• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which Teams for World Tour next year?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 11, 2009
Visit site
How on earth does the UCI expect to retain, or attract new, team sponsors while providing questions on whether a team be onthe pro-tour. Sponsors need to know well in advance of November to allocate their sponsorship money. Pro-tour events start in January.
McQuaid should stay in the office and supervise his crew rather than running around theworld.

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
why would Vacansoleil be out whereas they are in the UCI's top-15 (i mean their sporting criteria ranking or so) and it doesn't seem they have any financial problems :confused:

18-Valve. (pithy) said:

The irony being that Vacan had to go out and buy such dodgy riders, in order to "look" sufficiently strong in the GT department, to get the PT spot in the first place.
Pat's master plan in action, but any repercussions land at the team's doorstep.

As for Radioshack, it's simply the UCI blowing a bit of PR smokescreen.
No way this new set up goes from Pat's golden heroes to leaden zeroes, simply because of a few financial irregularities and the odd, potential indictment.

luckyboy said:
UCI announcement today - http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENe...es/UCI/UCI5/layout.asp?MenuID=MTYxNw&LangId=1

Astana, BMC, Garmin-Cervélo, Lampre-ISD, Liquigas-Cannondale, Movistar, Rabobank and Sky confirmed for the WorldTour.

Accent Jobs – Willems Veranda’s, Androni Giocattoli, Acqua & Sapone, Bretagne - Schuller, Caja Rural, Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne, Colnago – CSF Inox, Colombia - Coldeportes, Landbouwkrediet, Project 1t4i, Saur - Sojasun, Spidertech powered by C10, Team Netapp, Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator, UnitedHealthCare Pro Cycling Team confirmed for ProContinental Tour.

Vacansoleil and RadioShack have to be called before the License Commission, along with Katusha, AG2R, Saxo, Geox, FDJ, Europcar, Euskaltel, QST, GreenEdge, Lotto.

"The teams Vacansoleil – DCM Pro Cycling Team and RadioShack-Nissan will also be heard by the Licence Commission in accordance with article 2.15.071 of the regulations." This means that the UCI has been unable to register the teams...

Team Type 1 seems to be missing from the Pro Conti teams. Are there any other teams we know of for Pro Conti that are missing? Are Andalucia continuing?

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
ingsve said:
Team Type 1 seems to be missing from the Pro Conti teams. Are there any other teams we know of for Pro Conti that are missing? Are Andalucia continuing?

FARNESE VINI - NERI SOTTOLI , COLOMBIA ES PASION - CAFE DE COLOMBIA, DE ROSA - CERAMICA FLAMINIA, CCC POLSAT POLKOWICE are also not there. According to CQ rankings CCC is stopping,

Andalucia have signed some riders so I think they are continuing.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
As an older follower of cycling I am saddened and amused when I see the top story is about the teams that the UCI has approved or renewed. Wow. I guess I am supposed to get excited and want to read the story. Not! Cycling is still in the stone age when it comes to being a professional level sport. You don't see football (soccer in the US), baseball, or cricket releasing a story in regards to the teams which are eligible for the top tier of the sport. I just don't get it. F**cking professional level teams and I have to listen to the dribble of the UCI letting me know that they have approved of these teams to be eligible and qualified to play in their so called dreamed up league - "we have have decided you can join our clique". Give me a f**cking break. Grow up UCI and I hope that cycling will one day have a better system in place than the current one. I roll my eyes at the ridiculousness of how the system of professional cycling is managed. If I worked for this company I would jump ship in a heart beat.

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Kvinto said:
why would Vacansoleil be out whereas they are in the UCI's top-15 (i mean their sporting criteria ranking or so) and it doesn't seem they have any financial problems :confused:

They need to explain part of their financial structure according to the Dutch news.

Apr 7, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
They've had their requests for licenses rejected, so they'll have to join the other teams and go to the licensing commission.

That rule states....

No wonder Ernst and Young has to review the applications. It's written so the rules can be made up as they go along. How can there be so many 'may's in the rules?

Utterly unbelievable. Maybe Vaughters/Bruynell should start their own league...

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
The irony being that Vacan had to go out and buy such dodgy riders, in order to "look" sufficiently strong in the GT department, to get the PT spot in the first place.
Pat's master plan in action, but any repercussions land at the team's doorstep.

As for Radioshack, it's simply the UCI blowing a bit of PR smokescreen.
No way this new set up goes from Pat's golden heroes to leaden zeroes, simply because of a few financial irregularities and the odd, potential indictment.

not true, even without the points of mosquera and ricco last year they would've had enough to enter wt

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
mwbyrd said:
No wonder Ernst and Young has to review the applications. It's written so the rules can be made up as they go along. How can there be so many 'may's in the rules?

Utterly unbelievable. Maybe Vaughters/Bruynell should start their own league...

lol, that would be an epic failure. you have clearly no understanding of cycling. cycling is all about the races and riders, not the teams. it's an indvidual sport that can't be compared to cricket or whatever.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
lol, that would be an epic failure. you have clearly no understanding of cycling. cycling is all about the races and riders, not the teams. it's an indvidual sport that can't be compared to cricket or whatever.

That's why Cavendish always pulls the breaks back himself, or why Cancellara had to resort to stupid tactics in the classics :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Come on, this is just Daniel Benson's imagination running wild. The title might as well have been "Could drugged hippopotamuses harm Vacansoleil's Worldtour chances?" I.e. we don't know why they've been summoned at UCI HQ.

Actually we do, it is about a part of their finances that needs further explaining.