• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

which rider can't you stand and you don't like in the peloton??

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bavarianrider said:
A lot.
But a few of the guy i like least.

Spaniards and Dutchies in Gerneral, van den Broeck, the Schlecks, Cancellara,Leipheimer, Evans, Gerdemann,Fothen,Voigt,Ciolek, Nibali, Garzelli, Rujano, Basso, Schumacher, Millar, Wiggins, Cavendish, Scarponi,McEven...

wow that is a lot.

The Hitch said:
Im not saying he is or isnt but saying you know for certain someone is clean, belongs in the clinic too.

Too often posters who never enter the clinic because its to cynical or whatever, and are happy to have all doping talk sent there, have absolutely no problem identifying who is or isnt clean on the Road section.

Oh please...

I don't really dislike any riders. As it has been previously pointed out it's not like I've actually met them.
Ricco, though, I don't care too much for. And that's excactly it; I don't care about him, I've simply chosen to ignore him! :p What I dislike about him isn't the fact that he doped, that was just plain stupid! But the fact that he seems to change his mind about whether or not he wants to return to racing all the freaking time!

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Easy one: Ricco

But also: Visconti, di Luca, Pozzato, Scarponi, Cancellara, Schumacher, Rasmussen

Former riders: Casagrande, Brochard, Frigo, Virenque

Eeeh... Chicken or Alex Rasmussen?

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Johnalex13 said:
Leiphiemer
Horner
Cancellera

Why all the Tony Martin hate?...and Contador?...

I don't get it; Conti wins a ton and seems garcious about it. Of course he dopes, but you are silly if that is why you hate hi.

I think the more gracious AC is the more these guys just eat their hearts out. I wonder if AC is aware of it and it drives him to be even more gracious just to drive some of these player haters completely bonkers. If it's because he cheats, you just have got to be utterly clueless and self-deluded about the 20 guys who came in after him.

People will always hate those who win more than others. It's just natural. Man U. 'soccer'. In America, the Yankees, or the Lakers or Celtics. Tiger woods, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson (as a coach).

I would just say Millar, as has been stated well earlier, THIS is our go-to conscience, a duplicitous phony with no conscience ? Anyone touting him as that (the conscience of the sport) is perpetrating a fraud.

There are those I dislike for the same reason as those who dislike AC. ie, Cancellara is just too good. I guess that's all the reason anyone should ever need! Any other reasons proffered are just cover. 'I don't like AC in his interviews.' 'The pistol shot frightens me.' How about ya grow a set, nancy? :)

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
bobs *** said:
I think the more gracious AC is the more these guys just eat their hearts out. I wonder if AC is aware of it and it drives him to be even more gracious just to drive some of these player haters completely bonkers. If it's because he cheats, you just have got to be utterly clueless and self-deluded about the 20 guys who came in after him.

People will always hate those who win more than others. It's just natural. Man U. 'soccer'. In America, the Yankees, or the Lakers or Celtics. Tiger woods, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson (as a coach).

I would just say Millar, as has been stated well earlier, THIS is our go-to conscience, a duplicitous phony with no conscience ? Anyone touting him as that (the conscience of the sport) is perpetrating a fraud.

There are those I dislike for the same reason as those who dislike AC. ie, Cancellara is just too good. I guess that's all the reason anyone should ever need! Any other reasons proffered are just cover. 'I don't like AC in his interviews.' 'The pistol shot frightens me.' How about ya grow a set, nancy? :)

It's important not to confuse dislike with envy when it comes to winning. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant weren't disliked because they were good but because they committed adultery/bland, had a gambling addiction and were involved in a sexual assault scandal respectively. People envied how good they were and were jealous of their success.

There is also a distinction between winning and how you win. Contador wins in Schumacher-esque fashion. His wins are predictable, comfortable and dull. He's not the only person with this problem as the likes of Cavendish suffer from it too. It's not Contador's fault that he's considerably better than anyone else but attacking on Mt. Etna and deciding the Giro half way through doesn't help nor does opportunistic use of someone else's misfortune to win the TDF.

The Giro helped Contador's image off the bike giving wins to Rujano and Tiralongo but so much damage has been done to it prior to that and it's not possible to change that overnight. Neither side came out well in the Armstrong/Contador and the post TDF issues last year caused damage as well.

Now interviews. They're the only chance we get to learn about the personality of the riders and as a result impressions are based on these. Everyone who claims to dislike Cavendish on here will probably have formed that opinion from his interviews. The winning is merely a catalyst for dislike.

I'm not a fan of Contador and I accept that a large part of this could be because of his portrayal by the English speaking media and what's the problem with disliking his celebration? It's a very arrogant celebration and one I consider to be of his true character rather than the one he tries to portray. I might just be cynical but it's reminiscent of this guy.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Ragerod said:
It's important not to confuse dislike with envy when it comes to winning. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordon and Kobe Bryant weren't disliked because they were good but because they committed adultery/bland, had a gambling addiction and were involved in a sexual assault scandal respectively. People envied how good they were and were jealous of their success.

There is also a distinction between winning and how you win. Contador wins in Schumacher-esque fashion. His wins are predictable, comfortable and dull. He's not the only person with this problem as the likes of Cavendish suffer from it too. It's not Contador's fault that he's considerably better than anyone else but attacking on Mt. Etna and deciding the Giro half way through doesn't help nor does opportunistic use of someone else's misfortune to win the TDF.

The Giro helped Contador's image off the bike giving wins to Rujano and Tiralongo but so much damage has been done to it prior to that and it's not possible to change that overnight. Neither side came out well in the Armstrong/Contador and the post TDF issues last year caused damage as well.

Now interviews. They're the only chance we get to learn about the personality of the riders and as a result impressions are based on these. Everyone who claims to dislike Cavendish on here will probably have formed that opinion from his interviews. The winning is merely a catalyst for dislike.

I'm not a fan of Contador and I accept that a large part of this could be because of his portrayal by the English speaking media and what's the problem with disliking his celebration? It's a very arrogant celebration and one I consider to be of his true character rather than the one he tries to portray. I might just be cynical but it's reminiscent of this guy.

With all due respect, that's a bunch of bull. Agree to disagree.