• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Which WT team will win last this year

Which WT team will win last this year

• Trek

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
All

I always enjoy this thread, so thought about starting it now. I think Ag2r, no Sprinter and GC boys are not targetting early season

Pat

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Roude Leiw said:
All

I always enjoy this thread, so thought about starting it now. I think Ag2r, no Sprinter and GC boys are not targetting early season

Pat

Probably, the other option could be IAM, but Pelucchi could be the game changer. Lampre has Ulissi returning in March, Rui Costa for the hilly classics, one week races and the TdF, Modolo, Ferrari and Bonifazio for the sprints and Serpa and Niemiec should also be able to do something as stagehunters in 2 GTs.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Mayomaniac said:
Probably, the other option could be IAM, but Pelucchi could be the game changer. Lampre has Ulissi returning in March, Rui Costa for the hilly classics, one week races and the TdF, Modolo, Ferrari and Bonifazio for the sprints and Serpa and Niemiec should also be able to do something as stagehunters in 2 GTs.

Well pelucchi already scored, as did Lotto.

I think Ag2r will be fine. Peraud, Bardet and Pozzovivo will pick up enough points by themselves (unless they all decide to only ride the Tour). Then they've got other wild cards like Betancur, Bakelants, Riblon etc.. who will probably earn a few more.

I reckon FDJ could come last. Take out the points that Pinot and Bouhanni got them and they would have possibly come bottom last year. Pinot will struggle to get awyhere near as many if he focuses on the Tour again and I'm not convinced the Demare will pick up enough - unless he just targets the relatively minor WT events.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
shalgo said:
The title is very confusing--one plausible reading is "which WT team will score the fewest points this year," (ie, finish last in the WT rankings) although I believe that the OP means "which WT team will be the last to win a race this year."

Correct, which team will win a race last, sorry, i am not a native english speaker

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Done, so BMC, Quick Step, IAM, Lotto (Belgium), movistar and Sky have all won a race so far.

Tough pick with plenty of strong sprinters spread out pretty evenly. I think it will come down to Ag2r, FDJ, Cannondale and maybe Lotto or Trek as well. I could see Astana being without a win for a little while with Nibs and Aru focusing on the GT's, but don't think they'll be last.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Trek is also always a good bet. They have no top sprinter and Nizzolo is completely out of shape. Cancellara doesn't win prologues anymore either

TRENDING THREADS