• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is Armstrong?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
I thought this thread was going to be on a much more conceptual level. Not just whanking on about whether a bitter old doper is posting on the forums we hang out on!

Who is Armstrong on a psychological level would be a more interesting type of question to debate.

Personally I'm mildly disappointed it didn't trigger a Spartacus-esque chain of confessions, but not surprised.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong couldn't belong to a forum.

For on his twitter the moment someone dares to criticise him, he blocks them from following. He run a full media boycott during the Giro. He broadcasts the names of people who email criticisms.

All this in just nine months of his come back, I'm not talking about blacklisting journalists and empty threats of legal action against critics that we saw in the past.

In other words, if anyone upsets him he starts bawling like a brat and takes away his toys. He wouldn't last five minutes on this forum before blocking everyone and returning to his business, sorry charity, foundation where he can ensure he's surrounded by people who only say yes.

Long live free and open speech!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
If not for Armstrong this cycling forum would be threadbare. Armstrong is the biggest thing in cycling and most contributors here feed into the mad craze like a bunch of slop happy hogs. And perhaps--as someone noted--Lancenews, or some such moniker, is a good title for the forum.

Sheltowee said:
If not for Armstrong this cycling forum would be threadbare. Armstrong is the biggest thing in cycling and most contributors here feed into the mad craze like a bunch of slop happy hogs. And perhaps--as someone noted--Lancenews, or some such moniker, is a good title for the forum.

correct.

A

Anonymous

franciep10 said:
Belokki it's got to be him, plus as bro deal says the grammar definently sounds like him.

belokki? Now, I may not like Mr Armstrong, but he isn't THAT stupid. belokki has to think "breathe""breathe""breathe""breathe" (type 2-3 words) "breathe""breathe""breathe""breathe"

Stani Kléber said:
Armstrong couldn't belong to a forum.

For on his twitter the moment someone dares to criticise him, he blocks them from following. He run a full media boycott during the Giro. He broadcasts the names of people who email criticisms.

All this in just nine months of his come back, I'm not talking about blacklisting journalists and empty threats of legal action against critics that we saw in the past.

In other words, if anyone upsets him he starts bawling like a brat and takes away his toys. He wouldn't last five minutes on this forum before blocking everyone and returning to his business, sorry charity, foundation where he can ensure he's surrounded by people who only say yes.

Long live free and open speech!

It is pretty hard to refute this argument.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
belokki? Now, I may not like Mr Armstrong, but he isn't THAT stupid. belokki has to think "breathe""breathe""breathe""breathe" (type 2-3 words) "breathe""breathe""breathe""breathe"

It better than "****" "****" "****" (type 2-3 words) "****""****""****""****" like some haters in this forum;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

It better than "w.a.n.k" "w.a.n.k" "w.a.n.k" (type 2-3 words) "w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k" like some haters in this forum;)

A

Anonymous

Belokki said:
It better than "w.a.n.k" "w.a.n.k" "w.a.n.k" (type 2-3 words) "w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k""w.a.n.k" like some haters in this forum;)

I'll bet you almost passed out typing that.

Belokki said:

Hold it. **** is also censored.

EDIT: Yup. I guess it is. Frakin forum for five year olds. I still cannot believe the word b-utt is censored. I swear, it is like I discover a new censored word every couple of days.

A

Anonymous

George Carlin

****, ****, ****, ****, beautiful being, Mother****er and Tits.

A

Anonymous

Wow, well, I guess if you want to swear, "beautiful being" and "tits" are your choices.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Can you tell someone to go and pluck dangleberries from their grandmother's shrub?

ETA: yes you can. So guys, the lesson here is: get creative!

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
ETA: yes you can. So guys, the lesson here is: get creative!

It always has been. You can always say more using creativity than cuss words, heck you can make more people take offense with creativity than a cuss word.

ElChingon said:
It always has been. You can always say more using creativity than cuss words, heck you can make more people take offense with creativity than a cuss word.

This goes beyond trying to offend people. You cannot even use common phrases like "kicking b-utt" or "p!ssed off" or "ch!nk in his armor." I think the admin must have a b-utt fetish because pretty much every term for a person's bottom is censored. Are australians sensitive about b-utts or something?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This goes beyond trying to offend people. You cannot even use common phrases like "kicking b-utt" or "p!ssed off" or "ch!nk in his armor." I think the admin must have a b-utt fetish because pretty much every term for a person's bottom is censored. Are australians sensitive about b-utts or something?

I think they just want to keep it presentable but its been my discovery the censored words only leads to much worse statements being posted that make the cuss words look good.

Than again as you've posted its easy to circumvent their weak censorship means and get the word across rather easily.

Test: Flick the shifter lever.

TRENDING THREADS