• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who resembles you the best? (among the pro riders)

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but I've always been curious to figure out which rider in the pro peleton I resemble the most.

For me it's probably Michele Scarponi, although I'm probably a tiny fraction better in the TT.
I'm all about climbing unseated. I'm always the strongest hill climber in group rides around here. Needless to say, but I find it quite difficult to hide my attacking mentality.

Oh! did I forget to mention that when race day finally arrives, I'm a nervous wreck, and the comparison grows somewhat pale.

Feel free to post!

A

Anonymous

are we talking physically, or riding style?

If its riding style, then nobody. :D

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
are we talking physically, or riding style?

If its riding style, then nobody. :D

Good question. I would put most weight on the physical part. but it's probably a combination.
I took the freedom to ad riding mentality aswell. but that's of course connected with your physical abilitis.

Any resemblence will be accepted, this thread is more about the fun anyway:)

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Leif Hoste.

My strength is most apparent when the races are very long; I can drive a strong tempo and I do not get dropped in the races that suit me; I sometimes ride a good TT; I do not get cold in early spring weather; I tend to get irritated with the guys in the lead group who won't share the work; BUT, I do not have the acceleration or the sprint to win against elite riders on the types of courses that suit me best.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Amets Txurruka mentality always attacking.
But physically I'm like a small Cancellara:p I can ride very hard for very long, I'm not a slow sprinter but not superfast either:p

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
_41894100_commessosprint416.jpg

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
Le nez is Fedrigo :p I knew him, it's the lampre guy I don't know, and google doesn't help :(

EDIT: google did help, it's Commesso :p

See post above! How I would wish I could take that post back.

Edit: Ah Commesso the most unathletic bike rider (by physical appearance)

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
you can always delete the post ;) :p

I know, But I'm not that embarrased, I just pretend to be :)

Now that we have established the identities of the two riders, it would be nice to get an answer from Wonderlance. Who is it Commesso or Fedrigo/Le Nez?

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
I know, But I'm not that embarrased, I just pretend to be :)

Now that we have established the identities of the two riders, it would be nice to get an answer from Wonderlance. Who is it Commesso or Fedrigo/Le Nez?

My money says WonderLance is a Toto fan. And I love him for it.

auscyclefan94 said:
WTF? You make it sound like we are an item?:eek:

Given that he claims you are a 16 year old girl, You really want to be making jokes about dating a 19 year old male on a thread Wonderlance has already commented on?

Michielveedeebee said:
what do you mean with an item ?

A couple. Examples include your parents, Lance and the Olson twin, and the Schleck brothers.

To the OP the rider that resembles me most is Igor Anton. Only I dont crash as much. So Joaquim Rordriguez, Point being that im good at climbing, but possibly not at tts (though i havent tried)

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
Maybe it's just me, but I've always been curious to figure out which rider in the pro peleton I resemble the most.

For me it's probably Michele Scarponi, although I'm probably a tiny fraction better in the TT.
I'm all about climbing unseated. I'm always the strongest hill climber in group rides around here. Needless to say, but I find it quite difficult to hide my attacking mentality.

Oh! did I forget to mention that when race day finally arrives, I'm a nervous wreck, and the comparison grows somewhat pale.

Feel free to post!

You're a faster time trialist than Scarponi? Who do you have a contract with this year?