• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ryo Hazuki said:
contador
andy
froome
cobo
samuel sanchez
purito
scarponi
evans
valverde
frank
trollface.svg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I could make a valid argument that at least 6 of those could beat nibali not being in 100%. nibali is so overrated here it's unbelievable.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I could make a valid argument that at least 6 of those could beat nibali not being in 100%. nibali is so overrated here it's unbelievable.

Who does dutch cycling wisdom see stronger than Schleck, Froome, Contador and Wiggins?

Ryo Hazuki said:
contador
andy
froome
cobo
samuel sanchez
purito
scarponi
evans
valverde
frank

I'll leave it at ten ;) exegarating a bit.

sammy begins each gt with a three minute deficit as it is. purito, scarponi, evans, and frank have tried and failed. poor andy was driven to drink, it was so difficult. Cobo can beat a less than 100% Nibali, but that's it. Froome shows how he gets crushed off form. I don't think Valverde is much better than Nibali at GT's to begin with. That leaves Contador, who can't even win the Dauphine off form.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
I answer back: what has he done last year? won the vuelta!

this year he was injured mostly.

Lol, the Vuelta. Up there with Aitor Gonzalez. Before that year Cobo never got close to a win in a GT anyway. I fancy Nibali's chances of future success much higher. ;)

Ryo Hazuki said:
contador
andy
froome
samuel sanchez
purito
evans

these 6

and cobo if healthy
Evans just raced a GT while not at 100% and you probly saw how he went.
Samuel Sanchez... we will be able to discuss upon it when he'll finally manage to properly race a GT from the start to the end, as for now there's no evidence at all he's so strong as you seem to think.

And Cobo I hope you're just trolling lol. What did he ever do other than that Vuelta (and btw Nibali won a Vuelta too... why doesn't that matter, if it does for Cobo?)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
cobo's vuelta win was way more imporessive against a stronger field.

it's better not comment about cobo if you don't know his story well. that's why I said IF he's healthy(mentally)

evans was far from 100% this year. not 100% to me means close to it as well.

Ryo Hazuki said:
cobo's vuelta win was way more imporessive against a stronger field.

it's better not comment about cobo if you don't know his story well. that's why I said IF he's healthy(mentally)

evans was far from 100% this year. not 100% to me means close to it as well.
so you meant 99%? lol I don't think the question meant it.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Eshnar said:
so you meant 99%? lol I don't think the question meant it.

I don't rate shape as in 99% but not in 100% shape means to me can be close to top form but not real top form. that's what mine was based on. andy scheck out of shape can't even finish a regular stage race so I thought that was obvious.

Ryo Hazuki said:
I don't rate shape as in 99% but not in 100% shape means to me can be close to top form but not real top form. that's what mine was based on. andy scheck out of shape can't even finish a regular stage race so I thought that was obvious.
So how did you measure Evans' shape level this year? Didn't seem so far from 100% to me.
Did the Giro 2010 count too? How in shape was Evans then?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
contador
andy
froome
samuel sanchez
purito
evans

these 6

and cobo if healthy

Cobo will never do as well as when he won the Vuelta, that was the highest point of his career.

Also Nibali beats Purito, with both in form Nibali is just as strong in the mountains and stronger in the TT.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Eshnar said:
So how did you measure Evans' shape level this year? Didn't seem so far from 100% to me.
Did the Giro 2010 count too? How in shape was Evans then?

this years tour he was far from topshape. as was seen by that pathetic attack of his, also his itt's. worse shape than giro 2010 imo

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Cobo will never do as well as when he won the Vuelta, that was the highest point of his career.

Also Nibali beats Purito, with both in form Nibali is just as strong in the mountains and stronger in the TT.

WHAHAHAHHAHAAHH

hilarious

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
WHAHAHAHHAHAAHH

hilarious

Vuelta 2010
Stage 20
Nibali- 2nd +1
Rodriguez- 3rd +23

stage 16
Nibali-10th +1'50
Rodriguez- 4th +1'22

stage 14
Nibali- 2nd +20
Rodriguez- 1st

stage 11
Nibali- 6th +23
Rodriguez- 18th +59

In this race, Rodriguez was stronger in the mountains but in the 2011 Giro

stage 9
Nibali- 4th '50
rodriguez- 26th 2'21

Stage 13
Nibali- 8th 1'36
Rodriguez-12th 1'52

Stage 14
Nibali- 3rd '40
Rodriguez- 11th 2'24

Stage 15
Nibali- 7th 3'34
Rodriguez- 8th 3'34

Stage 20
Nibali- 11th 6'20
Rodriguez- 3rd 4'50

Clearly Nibali was the stronger climber in this race.

In the 2013 Giro Nibali and Rodriguez's performance in the mountains I think will be comparable, but Nibali I think will beat Rodriguez in the long run thanks to his TT.

phanatic said:
sammy begins each gt with a three minute deficit as it is. purito, scarponi, evans, and frank have tried and failed. poor andy was driven to drink, it was so difficult. Cobo can beat a less than 100% Nibali, but that's it. Froome shows how he gets crushed off form. I don't think Valverde is much better than Nibali at GT's to begin with. That leaves Contador, who can't even win the Dauphine off form.

He won the Tour that year off form. Unless you think finishing a tt outside the top 30, a handful of seconds ahead of Andy Schleck, is Contador at 100%.

TRENDING THREADS