• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

WHITE handlebar tape

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
FIZIK you can take it off and wash it then put it back I have had it for 2 years now its polyurathane with small holes grip is not bad .But it lasts quick wipe with dish wash water and clean again.

A

Anonymous

RDV4ROUBAIX said:
The basic Bike Ribbon white. Not the cork, it's like a fake leather padded tape, been around forever. You can clean it with Windex or whatever solution when it gets dirty.

Great question, all handlebar tape should be white!

I agree with RDV4 above about the Bike Ribbon, I have found Dawn dish detergent to be the best at cleaning it, better than Windex or Simple Green, etc.

Dawn and a little nail brush.

The other white tape that works well, and stays clean is the Handlebra leather tape.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
brianf7 said:
FIZIK you can take it off and wash it then put it back I have had it for 2 years now its polyurathane with small holes grip is not bad .But it lasts quick wipe with dish wash water and clean again.

I like the Fi'zi:k tape too, currently using the Micotex Dual. But, how in the world do you remove your tape without ripping the adhesive off?

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Titan, I used to roll the Stella tape and it's very nice. The main difference is the Stella is a rubberized grippy feel, and the Fi'zi:k tape is a velvety suede-like feel. Both are great. I do like the extra padding of the Fi'zi:k dual.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Tried the Stella Azzura stitched, which I like alot in black, but it didn't stay white more then a couple weeks. Also used Lizard Skins in white which lasted much longer color wise despite it's sticky texture.
The HandleBra product looks enticing but not for $75+. The Fizik tape is available many places, gonna give it a try. Can't find the old Bike Ribbon product, found something like it on eBay and will use it when the Fizik wears out.
thanks for all your comments..now back to ride recovery and managing my Tour de France fantasy teams.