• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who Will Win A Grand Tour in 2013?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who Will Win a Grand Tour in 2013?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
ferryman said:
You really think Froome can beat Contador in France? All evidence suggests otherwise. What's new that I am missing.

Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that? Froome can TT better than Contador. Do you see Contador only 30" after Wiggins and ahead of Cancellara and Van Garderen in Besançon? Do you see Contador third in the Olympics ITT? The answers are NO.
Some luck at the first week plus the differences in ITT plus a great level in the mountain like in this 2012 Tour and the race will be for Chris.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that? Froome can TT better than Contador. Do you see Contador only 30" after Wiggins and ahead of Cancellara and Van Garderen in Besançon? Do you see Contador third in the Olympics ITT? The answers are NO.
Some luck at the first week plus the differences in ITT plus a great level in the mountain like in this 2012 Tour and the race will be for Chris.

Yeah cause being fourth is so far off right?

del1962 said:
If you had to put money on it you would put Other first, Contador second and Wiggins third.

You are funny :D

I also love how some people think Alberto will not win the tour but will win la vuelta while that will be 10000 times harder to win for him because of so many purito finishes :D

I voted Nibs and Alberto (tour and vuelta)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

I also love how some people think Alberto will not win the tour but will win la vuelta while that will be 10000 times harder to win for him because of so many purito finishes :D

Me too :)

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
serfla said:
This is how's going to be.
Evans will win the Giro.
Contador will suffer an early loss in the Tour and try to make it up on Ax-3-Domaines, but he'll be eaten by the group of favorites and spat 3 minutes back. By the Alpe d' Huez he'll be fighting for top 10, and on Semnoz he'll fall back to 17. Already during the race, which will be won by Schleck, Contador starts to drink out of depression. Riis sacks him, due to indiscipline, so he's not even able to defend his Vuelta title. This chain of events results with overweight Contador thinking about retirement. But salvation comes from his archenemy - Schleck. The Tour victory secured a wealthy long term contract to RSNT, so they decided to strengthen their squad. After another one disappointing spring campaign for Cancellara, during which Devolder did it again in De Ronde (finishing with a cigar in his mouth and demi in his hand) and Boonen coming to velodrom in Roubaix riding backwards, they (RSNT) decide to hire this new, overweight, Contador as Cancellara's superdomestique for cobbles. Contador, out of gratitude, names his kid "Andy".
That's in brief.

P.S.
Froome will finally win Vuelta if anyone cares.

Do you take drugs?

LaFlorecita said:

I think you misunderstood my post, which after reading it I can see why, perhaps it is not clear,

I think of all the cyclists Contador is most likely to win a grand tour, which would be the TDF, however I think it is even more likely that one of the three Grand Tours is going to be won by someone not on the list, I don't know who, after Contador then Wiggins is the most likely to win a grand tour (especially if he does the Giro)

del1962 said:
I think you misunderstood my post, which after reading it I can see why, perhaps it is not clear,

I think of all the cyclists Contador is most likely to win a grand tour, which would be the TDF, however I think it is even more likely that one of the three Grand Tours is going to be won by someone not on the list, I don't know who, after Contador then Wiggins is the most likely to win a grand tour (especially if he does the Giro)

Ok

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Jason Mercier said:
Why not? Is Contador a god or something like that?
It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly. :p

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
It is very hilarious actually. One of things that interest me most [barring directly racing matters] in the next season is what ideological base will be made up by the fans if Contador will lose the Tour. Apparently, the Hitch will have to rewrite Darwin theory as gazzelles turn into lion; Fleur will slobber and say 'he was not on form'; El Pisti will just fall in silent depression. The rest should percieve such a crook in the lot quietly. :p

I don't say it will happen. Contador chances are always very high, but.. it is just of out interest.

That would be funny:D