• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

which rider can't you stand and you don't like in the peloton??

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Haters Caught

images

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't properly dislike anyone, but people I don't really like to see do well:

DiLuca - nothing to do with doping, I just don't like the look of his face (Rebillin is the same)

Haussler - seems to think he's ten times better than he actually is and moans constantly

Pozzato - for so many reasons. The naked Sidi advert* is enough. Then there's the hair, the relentless marking of the favourite....

Hoogerland - I don't like pointless, boneheaded attacks. What makes it worse is fans saying he has great panache. He's just playing to the crowd. I used to dislike Voeckler for the same reason, but he's now learnt to win big races.

Contador - he's just really cheesy and utterly uninteresting as a person. To quote Ned Boulting, "His character repels interest"

*Someone on another forum said "I let Sidi decide who I'm going to hate" - which is a great answer for those who watch Eurosport.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll make a distinction between riders I don't want to see win because of the way they come across, and those whom I don't want to see win because I don't enjoy the way they race, e.g. too dominant, too conservative (Leipheimer).

The first category includes Ricco, Di Luca, Cancellara and Andy Schleck.

The second is really just Contador and the wheelsuck brigade. I also won't root for guys like T. Martin who win races by riding in the bunch and out time-trialling the rest.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
bobs *** said:
I think the more gracious AC is the more these guys just eat their hearts out. I wonder if AC is aware of it and it drives him to be even more gracious just to drive some of these player haters completely bonkers. If it's because he cheats, you just have got to be utterly clueless and self-deluded about the 20 guys who came in after him.

People will always hate those who win more than others. It's just natural. Man U. 'soccer'. In America, the Yankees, or the Lakers or Celtics. Tiger woods, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson (as a coach).

I would just say Millar, as has been stated well earlier, THIS is our go-to conscience, a duplicitous phony with no conscience ? Anyone touting him as that (the conscience of the sport) is perpetrating a fraud.

There are those I dislike for the same reason as those who dislike AC. ie, Cancellara is just too good. I guess that's all the reason anyone should ever need! Any other reasons proffered are just cover. 'I don't like AC in his interviews.' 'The pistol shot frightens me.' How about ya grow a set, nancy? :)

I'm no expert on the NBA, but surely the Miami Heat would be up there in terms of hatred, or loathed.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
off topic

craig1985 said:
I'm no expert on the NBA, but surely the Miami Heat would be up there in terms of hatred, or loathed.

We are about to venture off topic.

LeBron James, in one appearance, did more to damage or at the least confirm a lot of casual observers like myself's suspicions that this guy is a) totally unaware of how he comes off and b) rather classless.

All he had to do was make the announcement to the people of Cleveland in a more personal and less public way but he had no clue. Nor did his entourage of image advisors, which is even more astounding.

But beyond that, the Heat couldn't even count on him when 'the heat was on' (sorry, lame pun). And oh the satisfaction of watching the Mavs put them away.

Bosh and Wade are just bystanders for the loathing that comes the Heat's way by way of Lebron. They likely will get theirs eventually. But it's nice for now. :)

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you think I would be bothered by insults by someone whose initial post included such childish reasons for disliking riders.

Trouble is you post unsubstantiated claims on forums then when someone calls your bluff you can't support them. And so you resort to name calling.

Its one of the reasons why i don't post much.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It's going to be an awfully long July for some of you.

ingsve said:
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto

ImmaculateKadence said:
I think the only rider I don't like is Contador.

DenisMenchov said:
There are a couple of guys, but one rises above the rest. contador

DenisMenchov said:
Have I said that i dislike contador?

Sofía_ said:
my top 3: Contador...

dlwssonic said:
contador...

Ragerod said:
...my big dislike is for Contador.

hrotha said:
At the Giro I found out Contador is the only rider I really, really dislike.

Walkman said:
My list of riders that I dislike: 1. AC

Sydney21 said:
Contador - Any race without him is 10x more interesting than those with him

Marva32 said:
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto

Mambo95 said:
Contador - he's just really cheesy and utterly uninteresting as a person.

Lyds97 said:
The second is really just Contador...

Oh well...

260x195_ffNlVGdpDS.jpeg

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it's really sad there is a thread on this. How many of you have met the people you claim to dislike? Or have a good enough relationship with them to decide you dislike them.

I don't dislike any of the riders because they are all just doing their job to the best of their ability in a very public way. If they never attack, well maybe they can't because they are hanging on by the skin of their teeth, and you dislike them because they are too dominant?? Give me a break.

Wake up to yourselves, what a rediculous thread

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
The Patron Saint of Supernatural comebacks...

None other than the Cancer of Cycling himself, the one and only uniballer, the devil incarnate of the TdF peloton, Lance Pharmstrong!

I've got to admit that HATE is a very strong word to use in our objection or dislike of cyclists, but in the case of this fine specimen of the human race, HATE is fitting.

If one considers the damage this tool has inflicted on the sport; its riders, its crown jewel (TdF) stage race, its credibility, and its fans, then it becomes plainly obvious that THIS rider is the one to LOATHE and HATE.

I mean, disliking a rider because of his hair style is strickly personal, and really doesn't make for a global case on not liking that particular person....BUT Lance on the other hand, has provided and CONTINUES to offer up copious reasons and facts why THIS guy should take command of the number 1 position on the list of " riders you can't stand and you don't like in the peloton".

Ok, I know he's no longer swinging his uniball on the French roads THIS July
( not sure about future Julys, his EGO might convince him to try comeback #2),
but his buddy the HOG et al continue his "winning" tradition of taking stage races, all the while approaching their 40s !!
It's like a rebirth all over again!

Looking forward to a Lance-free Tour de France.
Wonder what Phil and Paul will talk....

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Greenflame said:
Otherwise I often dislike riders liked most by popular opinion. Like now, Gesink gets hyped by everyone in the Netherlands and on this forum, and I find myself liking him less and less. Same with TGBM and Vino for example: they're just too popular.
tumblr_lgq72kFB7Y1qek2d4o1_250.jpg

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Mont Ventoux said:
None other than the Cancer of Cycling himself, the one and only uniballer, the devil incarnate of the TdF peloton, Lance Pharmstrong!

<Snip>

Looking forward to a Lance-free Tour de France.
Wonder what Phil and Paul will talk....

YES!!!! There is no other rider, current or retired that can rub me up the wrong way as the Uniballer does.

Sclecklet & Big Bro, over-hyped whiners - STFU and learn how to shift & ride cobbles.

Any of the Hog's "white lunch-bag" brigade.... for clinical reasons.

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Lyds97 said:
I'll make a distinction between riders I don't want to see win because of the way they come across, and those whom I don't want to see win because I don't enjoy the way they race, e.g. too dominant, too conservative (Leipheimer).

The first category includes Ricco, Di Luca, Cancellara and Andy Schleck.

The second is really just Contador and the wheelsuck brigade. I also won't root for guys like T. Martin who win races by riding in the bunch and out time-trialling the rest.

lol thats basicly everyone

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
ingsve said:
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto
SCARPONI Michele
CAVENDISH Mark
MOSQUERA MIGUEZ Ezequiel
MCEWEN Robbie
RICCO Riccardo
MILLAR David
GADRET John
BASSO Ivan

Except Ricco, Mosquera and Gadret I kinda like all those riders (0;

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Pointless thread and actually very indicative of the type of person who posts spew like this..
Hate campaining gone mad.
Ought to be closed this thread.

Shame.

Ragerod said:
It's important not to confuse dislike with envy when it comes to winning. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant weren't disliked because they were good but because they committed adultery/bland, had a gambling addiction and were involved in a sexual assault scandal respectively. People envied how good they were and were jealous of their success.

This is just your own personal assumption of the reason(s) some individuals disliked/envied the 3 athletes you mention. Don't try to spin it as fact.

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Since last year I find myself really disliking Andy and his brother. Sad, I used to like them... Also Cancellara, TJvG and Hushovd (don't know why, just dislike him a lot)

I used to find Gilbert really annoying as well, but I've learned to appreciate him.

nice..

but can't we ask for reasons to dislike someone, to prevent hypocrites like denismenchov and ACF from saying a name that anyone was expecting because the cyclist in question is just better (a lot) than the ones that they choose to "love"?

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely Andy Schleck. He just talks too much despite the fact that he hasn't won the TDF. I hated how he was 2 against 1 at LBL and didn't really do anything to take advantage of it. He seems a little too buddy-buddy with his brother. If you and your brother are alone at the end of a race, wouldn't you want to sprint it out?

Today's article where he bashes Contador's TDF team shows no class.

TRENDING THREADS