• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will be the most helpful domestique at the 2015 TDF ?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the most useful domestique at the 2015 TDF ?

• Morabito (Pinot)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Sagan (Contador)

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Porte (Froome)

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Thomas (Froome)

Votes: 50 36.0%
  • Fuglsang (Nibali)

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Valverde (Quintana)

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • Majka (Contador)

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Hesjedal (Martin/Talansky)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Vuillermoz (Bardet/JCP)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
TMP402 said:
Did Sagan position Contador on the Huy?

So far Thomas helped Froome crucially on stages 2, 3 and 4, but Sagan for Contador I can only think of 2 and 4....
The question is not only in how many stages he helped, it is also about how important the help was. Froome had been quite well on all these stages with or without Thomas while Contador probably would have lost minutes without sagan.

All kind of work is important, not just critical works. Without a babysitter you can lost 5 minutes in all the Tour (it is a lot of energy saved) or just have a crash and finish, so maybe is more important.

Anyway I dont know who closed that gap Saxo and Astana took, an sky rider, and did it very quickly.. it was just a breakaway of 15 riders, but it is always better to close that gapa as soon as possible and some SKY rider did perfertly.

Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Gigs_98 said:
TMP402 said:
Did Sagan position Contador on the Huy?

So far Thomas helped Froome crucially on stages 2, 3 and 4, but Sagan for Contador I can only think of 2 and 4....
The question is not only in how many stages he helped, it is also about how important the help was. Froome had been quite well on all these stages with or without Thomas while Contador probably would have lost minutes without sagan.

All kind of work is important, not just critical works. Without a babysitter you can lost 5 minutes in all the Tour (it is a lot of energy saved) or just have a crash and finish, so maybe is more important.

Anyway I dont know who closed that gap Saxo and Astana took, an sky rider, and did it very quickly.. it was just a breakaway of 15 riders, but it is always better to close that gapa as soon as possible and some SKY rider did perfertly.

G.or Roche,they were both mentioned.

I think it shows the esteem that the SKY riders hold Froome in that they dig so deep to help him. Porte is leaving the team and, according to his post stage quotes, he has been taking antibiotics for a week and half. He could've bottled it today and cruised home. Instead he provides the most important wheel of the Tour for Froome. Poels and Thomas had the same type of spirit, fighting to make it back whenever dropped. I concur that their collective effort was admirable.

TRENDING THREADS