• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is/are your favorite user(s) on this forum?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tbh i like most of the guys who post everyday on the road section.

libertine, the hitch, D_T, T-L-R, the youngest, el pistolero, ACF, ryo . . .

its true discussing cycling with this guys is always great even when we are bit harsher on each other.

i barely ever post in the clinic and only read it when something big happens so i don't know much about people who mostly post there

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
tbh i like most of the guys who post everyday on the road section.

libertine, the hitch, D_T, T-L-R, the youngest, el pistolero, ACF, ryo . . .

its true discussing cycling with this guys is always great even when we are bit harsher on each other.

i barely ever post in the clinic and only read it when something big happens so i don't know much about people who mostly post there

I agree. I like arguing and jesting with most of the regulars. Sometimes it gets heated, but hey, what is life without a little anger :p
Heck even jens_attacks token pro-doping comment is a must :D

There has been some good new comers in the last half year also :)

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Libertine is my favorite poster she always surprises me with her knowledge.Others are Hitch and theyoungest. Then its a tossup between D_T and TLR.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Libertine is my favorite poster she always surprises me with her knowledge.Others are Hitch and theyoungest. Then its a tossup between D_T and TLR.

She is a girl?
I never knew :eek:
I wonder who else is a girl that I didn't realize.

In terms of cycling knowledge I respect her and DT a lot.I tend to share their opinion on a lot of matters. Say what you will about DT pro-dutch(which is understandable anyway :p) he knows his stuff :) Same goes for ryo, he can annoy me, but he is very knowledgeable when it comes to cycling and especially s/America. Youngest also knows his $hit.

But I do really like most of the regulars here.

Thank you to the Dutchies for giving me some support even though I spend most of my time trolling them:p

This thread would have a shorter lifespan but be more epic in the Road or at least General sections, seeing as a lot of the top posters dont visit here.

There is afterall a Polish RR thread in the clinic.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
This thread would have a shorter lifespan but be more epic in the Road or at least General sections, seeing as a lot of the top posters dont visit here.

I originally started this thread in the general section, but one way or the othe it got moved to this distant corner of the universe.

craig1985 said:
No votes for me :cool:

Well you are popular enough to have your B Day announced on the General news section;)

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=555137&postcount=2391

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
She is a girl?
I never knew :eek:.
LS refuses to reveal anything about his identity, location, appearance etc other than the fact that he was born after some car driver died who died in the 80's so must be under 30.

boomcie said:
I originally started this thread in the general section, but one way or the othe it got moved to this distant corner of the universe.

Should be reconsidered.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
That was me back when I did mod stuff. Call me crazy, but is this thread more about general road cycling or about the forum? I still think this was yet another of my brilliant and insightful decisions.

pedaling squares said:
That was me back when I did mod stuff. Call me crazy, but is this thread more about general road cycling or about the forum? I still think this was yet another of my brilliant and insightful decisions.
In my opinion, this isn't about the forum per se, it's about the people posting here. The mods could send it to the Cafe just fine.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
isso doesn't post her as much, and I always thought he was a good poster. I honestly had trouble thinking that he is Portuguese given how good his English is, same with hrotha, for some reason I don't think he's Spanish for the same reason. Libertine has been great when it comes to language as I really hate getting people's names wrong, and don;t get me started on the Polish language.

craig1985 said:
isso doesn't post her as much, and I always thought he was a good poster. I honestly had trouble thinking that he is Portuguese given how good his English is, same with hrotha, for some reason I don't think he's Spanish for the same reason. Libertine has been great when it comes to language as I really hate getting people's names wrong, and don;t get me started on the Polish language.

+1

Isso was an awesome poster. Full quality in every sentence and never says something if its not correct.

And as great as LS is at languages I dont think he speaks Polish.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Yeah, I always pay attention to posts by those members, good material and well stated. Same with pmcg76, kiwirider, and elapid, another guy who isn't around here much these days. I liked the artist formerly known as BroDeal's posts too - usually very informative, often very caustic, and never boring. His thread titles alone were worth logging in.

pedaling squares said:
Yeah, I always pay attention to posts by those members, good material and well stated. Same with pmcg76, kiwirider, and elapid, another guy who isn't around here much these days. I liked the artist formerly known as BroDeal's posts too - usually very informative, often very caustic, and never boring. His thread titles alone were worth logging in.

Skip Madness is another awesome poster who rarely appears.

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:

Elapid's cool. I think he's an oncologist. I hope I helped him in some small way become infatuated with fine Belgian beer... which is a very worthwhile endeavour.:D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Elapid's cool. I think he's an oncologist. I hope I helped him in some small way become infatuated with fine Belgian beer... which is a very worthwhile endeavour.:D
You and L'Arriviste helped more than one member acquire said infatuation. In fact, you both have places of honour on the favourite member list!

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
You and L'Arriviste helped more than one member acquire said infatuation. In fact, you both have places of honour on the favourite member list!

Well I'll drink to that. Cheers!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

isso was an excellent poster, bala was too when he posted more regular. Hasn't been the case in the last + year.

also ak-zaaf is good poster.

Regarding this thread, I was once a member at a different forum (not cycling related) and this thing got out of hand and was pretty nasty, but to be fair that was the general attitude of that forum :D

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
isso was an excellent poster, bala was too when he posted more regular. Hasn't been the case in the last + year.

Regarding this thread, I was once a member at a different forum (not cycling related) and this thing got out of hand and was pretty nasty, but to be fair that was the general attitude of that forum :D

TBF it's not like we have a "Who is the biggest **** on here?", or "Who is the worst poster?". I respect jens_attacks' couldn't give two ****s attitude as to whether or not a rider dopes or not, at least he is honest I guess.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
TBF it's not like we have a "Who is the biggest **** on here?", or "Who is the worst poster?". I respect jens_attacks' couldn't give two ****s attitude as to whether or not a rider dopes or not, at least he is honest I guess.

Oh we had one...for about 5 minutes iirc.

That thread didn't survive for obvious reasons.

FWIW I have a lots of favs and very few that truly bother me. I'll even throw a bone at Chris E cuz he's more times than not, a great antagonist.

Same can be said for TFF and Bro_Deal...never a dull moment when either of them get going.

And extra plus for elapid, bala, L'arrivste, his hitchness, LS, etc. I've learned boat loads from all of them. :)