• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the most passionate Lance fan?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who deserves the title?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I think WBT got banned for those posts about the LAF's accounting. It seems like they were his last posts. Too bad, he was always good for a laugh. He has written some fake articles that were priceless.

Why would you get banned for writing about the LAF accounting issues? I don't get it. WBT and I went at it a couple of times...but I really liked having him around. Same for TFF...just a lot of fun. I know that the mods come in and spew venom any time someone talks about LA and his private life? Why I don't know...

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
I would have thought 95rpm deserved a spot on the starting lineup. What about CarbonCrank??

It seems Bobby Drivel and BYU have literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Dennis Norward?? Only seen him on BikeRadar???

Some of us spend more time training/racing (Leadville 100) than setting posting records. Wish me luck, boys and girls.

"Bobby"

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If the question was "who cares about lance the most?" i would say thoughforfood without a doubt. of course it's in a negative way, but it's still the strongest obsession on this board.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ilillillli said:
If the question was "who cares about lance the most?" i would say thoughforfood without a doubt. of course it's in a negative way, but it's still the strongest obsession on this board.

I dont like using either of the 'terms' that posters call the others on the opposite side of the LA debate.

But a few weeks ago a guy claiming to be a shrink said he was observing all the posters and that he had a 'student' writing a thesis on behaviour in a forum! Unfortunatley this shrink was being less than objective in his analysis as he was clearly on one side.

However he gave me one of the best laughs on this forum by saing that in his medical opinion TFF would be known as a "reverse fanboy".

So remember "ilillillli" every word you write there is someone carefully analysing it - be afraid!

El Imbatido said:
The jedi warriors Luke skywalker (TTF), Han Solo (Alpe d'huez), Yoda (Bigboat) and the black guy played by Samuel L Jackson(Brodeal) set in motion a scheme to...

"I've had it with these mutherf*ckin snakes on this mutherf*ckin plane!"

samuel_jackson%20Snakes%20on%20a%20Plane.jpg

Digger said:
Was Jack the guy who said he was crying and shaking at the computer whilst typing because someone close to him had died?

That was Jack. It was also BS. He was getting his butt kicked in an argument, so he tried playing the sympathy card. I did not let him get away with it. Actually, I think he tried it twice.

Digger said:
I got banned by Coolhand also because I got so sick of the bulls&&& of him banning the only people who actually knew what they were talking about....

I used to post there as Under ACrookedSky...

Blackcat said he is trying to get BigPinkt to start posting here. We need that dude.

A

Anonymous

Dr. Maserati said:
However he gave me one of the best laughs on this forum by saing that in his medical opinion TFF would be known as a "reverse fanboy".

I did the "reverse fanboy" with my wife, and she loved it!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
"I've had it with these mutherf*ckin snakes on this mutherf*ckin plane!"

samuel_jackson%20Snakes%20on%20a%20Plane.jpg

That was Jack. It was also BS. He was getting his butt kicked in an argument, so he tried playing the sympathy card. I did not let him get away with it. Actually, I think he tried it twice.

I used to post there as Under ACrookedSky...

Blackcat said he is trying to get BigPinkt to start posting here. We need that dude.

I got into a big tiff with jack... He sent me private messages..the whole nine yards. Some of the slackazzes on the board told me to stfu when I made it public. Glad he is gone...he deserved it...too many selfrightous baloon knots on these boards!!!

TRDean said:
I got into a big tiff with jack... He sent me private messages..the whole nine yards. Some of the slackazzes on the board told me to stfu when I made it public. Glad he is gone...he deserved it...too many selfrightous baloon knots on these boards!!!

I still have some of the PMs that he sent me. Aside from offering to fight me, he vowed to reply to all my posts, bad mouthing me; so I decided that if it was on then it was on, and I let him have it at every opportunity.

His problem was that he had very little wit. Even his insults were unimaginative and uninteresting.

I think the whole Jack incident probably set a bad tone for the forum.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I still have some of the PMs that he sent me. Aside from offering to fight me, he vowed to reply to all my posts, bad mouthing me; so I decided that if it was on then it was on, and I let him have it at every opportunity.

His problem was that he had very little wit. Even his insults were unimaginative and uninteresting.

I think the whole Jack incident probably set a bad tone for the forum.

I agree Bro..that is exactly when the boards went down hill. Seem to be getting better now.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site

But the winner, the one the only: Jackhammer111

This man has the honour of being banned at both cyclingnews and Bike radar forums although on bike radar he came back with a slighly less conspicuous forum name after he was banned the first time: Jackhammer11:D

And that my friends is the legendary story of Jackhammer111

*Note: Parts of this story are not completely true and many parts may have been exaggerated*[/QUOTE]

Very Clever :D

On this RBR tangent, I just heard that lookrider got banned by Coolhand. He sent me a PM on CF but his account is denying PMs, so I cannot ask him to come here.

What is the story with Jackhammer getting banned from Bike Radar?

A user with the name Jackhammer111 began posting to CF, but I am not sure it is the same guy. He writes using paragraphs. I thought it was rather funny that he would show up there because that forum is no holds barred.

On other foums we use an "Other Forum Follies" thread to post this kind of stuff. Maybe we should start one in the general forum. "Foreign Forum Follies" has nice alliteration...

BroDeal said:
On this RBR tangent, I just heard that lookrider got banned by Coolhand. He sent me a PM on CF but his account is denying PMs, so I cannot ask him to come here.

What is the story with Jackhammer getting banned from Bike Radar?

A user with the name Jackhammer111 began posting to CF, but I am not sure it is the same guy. He writes using paragraphs. I thought it was rather funny that he would show up there because that forum is no holds barred.

On other foums we use an "Other Forum Follies" thread to post this kind of stuff. Maybe we should start one in the general forum. "Foreign Forum Follies" has nice alliteration...

Lookrider is cool, would be a good addition to the forum here...Coolhand pi**** me off so much though....

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Wouldnt be surprised if WBT got banned...
I think he did.
...very few of the Lance fans have stuck around for long.
I think that more than anything is what defines a 'fanboy', irrespective of who they follow.
...Benpounder...who dont like the hate but dont seem like fanboys.
Damnit, I am a boy who is a devoted fan... of Levi Leipheimer.:D If you cared to look back, you will find me predicting Levi winning the Giro. in hindsight, hoping would have been a better word.:eek:
I noticed a few older posters have dissappeared or been quieter over the last month or maybe they were less noticeable due to all the 3 week posters.
Bingo! That and some of us need a break, just like the pro peloton, after the Tour.

There is a few ideas that Lance fans throw out that really get me irked:

Lance is the greatest cyclist ever,
Lance never tested positive and is thus 100% clean,
Lance is the saviour of the sport,
The Tour is more exciting with Lance,
Lance brought lots of sponsors to the sport,
All great champions are jerks, not just Lance,
The French are out to get Lance,
Lance is a good team-mate,
Lance does not manipulate media opinion,
Lance was right to do what he done to Simeoni,
Everyone should respect Lance cos he won the Tour 7 times,
Everyone who doesnt like Lance is a hater,
We are just no-hope racers who are jealous of his success.

Sorry, but Lance has brought lots of sponsors on board, many of the past champions are jerks, and L'Equipe (not the French folks) has tried to smear Lance.

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Lookrider is cool, would be a good addition to the forum here...Coolhand pi**** me off so much though....

Coolhand......divorced, midget, masters racer. Takes out his loserdom on anyone who doesn't agree with him. I see him on a few of the technical boards getting in fights. Sometimes I felt sorry for him because he was so clueless, but then he would be a D*ck. The founder of the site is a total Fred.....you know those guys who you see climbing at 3 mph with a helmet mirror? Francois.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Robert Merivel said:
Originally Posted by unsheath:
I would have thought 95rpm deserved a spot on the starting lineup. What about CarbonCrank??

It seems Bobby Drivel and BYU have literally disappeared off the face of the earth.

Some of us spend more time training/racing (Leadville 100) than setting posting records. Wish me luck, boys and girls.

"Bobby"
There are very few posters here whom seriously dislike. Primarily those who go after the person behind arbitrary screen names. But they are only screennames. Using petty knock-offs of another's screen name reflects more poorly of one own's intellectual integrity.

Good luck Robert. I hope most here will have the opportunity to ride above 10,000 feet for 100 miles.

Eva Maria said:
Coolhand......divorced, midget, masters racer. Takes out his loserdom on anyone who doesn't agree with him. I see him on a few of the technical boards getting in fights. Sometimes I felt sorry for him because he was so clueless, but then he would be a D*ck. The founder of the site is a total Fred.....you know those guys who you see climbing at 3 mph with a helmet mirror? Francois.

:D Coolhand always struck me as being a nerd who was never good at anything in his life, but found cycling late on (circa '99, and enjoys it as a hobby (he imagines himself to be Lance when cycling), has no friends or girlfriend, knows very little about the sport outside of Lance and a little bit about Lemond, and would like to have Lance's children if that were possible...

TRENDING THREADS