favorite things about cyclists in general. A guy crosses the line, makes a fake gun shot with his hand, and it's a political/social discussion. Abso-freakin-lutely hysterical. Please whatever you do, do NOT get over yourselves. I would miss the comedy dearly.