• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will LA take down with him?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
dgodave said:
If hes got the dope on other riders - or the UCI, and its convincing, lots of people will hand him back some credibility.
It happened with Floyd, sort of.

He has "the dope" on the UCI -- his bribe payment to them. He is not going to admit that.

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
LA took out a secret insurance agreement that if he was stripped of 1 or all 7 of his Tour wins....he would get a big settlement.
1 tour win would net him 1 million
2 tours 10 million..
3 tours 30 million.. etc etc

He also has a secret deal with the UCI. so if LA ever tells anything....the UCI and Hein would be 1st to go down.

Roninho said:
Maybe if he has something to implicate possible partners in crime who are abandoning him right now (UCI, Verbrugge, etc.) ?

If Lance had something on anybody, he'd have released it long ago.

Never mind the house cleaning that was done when the federal case was launched.

You think Armstrong ever expected to get caught?

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
He's doomed to take down LiveStrong. If SCA, ASO, and others, perhaps even DMD, win their cases against his by then likely bankrupt self, they will be duty bound to search for deeper pockets. If LiveStrong opened its books would it look like an extension of his personal image/defense expense account? Some could try to show this to get at its assets. That assumes some remain as LiveStrong's future looks to be expenses up, donations down.

Others on the forum have pointed out for months a coming and basically inevitable collapse of his finances. Hard to argue with that view, especially now that the UCI has spoken.

TheMight said:
If Lance had something on anybody, he'd have released it long ago.

Never mind the house cleaning that was done when the federal case was launched.

You think Armstrong ever expected to get caught?

I think he surely must have planned for this day, he might be able to life with telling a lie, but perhaps the others couldn't

He's quite a smart guy, I think his prime motivation is 1.money and 2.celebrity

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
kielbasa said:
After watching History Channel's "Men who built America", seeing how ruthless they could be whilst hiding behind their philanthropy (I won't vouch for the historical accuracy), I couldn't help but make a connection. It's all about winning against the other guy and it's not something that just goes away.

It's clearly not in LA's personality to just go away. Life's a race. Since he's out of the sport, he'll reinvent himself in a different field, probably business (biomedical? cancer treatment?), and possibly go after sport in general. He may bring tremendous amount of money into it and make everyone utterly dependent on him. He could create an even bigger following than ever before.

I agree. He is very competitive and tough and able. He will say....f*** you guys, I will show you. Not sure in what field but he will come back. That's why still many pro's hedging their bets and don't talk against him or even still endorse him. They still want to be in his good books. They learned one thing: You don't mess with LA, you don't mess with a psycho.

Armstrong isn't going to "take anyone down" with him. He's all alone here, and the more time passes the less anyone will care.

So much for him putting all that effort into swaying public opinion.

He reminded me of the prototypical inner-city drug dealer who thinks people will come to his defense when he gets busted because he handed out turkeys on Thanksgiving.

Why Armstrong thought this was a viable strategy is beyond me. What are "the people" going to do for him now? Nothing. All the support he thought he'd garnered over the years disappeared like vaporware, and it must be the height of irony to have Pat McQuaid tell him he has no place in cycling.

Way to rub it in, Pat!!! What a burn!!! I LOVE IT!!!

TRENDING THREADS