• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the Bigger Idi0t?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is the bigger idiot?

• **** Pound

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 5, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Frank VDB just died from a blood clot that was very, very likely attributed to his past (or possibly current) doping. All of this happened under HV and PM's watch, while both said repeatedly over and over in the last decade that they were doing all they could to stop doping, and were turning the corner, and the sport was pretty much clean. So, do you still believe in what you wrote above?

1. According to every newspaper I have looked at, it is not yet known what VDB died from. What you are saying is entirely speculative.

2. What are you suggesting the gentlemen in question should have done differently? Do you even know any of the people concerned?

So now that this poll is closed, and after a heated race where the lead changed hands between our 2 frontrunners several times, the winner is Paddy McQuack! The "second place is the first loser" award goes to Heinze the ketchup man, with the podium rounded off by the Dickster!

A

Anonymous

i thought the options where going to be forum members.. :D

dissapointed to see I wasnt on there.. ;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Who was responsible for the 'You can dope up to 50%' rule when they couldn't find EPO yet?
I think it was Verbruggen. That was basically legalizing doping.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I find it annoying that Bordry got 5 votes as he is the only one actually catching dopers. Also that John (gee it's great to have Lance back and racing clean) Fahey got no votes.

Edit: Although to be sure the right 3 made the podium.

I was a bit surprised that Pound made the podium. He likes to see himself in the media spotlight, no question. But he is one of the few people who stands up and calls a doper a doper. Even years ago when he might have had a shot at the IOC chief's desk, had he been more subdued, he kept on calling it like he saw it. I prefer a blowhard who calls out the cheats to the men who protect the rider and critique the process until all doubt has been removed. In fact, the only time I've been critical of Pound was when he chastised Becky Scott for calling her competitors dopers. Positive tests proved her right.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
I was a bit surprised that Pound made the podium. He likes to see himself in the media spotlight, no question. But he is one of the few people who stands up and calls a doper a doper. Even years ago when he might have had a shot at the IOC chief's desk, had he been more subdued, he kept on calling it like he saw it. I prefer a blowhard who calls out the cheats to the men who protect the rider and critique the process until all doubt has been removed. In fact, the only time I've been critical of Pound was when he chastised Becky Scott for calling her competitors dopers. Positive tests proved her right.

Good point. What has Pound ever said that did not turn out to be correct?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:

I would agree on many levels. The problem with calling them idiots is they all know exactly what they're doing and why-MONEY. Pound wants to be the well funded Inquisitor and everyone else just wants to keep getting their cut.

TRENDING THREADS