• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will better the other Contador vs Schleck in 2013!

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Schleck vs Contador in 2013

• Other, for those who never vote but like to click buttons.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.

I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
gustienordic said:
I think he can still hit that level, or close to it. He was pretty good in the Vuelta this year, with quite a bit of solid competition and missing the kind of MTF's that he's the best at. With racing in his legs from last year, he's going to be pretty good this year.

It is hope for the best, but not belief in the best. He had all MTF's he could dream of.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
This is about common sense, not about who you cheer for.

It's not about that at all, with polls like these most people will vote for the guy they like more. And it's not like it is just common sense that Contador will beat Schleck. A lot can happen in cycling, for all we know Schleck could come back in 2013 stronger than he was in the 2010 tour and beat Contador.

Haha :D Alberto is angry because he got banned and lost 3 of his prime years. Well we'll see I guess :D

Of course, but people usually don't hang on to their anger for so long. If he used it in his riding, he used it at the Vuelta IMO. Schleck still has a lot to prove after 2012 so I see anger playing more a role for him than Contador.

Yea we vote for Alberto.

You don't want to take Netserk's avatar bet?

:confused:

Nah, I'm not gonna risk my avatar, nothing is certain at this point. I'll just wait and cheer Schleck on during the season.

The Hitch said:
You are.only looking at a couple of factors that fans no about..there are hundreds of things more likely to get you angry than the " team might disband" we don't know what their situation is at home.

And at the tdf contador is the one who hundreds of smart asses will blame for the entire problem.of.doping in cycling so he might get angry that way.

Either way i don't think anger is a major advantage anyway. They are professionals who know how to get the most out of their bodies without tricking their bodies.into fury. It might even blind them into mistiming efforts or.going too hard

Sure there are more factors, but we as fans really have no way of knowing what they are or if there even are any. But based on what we do know for sure, Schleck I think would have more anger to access than Contador.

Agree with the second part of your post. Anger I think can at times be a advantage but can also easily be a disadvantage. While a little anger to drive ones attaks can help, one also needs to be cool and collected to win a big race like the Tour.

May 24, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
The only races Alberto and Andy will both "race" are TA and TDF. Obviously Andy needs to win TDF to win this poll. He'd have to put 3-4 minutes into Alberto in the mountains :D and don't forget there are descent finishes In other words there is no way that will happen unless Alberto crashes or gets stuck behind a crash and R'shack drill it on the front again like they've done before :rolleyes:

And thats poor Andy's biggest problem.....GRAVITY....he just can't stay upright!! :D:D

Unless a miracle has happened this is a no brainer!!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
yes. in 2011 giro he was the best ever.

Because he could keep up with Rujano there ofc, next year Contador won't stand a chance against his awesome climbing power.
This thread should actually have a decent poll and have Rujano included. :D

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Contador will be out of top-3 in the Tour and I truly don't know whether he will decide to start the Vuelta after that. Pailheres-Ax-3 stage will become a revelation for many people.

I appreciate a role of extra lives in anything very highly.

Contador will win in a landslide. Andy's insistence that he was in the form of his life at the 2011 Tour and could never gain a decided advantage until it was far too late leading to the final ITT leads me to think that with a hungry Contador back he'd be better served going for the Giro/Vuelta double. At least in that way he'll finally have at least one actual major stage race win on his palmares. Additionally I just can't see him coming back at his best by July after the abysmal 2012 he had, with the minimal race days and especially the severity of his injury.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
astonishing blindness. do you draw any line between desired and real things? get ready for global dissapointment, fans of strong cycling feelings. damn why only contador provokes madness? :)

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
After such a long absence from a bike no one can come back strong. Not without some clinic related material. So don't try and lecture us about blindness please.

After all, Contador has always performed better than Andy. Why would next year be any different?

This isn't a poll about what you'd like to happen, but what you think will happen. There's a difference. ;)

But apparently not a lot of people on CN realize that...

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
After such a long absence from a bike no one can come back strong. Not without some clinic related material. So don't try and lecture us about blindness please.

After all, Contador has always performed better than Andy. Why would next year be any different?

This isn't a poll about what you'd like to happen, but what you think will happen. There's a difference. ;)

But apparently not a lot of people on CN realize that...

Omg, a lecture from you is by far more entertaining. For what are polls created if the only thing you can base on is previous experience?

Apparently, 80% of forum members are on there in order to 'bath' in what they would like to see.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
Omg, a lecture from you is by far more entertaining. For what are polls created if the only thing you can base on is previous experience?

Actually I base my statement on 2 different things in the post you just quoted. Can you find them?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Actually I base my statement on 2 different things in the post you just quoted. Can you find them?

Of course not because there was no any thing. Just a notation how people don't realize anything and nothing more.

airstream said:
astonishing blindness. do you draw any line between desired and real things? get ready for global dissapointment, fans of strong cycling feelings. damn why only contador provokes madness? :)

I think you will need to stock up on the tissue and Andy highlight footage for you to make it through "The Continued Fall of Andy Schleck 2.0" that 2013 will be. Either that or you can continue your bandwagon jumping and make the move to a real winner like Contador, that way you will at least have an argument and rider that you actually win with and for.:)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Angliru said:
I think you will need to stock up on the tissue and Andy highlight footage for you to make it through "The Continued Fall of Andy Schleck 2.0" that 2013 will be. Either that or you can continue your bandwagon jumping and make the move to a real winner like Contador, that way you will at least have an argument and rider that you actually win with and for.:)

He'll bandwagon Froome but that will stop when...euh wait when is the first mountain stage in the tour? ;)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:

What argument one should have to think Contador will not win the Tour? Or there persons are crazy by default?

airstream said:
What argument one should have to think Contador will not win the Tour? Or there persons are crazy by default?

You trying to get serious all of a sudden? Did I offend you in some way? I thought this was all in jest?

Anything is possible, including Contador losing the Tour although that wasn't the topic of our conversation, at least that's what I thought. I thought we were talking about who would have the better season between Contador and Andy Schleck.

TRENDING THREADS