• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which sport is harder ten pin bowling or cycling?

In the spirit of recent posts...

I have to say I have done a lot of miles on my bike and raced some pretty tough races. I have pitted myself against the toughest climbs in both the alps and the pyrenees. But I have never been so sore (my right arm at least) as I was the day after I went bowling the other night. I have to say 3 games and I was done. And if that wasn't enough I dropped the damn ball on my foot - hurt like hell. Easily the hardest sport in my opinion ;)

Everyone knows bowling is a dirty sport. A probably clean amateur bowler like yourself only managed 3 games so anyone even attempting more than that surely has to be on the juice.

It's a game that combines heavy lifting, accuracy and stamina so any type of drug could be very useful.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
In the spirit of recent posts...

I have to say I have done a lot of miles on my bike and raced some pretty tough races. I have pitted myself against the toughest climbs in both the alps and the pyrenees. But I have never been so sore (my right arm at least) as I was the day after I went bowling the other night. I have to say 3 games and I was done. And if that wasn't enough I dropped the damn ball on my foot - hurt like hell. Easily the hardest sport in my opinion ;)

Unless you can get hurt or killed, it's a game, not a sport.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a cyclist friend who tore some muscles in his shoulder while bowling and couldnt race for a few months. He had never been that seriously injured riding his bike. So I think you're right 180!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Darts. Could easily put an eye out. A sport by previously mentioned definition?
No
Of course, there's no accounting for human idiocy. I'm an 6 handicapper golfer. It's my "game" of choice. Then again, I've never had a club or ball taken to my head... yet.

Going for a ride. Anyone care to join me?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Duck Pin Bowling! The balls have no holes and the pins are spindles. Of course, the only alley I ever went to was a place in NH that served us slightly underage kids years ago.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, bowling's the toughest...

Just ask Obama. All his athletic pretensions, and oh so slick basketball wannabe jaunt of a slick walk, and he tries bowling.

The result? A total and utter wuss. All pretensions unmasked by this mighty sport of bowling, the ultimate decider of hipness and coolness.

Now that's a sport I can try. Bowling is the apotheosis, the Alpe d'Huez, of delusion testing. It's the infallible polygraph for all conceited prigs :cool: