• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which Teams for World Tour next year?

As new member on this forum, I would like to introduce the work I've made based on the Ranking system issued by the UCI in april

http://http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/exclusive-uci-proteam-ranking-system-revealed

I've been for the past month calculating this ranking including latests transfers and results.

1.RadioShack 1577
2.BMC 1453
3.Rabobank 1041
4.Liquigas 981
5.Garmin 949
6.Sky 927
7.Lampre 844
8.Movistar 783
9.Vacansoleil 774
10.Quickstep 695
11.Saxo Bank 677
12.Green Edge 570
13.Katusha 568
14.Astana 552
15.Lotto 547
16.FDJ 492
17.Euskaltel 467
18.Geox - TMC 416
19.Ag2r 412
20.Colnago - CSF 359
21.Europcar 343
22.Cofidis 343
23.Skil 262
24.Androni 213
25.Saur - Sojasun 211

There are rumors that 2010 points will count as full and the team ranking is based on that.

You can have more informations on this blog :
http://nicosix.wordpress.com/category/cyclisme/classements-2012/classement-equipes-2012/

Very good job. I was planning on doing the same thing a while ago but it was just too much work to bother. Though you are not the only one that has been doing these calculations. Also your numbers seem a little off here and there. They are usually in the right visinity but a lot of riders seem to be missing 5-10 points here and there. You have a rider like Teklehaimanot at 13 points when he should be worth at least 33 points.

Indeed Tekle's points weren't right.
It should be 32.

If you see any other mistake, just tell me.

When you talk about other similar rankings, the CQ ranking doesn't count the U23 points and hasn't been updated with transfers.

And the spanish one with Geox 10th is just a joke ;).

It's only when I came to this forum just yesterday that I discovered other freeks like me but happy to meet some.

The scores are taken on 2 years and clearly value victories. Therefore sprinters often get a lot of points.

For Cobo he gets 30 points for Vuelta victory + 6 points for stage win in the Angliru stage + 70 points for a place in the top 20 on the WT ranking. (which he might drop off depending on the results in Beijing or Lombardy)
That's all!

Nicosix said:
It should be 32.

When you talk about other similar rankings, the CQ ranking doesn't count the U23 points and hasn't been updated with transfers.

It's only when I came to this forum just yesterday that I discovered other freeks like me but happy to meet some.

I count Teklehaimanots points to be 33. 23 victory points and 10 for the african ranking. 32 is close enough I guess.

I only checked a few riders here and there and I guess some of the discrepancies can be in projected placings in the various rankings that might have changed due to recent results.

It's true the CQ rankings version doesn't count the U-23 points. According to them the points for U-23 changed since last year and the exact rules for this year were still unknown at least to them.

Ya, Fran Reyes placing of Geox is a bit strange. Either he has made some strange mistake somewhere or he is counting some type of big transfer that's not yet known.

Nicosix said:
It should be 32.

I'm having a go with this myself but I'm having some trouble with calculating part of the 2011 ''Collective Team Score''. The following is from the cycling news article:

Teams also score points for defending race leader’s jerseys. The final overall jersey winner's team scores 15 points, with a points jersey and a mountains jersey worth 10 points each. Each day a team hold a race leader’s jersey it scores three points, with two points scored for points and mountains jersey.

Do you know what the scale of points is for this section of the ''Collective Team Score''? For example, if winning the Tour with Cadel Evans is worth 15 points to BMC then how many points does Katusha receive for winning the HC. Vuelta a Burgos with Purito?

I think AG2R have not done enough this year to warrant selection. Other than Gadret and nice showings from Kadri, Dupont, Peraud and Roche's prospects they have sucked.

I would much rather see Europcar get rewarded. FDJ have been good but no stage win at the TDF.

Geox might not get the PT unless if they sign some good riders. Hopefully they get an invite to the TDF though.

JRanton said:
I'm having a go with this myself but I'm having some trouble with calculating part of the 2011 ''Collective Team Score''. The following is from the cycling news article:

Do you know what the scale of points is for this section of the ''Collective Team Score''? For example, if winning the Tour with Cadel Evans is worth 15 points to BMC then how many points does Katusha receive for winning the HC. Vuelta a Burgos with Purito?

For the Team Scores I guess it only applies on GTs since we don't have any further explaination.
That's what I did. Furthermore each team gets points per day when they get a jersey : 3 for leader jersey and 2 for mountain and points jerseys.

Concerning U23 I got the ranking from somebody within UCI (who also told me that 2010 wouldn't be divided in 2 but taken as a whole)

Europe : 1-10 -> 20 points
11-20 -> 8 points
21-30 -> 5 points
31-50 -> 2 points

Oceania and Africa : 1st 3 points; 2nd 1 point

Asia and America : 1-5 -> 5 points
6-10 -> 3 points

And last but not least, Tekle points are 34. I don't know how I missed that but I did :eek:.

You can check rankings (Europe Tour + WT and also U23) by clicking on the menu on the right (if you understand french ;))

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
greenedge said:
I think AG2R have not done enough this year to warrant selection. Other than Gadret and nice showings from Kadri, Dupont, Peraud and Roche's prospects they have sucked.

I would much rather see Europcar get rewarded. FDJ have been good but no stage win at the TDF.

Geox might not get the PT unless if they sign some good riders. Hopefully they get an invite to the TDF though.

AG2R must be PT, if they are not it will be a total and utter joke. They have plenty of excellent riders and are an established team, must be PT.

TRENDING THREADS