• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which Rider made you LOL the most this season?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which rider made you LOL the most this year?

• They were all great, can't decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
King Boonen said:
He clearly belongs in here, not least because there has hardly been a raised eyebrow about his performances.

King Boonen said:
The thoughts of the posters in the thread have nothing to do with the point I was making. Last posted in before the Vuelta started? That the one?
they have to do with the point you were making (that was that there has hardly been a raised eyebrow about his performances)... the eyebrows have already been raised and no one tried to close them ;) This Vuelta have shown a lot of weakness signs for Nibali so no surprise no one posted anything... During the Giro, people posted "Nibs is doping" and the reaction of the clinic was "yeah...".
Hard to make a 10,000 posts thread like this.

The fact that Nibali is liked by many here, while Froome and others aren't, has nothing to do with clinic reasons.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
pugdog said:
I can't blame you for your disappointement as a fan, but what makes you think that Nibali, Valverde, Purito et al weren't doped? Why is it unique to Chris and Chris?

Do remember how people spoke about Ricco during the 2008 Tour before he and Piepoli were caught for CERA? They were not being nice and some of the things some of the Aussies on SBS said to this day are some of the most disgusting things I have ever heard from sports commentators. This from the same mob who were sniffing LA's jockstrap nonstop and never apologised for their sniveling sucking up. Actually that person, was absent from SBS cycling talk at the end of last year for MONTHS.

Disappointed? Not really dude. Use to it. I liked Nibali's fighting attitude last night. I enjoyed that. It's just the two Chris boys, they really are asking WAY too much IMO of cycling fans. I for one know Nibali, Valverde and Purito are doping. No doubt. Nibali is on the Ferrari special all the way.

But look at the power outputs. Nibali at the Giro went arguably higher than he ever has before. Why? Because of the threat posed by Wiggins, albeit never materialised, but still a threat none the less. Fear. So they look for another gear. They go higher. Now contrast that with Contador this year and Andy Schleck. Sure Contador came 4th at the Tour, but why didn't he at least match Purito? Something WAS stopping him. Note Quintana, Purito, Froome and now Horner have power outputs that INCREASED during the third weeks.

The equilibrium dope wise among the top 10 in a GT has shifted. It's shifted so far to the right, instead of back to a neutral, more natural level that guys like Froome, who when Alberto Contador was winning the 2011 Giro, he was holding onto a car to make it up climbs can now smack that same guy around on Mt Ventoux like a rag doll. When that level of rider can jump to WORLDS best and have Yates carry on like he did this last week by saying the Dawg has the biggest engine since Lance...yeah, the whole game has changed. It's open warfare to win now.

IMO the Giro will be the cleanest looking GT next year. They at least caught dopers this year. The Tour and Vuelta don't seem to care. They're open for the new kind of business both boys named Chris have pushed...ridiculous doping. Comical clown doping. Both boys named Chris saw potential to get a big pay day and took it. Selling their story isn't the same as selling Valverde or Nibali. Not saying cycling is clean, but don't go full genius with the guys you use to market the sport. The level of performance pedaled by both Chris's is ASKING WAY TOO MUCH. It's damaging cycling.

Personally I think McQuaid and this whole UCI battle have played a big hand in this. The next few months will be interesting. Fret not...if Nibali isn't up to the Worlds, or Purito or Valverde, then Cancellara will be. Horner won't beat him. I don't even think he'll try at the Worlds. Nibali is still the man to beat there.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
King Boonen said:
Only person to beat Sky "the super dopers" procycling at their own game, twice, walked a massively difficult Giro making everyone else look like a chump and almost doubles up with a second GT at the Vuelta, only getting beaten because a fresh doper is quicker than a tired doper. Yet hardly gets a mention in here from people who claim they just want to discuss doping performances, not attack certain riders. That was funny. He'll close the show with a standing ovation if he wins the world's.

Get the bubbly and popcorn ready! Nibali and the Italian team are set to deliver your very wish!! :p;)

It was a great year - not finished yet

got to be up there with the best. Horner, so funny. Froome and the Ventoux, we're all just lovin it. I can remember a long term cycling fan coming back from a Giro watching holiday and saying that Basso guy was unbelievable. He couldn't understand why I thought that was so funny that he used those exact words. But I want to know, how many of you can put any of these with the ultimate of charged days - Landis - Stage 17 - 2006. I will thank my lucky stars that I was out on a trip from work and traveling. Heard the developing story on the radio and went to Eurosport to catch the last 30 mins. When Floyd squares up to the security guy after the race, you know this guy is on something extra - extra special.

Weeks later we had the "downfall". I think we have had a good run of exploded stars.

I think we might be in for a run like Big Mig. Backside like a bus but climbs with the best. Must be doped, but gets to live happily ever after, keeping his stolen loot. Right place right time. Just a year later and Mr 60% gets s h a f t e d. Seemed like a bad period at the office for Mig at the time. Turns out he retired just in time. Hope he sends Mr Riis a Christmas card each year !

Edit - Enjoy - Floyd's Fairness fund promo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRIbmhqSiME

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:

Thanks for this nice selection highlighting how spectacular and dominant Froome was this year

Also seems that Oman is a nice tour that i will watch next year. How many times can you see a flat sprint between Froome, Purito and Contador for stage win ?!?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
zlev11 said:
haha, i forgot how ridiculous Criterium International was. that was definitely the biggest LOL for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izcxdZK1TVs

that was definitely up there as one of the most freakish moments of the year. My favourite part is when he sprints away from Peraud and the other guy. Reminds me of Lance at sestriere.

Of course Jimmyfingers will tell you that sky didnt dominate the stage races this year. What we saw here was Froome only at 80% or so before his tour peak.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izcxdZK1TVs

that was definitely up there as one of the most freakish moments of the year. My favourite part is when he sprints away from Peraud and the other guy. Reminds me of Lance at sestriere.

Of course Jimmyfingers will tell you that sky didnt dominate the stage races this year. What we saw here was Froome only at 80% or so before his tour peak.

That's how legendary champions create their aura :D

Stuart O'Grady and It's not even close

"After my first Tour (in 1997) when I was dropped after 5km on a mountain day and you're questioning what the hell I am doing in this sport, you're not anywhere near competitive at something you're supposed to be pretty good at."

I was basically trying to survive in what was a very grey area."

In 1998 not surviving but thriving in the yellow jersey.

Froome: Didn't his acceleration on Ventoux crash the site?

Horner: Funny too but at least he was horrible in the TT. So there was some drama going into the stage 20.

Danilo Di Luca: too stupid for words

TRENDING THREADS