• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

which rider can't you stand and you don't like in the peloton??

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys!
which rider can't you stand in the people and you don't like him and how he rides?
mine are:
Pozzato,Leiphemeir,Visconti,Hushovd and Armstrong when he was riding :D

Gesink.

Nah just kidding:p

They are all members of my sport I like them all. They all kill themselves for this thing of ours.

I appreciate that. Although riders which say something like "Cali is bigger than Vuelta" or "Only Tour matters" I dont like too much.

And thanks to the forum like many Im starting to dislike Tony Martin.

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
dabaideschbi said:
Hi guys!
which rider can't you stand in the people and you don't like him and how he rides?
mine are:
Pozzato,Leiphemeir,Visconti,Hushovd and Armstrong when he was riding :D

What's wrong with Visconti?

Oh there are so many...

Here are the ones from the top 100 of the current CG ranking. There are more if I look further...

CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto
SCARPONI Michele
CAVENDISH Mark
MOSQUERA MIGUEZ Ezequiel
MCEWEN Robbie
RICCO Riccardo
MILLAR David
GADRET John
BASSO Ivan

The Hitch said:
Gesink.

Nah just kidding:p

They are all members of my sport I like them all. They all kill themselves for this thing of ours.

I appreciate that. Although riders which say something like "Cali is bigger than Vuelta" or "Only Tour matters" I dont like too much.

And thanks to the forum like many Im starting to dislike Tony Martin.
because he has a really big face?
i kind of like them all, some more than others.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I want certain riders to fail because I associate them with certain annoying forumites, but other than that I don't really dislike any riders. Well, except a few sprinters, but it's not my fault they're obnoxious.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I think the only rider I don't like is Contador. Right from the start I couldn't stand him. Other than that, it's more the managers I don't really care for like Bjarne Riis, so it's fitting Contador is racing with SaxoBank. And there's something about Jonathan Vaughters too-maybe it's the sideburns and turtlenecks in summer :rolleyes:

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Not a big fan of the old Saxo Bank drinking gang. But wont say i directly dislike any riders. I will however cheer for riders from Scandinavia, Germany, Holland and Belgium over others. Simply because I like those countries more.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a strong dislike against any rider. I'm not really fund of A. Schleck but when he lights up the mountains in companionship with Contador it's still entertainment. Thank god there's numerous characters in the peleton to create fascinating sporting drama, Thats what I like about cycling.

Ricco is a strong dislike though! But he's not really a part of the current peleton.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Very few of us will ever get to establish a personal relation to any pro rider, much less one of the superstars. Can we ever know who's truly likeable? maybe the riders you idolize the most just happens to be the ones who's flaws has not been exposed yet? Nobody is flawless remember that.

I just can't tolerate the image of those Wheel suckers-so my list is on the most Wheel sucker thread:)
Apart from that, I begun to dislike A Schleck-so overrated & touted wrongfully to be the next big thing in cycling..... and he hasn't even won a single GT!!:eek:

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
dont like Cancellera..for what he did at the tour last year...cry baby and stopped a stage.

Also don't like kim because he is not good to his fans. He needs to come back to earth.

Don't like Di Luca nor Ricco.
they Cheat, and have no moral. Di Luca cheats and them ride for free to get back at it. Just not right..a young guy should have his spot.
Final.

Everybody else is fine.
Contador is actually available to his fans...even with the Yellow on his shoulders.. Just saying.

Schleck does not seem too Friendly..and Even being French I have to Say, Voekler is a Great rider but he is a ***...his head has Swallowed..he is not friendly at all.

Most Friendly guy has to be Rider Hedjesdal. and Van summeren, but there are lots out there..M. Barry etc....
excuse my spelling.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
Very few of us will ever get to establish a personal relation to any pro rider, much less one of the superstars. Can we ever know who's truly likeable? maybe the riders you idolize the most just happens to be the ones who's flaws has not been exposed yet? Nobody is flawless remember that.

don't take it too serious

my top 3:
Contador
Cavendish
Hushovd