• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who Finishes 3rd

Who Finishes 3rd

• Fränk Schleck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
3. Fränk Schleck
4. Wiggins
5. Klöden
6. Lance
7. Nibali
8. Vande Velde
9. Le Mevel
10. Astarloza

Klöden might be 6th and Lance 5th if Klöden ends up draggin Lance up. Vande Velde may have to give up top 10 if he buries himself for Wiggins who has a shot at the podium.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
If LA had any decency, he would help Kloden to a podium spot. It would be a fitting thank you for hauling a tired 38-year-old a$$ up the Verbier. But as I said, it requires decency, so it won't happen. My money is on Frank. By the way, Nibali still has an outside chance as well. For him to make up 2' on the Ventoux is a slight possibility.

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Frank will probably take it.

It will be very interesting how Astana rides. Surely AC won't be foolish enough to attack again? Will he help AK or LA? I see Andy trying to ride more for Frank then try to take on AC.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I think Fränk Schleck will take it. Ventoux is going to be a very interesting stage with so many people fighting for the final podium spot.

mambo#5 said:
AC will help the Schelcks into 2nd and 3rd by attacking his own teammates up Mt. Ventoux.

I don't think Contador will have to help at all; The Brothers Schleck have proven themselves capable of dropping everyone else on their own. Contador will just follow when it happens, and, since it's the last chance, the pace will be too high for Kloden to go with them.

So. Frank takes third overall and Kloden, Amrstrong, Wiggins, and Nibali come to the line together. Maybe Armstrong puts in an attack towards the end to try to limit his losses.

A

Anonymous

After reading what Armstrong just said about Contador, I am the biggest Frank Schleck fan on the planet. I wish I had some packed cells doused with EPO and crack that I could send him. I hope he drops the Uniballer at the bottom and puts 20 minutes into that classless punk.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
After reading what Armstrong just said about Contador, I am the biggest Frank Schleck fan on the planet. I wish I had some packed cells doused with EPO and crack that I could send him. I hope he drops the Uniballer at the bottom and puts 20 minutes into that classless punk.

Link please. I actually worked today so I am way behind in the news. Havent ecen watched today's stage yet.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
I think it will be Frankie. Obviosly he's stronger than Klodi or LA on steep climbs as mont ventoux. Andy will help him. Much depends on AC but I can't imagine Conta carrying AK or LA because it's improbable veterans will be able to hold Schleck brothers' tempo and Contador dont want to give a stage win to anyone...

TRENDING THREADS