• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 Ronde van Vlaanderen?

Who will win 2013 Ronde van Vlaanderen?

• Someone Else (Vino Forever)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Who will win 2013 97th Ronde van Vlaanderen?

My heart says Spartacus my brain says Sagan. I would be happy with either of them ... or even with Boonen. Dont care too much about any other guys. Garmin may play a role but dont really see that happening. Perhaps I should have added Hushovd to the poll in stead of one of the others. Oh well.

1342703072_voecklergrimace3bis.jpg

l6099849.jpg

861937-14578828-640-360.jpg

just to be sure you know who i'm talking about

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be Cancellara but I really want to see Chavanel land a big win. But I say that every season.

Flanders is my favourite race of the season, bar none.

If Sagan and Cannondale get their tactics right I can't see past a Sagan victory. But an out of top shape Boonen is going to make it harder for Sagan. It is going to leave everything up to him and his team to contain Cancellera.

Would love to see something like 2011 with Chavanel and Cancellera off the front, but this time taking it to the finish and Chavanel winning!

Too bad Boonen has had a rough time building up to the classics, I want to see him take Ronde #4 and Roubaix #5. Flanders is a race he needs to be in top shape to win, not so much Roubaix.

I think it will be Canc or Sagan but I could also see someone like Chava, Haussler, Thomas, Pozzato or the like sneak a victory if those two mark each other too heavily. I honestly wouldn't mind(or be shocked to see) a Voeckler surprise victory. No Chavanel, though. Not a fan.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd be very happy with a win of either Cancellara, Sagan or Pozzato. I expect Cancellara though. The way he dropped the competition on the Oude Kwaremont is by far the most impressive thing show this spring. If he rides smart and his team drops him off at the last Kwaremont, it would be very hard to beat him.

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Cance. Would love to see Boonen take advantage of Sagan and Cance marking each other but he doesn't seem to have the legs for it right now. A Chava win would make me happy.

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Lanark said:
I'd be very happy with a win of either Cancellara, Sagan or Pozzato. I expect Cancellara though. The way he dropped the competition on the Oude Kwaremont is by far the most impressive thing show this spring. If he rides smart and his team drops him off at the last Kwaremont, it would be very hard to beat him.

That is a big ask. His team are half asleep 90% of the time. With the exception of gallopin. The rest are inconsistent.