• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who gets tossed under the bus?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I just don't think is anybody to be "tossed under the bus" other than LA & Hog. The single intent from to silence anyone involved in the case willing to speak out is the shortest path to make the bomb go off--even if they somehow find a way to do it- they're even exposing themselves to be not trust worthy of any mutual cooperation. Someone mentioned Big George-which by any rationale- is crazy to think of him being the lamb to be sacrificed, but in a survival scenario, I have no doubt in my mind they'll sacrifice as many as they must to & go through any means to get themselves a fair deal--but again- what is going to be accomplished by LA/Hog to put down Hincapie, when the whole world knows that all fingers are pointing at them?...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
if George goes down, the the entire fanbase will realize that if their favorite current pro was up to his neck, then why are we picking on Armstrong and Hog.

Choose the current darling and universal favorite. Hope the public sees the sport as a corrupt cesspool and Hog and Armstrong were only playing by the rules the sport set.

DOn't know if anyone is really going to be thrown under the bus. There is probably enough evidence and testimony that all the rats are squealing on each other. They will all be hurt to the extent of their popularity. So LA and JB hurt the most, as well they should. They orchestrated the whole charade.
The feds have bigger fish to fry though. As runninboy brought up about the drug supply. Amgen, the sycophant investors? Hmmm. Will be interesting for sure.

blackcat said:
if George goes down, the the entire fanbase will realize that if their favorite current pro was up to his neck, then why are we picking on Armstrong and Hog.

Choose the current darling and universal favorite. Hope the public sees the sport as a corrupt cesspool and Hog and Armstrong were only playing by the rules the sport set.

IMO that is what he was doing a few days ago when he gave an interview where he was saying that cyclists dope because of the demands of the sport - at the same time saying cycling is so very tough on dopers.

My guess is that he will blame the 'Europeans' ie when I came into cycling it was clear that you had to dope to win. Look at Ullrich, Pantani, Riis, all dopers.

He may even blame his cancer on doping, and then switch the whole debate back to being about cancer.

This is why all he wants to talk about is his 5 kids (obviously wanting to become the father of a nation) and cancer.

This way he appeals to the USA-USA-USA crowd - and he shifts the blame onto others. He throws others, and cycling (as a sport) under the bus and he makes himself the victim.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
IMO that is what he was doing a few days ago when he gave an interview where he was saying that cyclists dope because of the demands of the sport - at the same time saying cycling is so very tough on dopers.

My guess is that he will blame the 'Europeans' ie when I came into cycling it was clear that you had to dope to win. Look at Ullrich, Pantani, Riis, all dopers.

He may even blame his cancer on doping, and then switch the whole debate back to being about cancer.

This is why all he wants to talk about is his 5 kids (obviously wanting to become the father of a nation) and cancer.

This way he appeals to the USA-USA-USA crowd - and he shifts the blame onto others. He throws others, and cycling (as a sport) under the bus and he makes himself the victim.

this will probably be the outcome that the media, public and more importantly his sponsors will love and want.....but it all depends who suffers for this to allow uniballer come out as the victim and get away with it.

too many people would have to take the wrap in order for uniballer to be allowed be seen as the victim. too many allegations about him being a boss in it all, organising the doping within the team etc...

If he has to throw cycling as a sport under the bus to protect Lance Armstrong the business, then he will.

If that means ****ing on the UCI, his team-mates, Hog etc then so be it.

He is trying to get people to think of him as Lance Armstrong 'Cancer survivor and fundraiser' rather than Lance Armstrong 'cyclist'.

I am sure a tearful interview on Oprah will be along soon enough. Him, his 25 children, his mother, his girlfriend who looks like his mother.

Lance Armstrong poor boy made good, corrupted by evil Europeans, suffers cancer because of them, but comes back and defeats cancer.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
If he has to throw cycling as a sport under the bus to protect Lance Armstrong the business, then he will.

He is trying to get people to think of him as Lance Armstrong 'Cancer survivor and fundraiser' rather than Lance Armstrong 'cyclist'.

I am sure a tearful interview on Oprah will be along soon enough. Him, his 25 children, his mother, his girlfriend who looks like his mother.

Lance Armstrong poor boy made good, corrupted by evil Europeans, suffers cancer because of them, but comes back and defeats cancer.

now your sucking diesel...:D

i think your right he is gonna try and leave cycling lying bleeding in the middle of the road like a lump of road kill while he does his marathons and triathlons, if he can before the feds get him, and distance the cycling and become a 'sports star'...

Oprah is stopping her show so that might be the spanner in the works:D

Mrs John Murphy said:

Pretty sure Lancey-poo doesn't do tearful.

More of a take no survivors kind of guy.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Wonderboy and the Hog have been collecting secrets for years. Riders, Directors, internet posters..... Now that it is hitting the fan who will they toss to the wolves first? They will make an example of someone as a message to the others to shut up.

My money is on a Director and maybe a rider.

please let it be Chris Carmichael

A

Anonymous

Mrs John Murphy said:

You been talking to the Fabricator?

This is crazy enough to be a great "final solution" strategy.

Wonderful effing world we live in, eh?

A

Anonymous

I do wonder if there will come a point where Mark Fabiani thinks to himself, "im onto a loser here, sod it, im out"

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What happens if Lance and Wiesel are wrestling to toss the other under the bus and they slip & fall - and both get squished by the bus? Bump Splat.

Sadly, 2 weeks or so later, no one will even care.

Just another cyclist/bus fatality.
"Damn cyclists really need to watch where they are going"

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
What happens if Lance and Wiesel are wrestling to toss the other under the bus and they slip & fall - and both get squished by the bus? Bump Splat.

Sadly, 2 weeks or so later, no one will even care.

Just another cyclist/bus fatality.
"Damn cyclists really need to watch where they are going"

Well Lance should be ok - as we know he keeps some reserve blood in the bus.
But Wiesel could end up as roadkill.

TRENDING THREADS