• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win La Vuelta 2012?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who's going to win Vuelta 2012

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Fergoose said:
Because Froome expended far less energy than Contador yet gained time plus his teammates proved to be in decent condition. I'm not buying that Contador used minimal energy in making 6 attacks yesterday. I’ve never seen someone make that many attacks on the same climb before.

But Froome covered every move or at least chased back alone. So it's quite the same as attacking. It's not like Wiggins in the Tour, who was paced back to others.

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Fergoose said:
I'm not buying that Contador used minimal energy in making 6 attacks yesterday. I’ve never seen someone make that many attacks on the same climb before.

Thats why I was suspicious of his form. The Arrete attacks looked like he was trying to make a statement and unfortunately not succeeding. Froome handled them and it seems that he was well within himself doing so.

Miburo said:
You must be new to cycling...

This is Contador, that's what he does.

What, attacks ineffectually 7 times, not taking the hint the first 6 times that it isn't working, wastes all manner of energy and loses time as a result on a subsequent stage? Can't say I've ever seen him do that. Pre-2010 one or two attacks seemed to be enough to shake off his rivals and if not, he'd shut up shop.

Welcome to the forum.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Bah. I was one of the misguided who voted for Anton. Given the field, it was an exercise in erstaz wishful thinking.

Now, given that Anton will be lucky to place 3rd, I'd be happy if either Purito or Valverde takes it...but again, given that Contador looks to be rounding into form, this too may be thinking of the wishful kind.

A

Anonymous

I also thought that his getting annoyed with AC sitting on his wheel and pausing for a moment did him no good at all. Had he kept the steady pace, he would have had more chance of holding them off until the end or at least minimised the damage. I agree with the lead out comment the previous day. Team Sky should decide whether they want stage sprint victories or GC.

It will be interesting today to see what they do.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
If it wasn't for that 40 k time trial on Wednesday I'd say those 4 people who voted for Rodriguez were geniuses. Purito is looking pretty good at the moment.

Afrank said:
If it wasn't for that 40 k time trial on Wednesday I'd say those 4 people who voted for Rodriguez were geniuses. Purito is looking pretty good at the moment.
Thanks for your kind words. First, the ITT is coming sooner than later. Thus there will be still stages to make up for it, unlike the Giro. Second, Froome is running out of gas and Contador seems quite inconsistant.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
In this kinda TT when he's 100 % he's unbeatable.

But how good is he exactly? We'll find out wednesday, can't wait though.

I love to watch TT's, a lot of people don't like it but i love it.

EDIT: I'm talking about Contador btw

TRENDING THREADS