• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win in Suisse?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will be the winner of the 4th Grand Tour?

• Majka

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Spilak

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Sergio Henao

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Pozzovivo

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Arredondo

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Pinot

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • Kwiatkowski

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • A rider who is lined up for Dauphiné but changes his mind (Mollema, Costa, JRod)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I think Nairo is riding TdS, I know that Malori is riding it, he posted it of FB yesterday and why would they send a powerhouse like Malori if not to protect a gc-rider on the flat? The ITT should be too hard for him so that shouldn't be the reason.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Mayomaniac said:
I think Nairo is riding TdS, I know that Malori is riding it, he posted it of FB yesterday and why would they send a powerhouse like Malori if not to protect a gc-rider on the flat? The ITT should be too hard for him so that shouldn't be the reason.
He is riding RdS on 100%, confirmed by Goga on twitter.

DBotero said:
Henao will be very determined to win here after his failure in California.
I would say 'failure' is an understatement in this case. Henao lost to a sprinter.. Not good. Sagan won that race because the competition was weak (not including Alaphilippe) and Henao couldn't do anything about it. He shouldn't even be mentioned here, he doesn't deserve it. :eek:

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Taaramäe just said that he will do Suisse instead of Dauphiné and I have a strong suspicion that it won't be the kind of Taaramäe we are used to seeing last few years.

irondan said:
DBotero said:
I would say 'failure' is an understatement in this case. Henao lost to a sprinter.. Not good. Sagan won that race because the competition was weak (not including Alaphilippe) and Henao couldn't do anything about it. He shouldn't even be mentioned here, he doesn't deserve it. :eek:

A sprinter who ascended Mount Baldy a couple of seconds slower than Horner and Leipheimer in '11 and faster than Gesink in '12.

Ricco' said:
irondan said:
DBotero said:

A sprinter who ascended Mount Baldy a couple of seconds slower than Horner and Leipheimer in '11 and faster than Gesink in '12.

Alaphilippe is a puncheur.

Re:

mihhint said:
Taaramäe just said that he will do Suisse instead of Dauphiné and I have a strong suspicion that it won't be the kind of Taaramäe we are used to seeing last few years.

Probably climb like that stage in 2012 tour de france where he held onto Evans,Wiggins,Froome,Nibali on the Belles Filles. If so its on

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

mihhint said:

I agree

Looking forward to him having a big week.

No one seems to be mentioning Geraint Thomas.

Re: Re:

"No one seems to be mentioning Geraint Thomas."

He is only there in order to get in shape for the Tour. And he doesn't have a great finish which is required for these explosive first stages and stage 4 with Rettenbachgietscher is simply too hard. But maybe he will try to win the long hilly TT. He will be better as the race progresses.

I'd except a lot more from Nordhaug who seems to be in form. But Henao is their captain.

Alexandre B. said:
Ricco' said:
irondan said:
DBotero said:

Alaphilippe is a puncheur.

Or even an explosive climber. I think he is closer to Valverde than he is to Gilbert. But let's see. He is still young.

TRENDING THREADS