• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who has attacked more in a Grand tour?

Who has attacked more in a Grand tour?

• R. Majka

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • L. Leipheimer.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • N. Quintana

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • H. Zubeldia

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Good old TJ!

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Very hard choice, all great riders who always try to entertain us fans by giving it their best effort and not caring about GC!

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Miburo said:
Very hard choice, all great riders who always try to entertain us fans by giving it their best effort and not caring about GC!

It requires a very special quality to attack to entertain fans and not care about the GC, while you're main goal in that particular race is that same GC

I didn't count breaks so I voted Quintana. I'm also not satisfied with the way he rode today and partly in the tour last year but he actually attacked quite a lot earlier in his career and was pretty aggressive as soon as he was clearly not the best like in the vuelta last year.

Gigs_98 said:
I didn't count breaks so I voted Quintana. I'm also not satisfied with the way he rode today and partly in the tour last year but he actually attacked quite a lot earlier in his career and was pretty aggressive as soon as he was clearly not the best like in the vuelta last year.
Of course it's absolute nonsense having both Quintana and Majka in this poll. Two riders who have attacked loads in GTs, despite both still being pretty young.
Let's just hope this kind of behaviour isn't going to continue for the next two weeks, or until whenever Contador is next racing.

Andy Schleck. Outside one crazy anomaly in 2011 he was the most entertaining and inteligent guy to cheer for. Once he tried to be a bit adventurous (maybe tried to do a Froome two days ago) but Gods rapidly reminded him it's:
Pantani Attacks said:
This is a stupid waste of energy by Froome
by throwing his chain.

Actually i see some similarities between the Schleck bros and Movi bros. Valve is to Nairo like Frank to Andy. The older one is a bit punchier and sometimes struggles on multi mountain stages while the second one is a born mountain goat who has the amazing skill of turning around his head back. Even they share the similar abnormality (Galibier '11 vs Stelvio '14). The diff here is that Valve is a bit older to Nairo than Frank was to Andy and soon Nairo will need to take care of himself. Still waiting when Nairo will verbally confirm his supposed TT prowess against fellow TT powerhouses (insert Froome as Evans here).

Of course this is a mockery post so don't treat it seriously. But it's still interesting that the commentators on (my native) Eurosport were questioning Nairo's decisions and tactics on yesterday's stage.