• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the most passionate Lance fan?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who deserves the title?

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Eva Maria said:
Coolhand......divorced, midget, masters racer. Takes out his loserdom on anyone who doesn't agree with him. I see him on a few of the technical boards getting in fights. Sometimes I felt sorry for him because he was so clueless, but then he would be a D*ck. The founder of the site is a total Fred.....you know those guys who you see climbing at 3 mph with a helmet mirror? Francois.

Okay, we definitely need a "Foreign Forum Follies" thread in the general just so I can keep up with this stuff. After I got banned at RBR, I tried using the "contact us" info for both RBR and the parent company to complain about my treatment, which I felt was unfair. I thought that maybe Francois would help me out. I never got a response.

It was more fun to bag on other forums when The Paceline was up and The Daily Peloton was a fanboy joke. I was given some choice info about ChrisH...which reminds me that ChrisH should have been in the poll. What a tool.

A

Anonymous

indurain666 said:
Yeah, ScottsoCal and 95 rpm are pretty dense fanboys...they deserve a honorable mention :D

But I really want to be a reverse fanboy. Or learn the reverse fanboy?!. BTW, TFF is that a position or a maneuver? Do you have that up on youtube yet?

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Okay, we definitely need a "Foreign Forum Follies" thread in the general just so I can keep up with this stuff. After I got banned at RBR, I tried using the "contact us" info for both RBR and the parent company to complain about my treatment, which I felt was unfair. I thought that maybe Francois would help me out. I never got a response.

It was more fun to bag on other forums when The Paceline was up and The Daily Peloton was a fanboy joke. I was given some choice info about ChrisH...which reminds me that ChrisH should have been in the poll. What a tool.

OK, you gotta' PM me that info because I detest that little punk. Hey, did you see that RTT is no longer a moderator there?

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
But I really want to be a reverse fanboy. Or learn the reverse fanboy?!. BTW, TFF is that a position or a maneuver? Do you have that up on youtube yet?

Its a position, but you can maneuver into it from other positions like the rusty trombone, or the Cleveland Steamer.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Its a position, but you can maneuver into it from other positions like the rusty trombone, or the Cleveland Steamer.

My poor wife has no idea of what's about to happen to her...

BTW, if I'm accepted as a reverse fanboy where do I send the friendship payments?

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
My poor wife has no idea of what's about to happen to her...

Hilarious!

Scott SoCal said:
BTW, if I'm accepted as a reverse fanboy where do I send the friendship payments?

Filoppo Simeoni

Thoughtforfood said:
OK, you gotta' PM me that info because I detest that little punk. Hey, did you see that RTT is no longer a moderator there?

Let me guess. Diluca's positive made her snap and she went into a banning spree against all those who have pointed out the obvious about him in the past?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

Doesn't the rusty trombone involve a reach-around? I'm not sure it's worth the pain. That, or I don't want pictures of your wife.

A

Anonymous

Oldman said:
Doesn't the rusty trombone involve a reach-around? I'm not sure it's worth the pain. That, or I don't want pictures of your wife.

There is nothing in the instructions that say the trombone player has to be a man...

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

HaHa there is a Sal and Richard(the phony phone call guys from the Howard Stern show) clip on youtube where they are sitting in an airport, bored out of their mind waiting on a plane, so they start effing with the public announcer at the airport. They get him to page Cleveland Steamer over the intercom system. Funny sh!t.

If you guys want some laughs do a search on youtube for Sal and Richard public access. they make some classic phony phone calls. I think I spent an entire day listenting to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC76JQnmpvs

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
95er

95rpm is a strange breed of Lanceaholic. When I suggested in a hypothetical argument that Lance would not wait for Bertie should the maillot jaune have a mechanical, he accused me of having a "dark cynicism bordering on pathetic."

Two posts later he called Lance a sociopath.

I suggest that our dear old 95er make the list on Lance's greatest fan thread and the greatest hater thread. It might be dark cynicism bordering on schizophrenia, but you gotta love the effort.

Digger said:
Lookrider is cool, would be a good addition to the forum here...Coolhand pi**** me off so much though....

Uh-oh. I tried to PM lookrider on CF to tell him a bunch of us were here on CN, but he has been banned there. I don't know what is up with that. You usually need Jackhammer-like or Flyer-like behavior to get banned on CF.

We need Dwayne Berry here too.

Bambi may have to be taken out of the running: She posted this to DPF:

"Everyone here knows I've been a huge fan, not only of Lance, but with the Teams run by JB too.
That bubble did burst during this Tour."

pedaling squares said:
95rpm is a strange breed of Lanceaholic. When I suggested in a hypothetical argument that Lance would not wait for Bertie should the maillot jaune have a mechanical, he accused me of having a "dark cynicism bordering on pathetic."

Two posts later he called Lance a sociopath.

I suggest that our dear old 95er make the list on Lance's greatest fan thread and the greatest hater thread. It might be dark cynicism bordering on schizophrenia, but you gotta love the effort.

Lance updated his Twitter:

Just back from a hard 4.5 hrs on the mtb. 2 flats. And now I have 2 flat legs too.

Ben Harper and the Relentless7 have a new video coming out. “Fly One Time” from their album White Lies For Dark Times. The video features clips of amazing footage depicting the highs and lows of life through the eyes of incredible athletes and humanitarians. Professional Cyclist Lance Armstrong (who is a personal friend of Harper), Pro-Big Wave Surfers Laird Hamilton and Dave Kallama, Pro-Skater Christian Hosoi, Sport Climber Lynn Hill, Tightrope Walker Nick Wallenda, Olympian Jesse Owens and spiritual leader, the Dalai Llama are all featured.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to drag up a dead thread but I want to change my vote. Not only is Lance kicking the a$$ of the French, dopers, and cancer but he is now saving the planet. Pro Tour all the way.

ProTour said:
I'll bet Lance has made more of a difference in the fight against global warming than Al Gore has. Think about it. Lance has motivated millions to get out and ride bicycles than would be riding had he not come back from cancer. Many of them are now regular commuters who don't drive their cars as often...or who ride a bike to the grocery store now instead of driving.

Lance has not only inspired millions of cancer patients, he has also lowered the carbon footprint of millions of regular people, including myself. Not a victory for Lance, but a big victory for mother earth which sustains us. And a victory for our children, for sure.

But some of these anti-Lance conspiracy-theorists in this forum probably don't even believe the science behind global warming, based on some of the careless attitudes and intellectual recklessness(this thread, for instance) that I've seen posted in here.

ProTour said:
If you are not interested in being part of the conversation, and can only make worthless demeaning posts, perhaps you should give up and go somewhere else. Global warming is a serious issue, and to belittle the results of someone like Lance who has obviously had an impact is to belittle the fight against global warming itself.

I suspect you are one of the conspiracy theory denialists who doesn't care about global warming, the planet, or the future. The FACT is that global warming is real, just like Lance is for real.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
Sorry to drag up a dead thread but I want to change my vote. Not only is Lance kicking the a$$ of the French, dopers, and cancer but he is now saving the planet. Pro Tour all the way.

oh man, that is some good stuff. Pure genius

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:

2eq749h.png

Lance is all about Global Warming

Eva Maria

BANNED
May 24, 2009
Visit site
There is another guy who merits honorable mention

Mohair Chair at RBR. He tries to pretend he is not bias, he has no problem saying any rider but Lance is a doper. Any one bring up Lance's name he fights to the point of embarrassment. The entire time he says that he is not a fan, he just wants "the truth". Then one day in another part of the forum he post a picture he took of a monument or something while out riding. It was shinny so you could see him in the reflection......full USPS kit on. :eek:

Eva Maria said:

Mohair Chair at RBR. He tries to pretend he is not bias, he has no problem saying any rider but Lance is a doper. Any one bring up Lance's name he fights to the point of embarrassment. The entire time he says that he is not a fan, he just wants "the truth". Then one day in another part of the forum he post a picture he took of a monument or something while out riding. It was shinny so you could see him in the reflection......full USPS kit on. :eek:

Ah the memories...Coolhand seriously looked after the guy. He could've threatened to shoot one of us and he wouldn't get a ban.

Eva Maria said:

Okay, that is funny. I remember him PMing me, hopping mad because in a post I had grouped him in with some other Armstrong homers.

Asgelle operates with a similar faux objectivity. Although in his case he seems to dismiss almost all allegations of doping by anyone.

TRENDING THREADS