• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who are the best/worst bike handlers in the peloton?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I'd say Nibali, judging by his excellent descending skills and that moment early in last years Tour where he stopped for a flat tyre or something and ended up dropping his domestiques on the chase back to the peloton, dodging through team cars.

Alphabet said:
I'd say Nibali, judging by his excellent descending skills and that moment early in last years Tour where he stopped for a flat tyre or something and ended up dropping his domestiques on the chase back to the peloton, dodging through team cars.
He's one of the best in the business. But Sagan, right now, is untouchable.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mate.

EDIT: a nice half-hour spent there. Really impressive by both; surprised Laurens Ten Dam managed to stay on his bike.

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Cavedish stage 13 in the giro 2012 was pretty impressive when he nearly got knocked into the barriers mid sprint.
Froome's pretty bad or at least looks bad

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
froome looks bad on the bike. Not sure if he is a bad bike handler though. Both he and gesink look like they're about to collapse from fatigue on the bike!

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
froome looks bad on the bike. Not sure if he is a bad bike handler though. Both he and gesink look like they're about to collapse from fatigue on the bike!

Froome, Gesink and the Schlecks are just the absolute worst shape, too. Tall and skinny means the centre of gravity is so much high than for a stockier guy like Contador or Nibali.

burning said:
Vantournout was pretty bad on that occasion as well, but I think he would still lose regardless of that incident

As if I were talking about one particular occasion ...

But well, a board with 15 threads on Bore on page 1 in early February is certainly not a place where I can be understood.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
gruppeto993 said:
The title is self explanatory. List the best/worst bike handlers in the peloton.
Sagan, Cancellara, Gilbert are amongst the best.
Menchov, Schlecks, Gesink amongst the worst?

Sagan, Canc. For sure. Actually, I think you hit it pretty well there. I tend not to pay too much attention to the guys who are doing bad - but a sprinter or couple of guys crossing wheels in the last 500 come to mind. Just no names with the picture!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
from some riders themselves including kroon they say jj haedo is the best bike handler they've ever seen

from which country is haedo again? Region is enough to get this, right? :D

Miburo said:
from which country is haedo again? Region is enough to get this, right? :D
Haedo is Argentine. For the record, he is actually a pretty good bike handler. Try and follow him in the last km of a sprint, he moves up through the bunch - often alone - quickly and relatively risk free only to appear at the end.

As far as worst bike handler goes I used to say if you were dressed in orange and not named Sanchez then you were in the running for that title. Then Rabobank pulled its sponsorship...

TRENDING THREADS