• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which stage will Chris Froome give Richie Porte as a gift?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Froome will do his best that Porte could win...

• I even don't wanna think about such a joke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If froome breaks the opposition on le twice d'huez, and nothing major happens at bornand, then the rest of them guys in the run for podium might just watch eachother and porte may slip away for the MTF.

Mostly it depends on Porte tho, and whether he is spent on the previous two alp stages, or not.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I think they'll try on st20, it won't work as porte won't be able to hold Froome while riding away from everyone else, so Froome will ride off and win alone anyway.

Gifting a stage is so condescending – why would a rider accept it?
On the subject of Porte I don't see him as a real TdF contender. He's 28 and he will be helping someone else at Sky for the next couple of years. If he saw himself as a GC winner I'd say he'd have taken another career option.:D