• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win la Vuelta a España 2012?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Vino/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
airstream said:
It's a myth. Even Contador can't provide verbier shows a few times during one GT. All the more so, it'd be better to attack with somebody else because, with a positional pursuit, a train often has the edge over the only escapee in a quite long distance.

Also, I see that you went from "Alberto will never provide Verbier again" to "He can't provide Verbier a few times during a GT". What happened?

Btw, Alberto doesn't need to "provide Verbier" in order to crush Froome.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Also, I see that you went from "Alberto will never provide Verbier again" to "He can't provide Verbier a few times during a GT". What happened?

Btw, Alberto doesn't need to "provide Verbier" in order to crush Froome.

I was always saying about the Tour. It still can happen in the Giro / Vuelta.

But we should consider we've never seen so far how Froome can attack for himself, barring a little slice of Pena Cabarga, that impressed so so much.

airstream said:
How should it be understood? :) OK, frankly speaking, if the tolerance promotes entertainment, i go with juanjo, but if cycling fights against doping, froome will win.

It should be understood this way: Your constant hinting at Alberto's doping case is getting really annoying, especially since you hate him for it but yet you cheer for Cobo :confused:

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It should be understood this way: Your constant hinting at Alberto's doping case is getting really annoying, especially since you hate him for it but yet you cheer for Cobo :confused:

No, simply his new (or old) attitude to doping will predetermine his future career and that's it. that is clear as day. I can't hate riders.

I started rooting for Juanjo a little bit in 2007 yet. Very bright climber, but sadly a mysterious and unstable one.

airstream said:
No, simply his new (or old) attitude to doping will predetermine his future career and that's it. that is clear as day. I can't hate riders.

I started rooting for Juanjo a little bit in 2007 yet. Very bright climber, but sadly a mysterious and unstable one.

If you want to discuss Alberto's attitude to doping and what influence it will have on his future career you can take it to the Clinic.

LaFlorecita said:
This poll is a good example of a "landslide" :D

So what is the top three gona be LaFlorecita? :p

1.Vino - after deciding to win the Vuelta just for the fun of it
2.AC - Was giving Vino a pretty good fight, but let us be honest, we all knew already from the begining that he wouldnt be able to keep Vinos pace :rolleyes:
3. Cobo - he did barely make the timelimit on most mountain stages

Vino attacks everyone said:
So what is the top three gona be LaFlorecita? :p

1.Vino - after deciding to win the Vuelta just for the fun of it
2.AC - Was giving Vino a pretty good fight, but let us be honest, we all knew already from the begining that he wouldnt be able to keep Vinos pace :rolleyes:
3. Cobo - he did barely make the timelimit on most mountain stages

LaFlorecita said:
I believe it will be:

Alberto

Jesus +17'46"

Purito +26'52"

Froome +39'24"

Gesink +1h02'36"

Schleck +1h35'02"

It will be a massacre.

Ok, Vino +22'41"

PhiberAwptik said:
You guys really need to get over the notion that Chris Froome is anywhere on the level of an Alberto Contador. That's just silly talk. if Contador were in the tour he would be blowing up the Sky train every time the road went up.

Yes, and its particularly laughable to hear that a "top form" Contador (a stipulation that invalidates rights to brag should post ban contador be a lesser beast than the machine that we knew) will struggle with a post TDF Froome.

I mean its one thing to say a top top peak Froome (and i am a big fan) could maybe with a little bit of luck here and there, surprise a underperforming Contador, but the idea that Froome is going to come off his TDF peak into Pantani mode for the Vuelta is ridiculous.

Has anyone ever been the best rider at the Tour - which froome arguably is, 2nd at worst, and then gone on and be even better at the Vuelta? In the 18 or so years that the Vuelta has been in September, i dont think so. Some like Heras have done very well in the Tour and gone on to win the Vuelta but to have a peak like froome has for the Tour and go on to improve. What is he going to be like when he finally does decide to peak if this is just a warm up?

The Hitch said:
Yes, and its particularly laughable to hear that a "top form" Contador (a stipulation that invalidates rights to brag should post ban contador be a lesser beast than the machine that we knew) will struggle with a post TDF Froome.

I mean its one thing to say a top top peak Froome (and i am a big fan) could maybe with a little bit of luck here and there, surprise a underperforming Contador, but the idea that Froome is going to come off his TDF peak into Pantani mode for the Vuelta is ridiculous.

Has anyone ever been the best rider at the Tour - which froome arguably is, 2nd at worst, and then gone on and be even better at the Vuelta? In the 18 or so years that the Vuelta has been in September, i dont think so. Some like Heras have done very well in the Tour and gone on to win the Vuelta but to have a peak like froome has for the Tour and go on to improve. What is he going to be like when he finally does decide to peak if this is just a warm up?

Well put Hitch :)

The Hitch said:

Because he is a freaking machine. :searching for reasons:

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:

Perfect.

Alberto will win Giro2011 style because I don't think Andy would be in top form and other guys are clearly a couple of level below.

What about Ryder? After the retire in the Tour is he planning to go to Spain in September?

ilmaffe said:
Perfect.

Alberto will win Giro2011 style because I don't think Andy would be in top form and other guys are clearly a couple of level below.

What about Ryder? After the retire in the Tour is he planning to go to Spain in September?

Doubt it. Hes already had a long season with Giro, is going to do the olympics road and tt i think. The Giro was a long term goal, 6 months of preperation. I think he will realize that trying a rapid peak on an already tired body will be hard.

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Doubt it. Hes already had a long season with Giro, is going to do the olympics road and tt i think. The Giro was a long term goal, 6 months of preperation. I think he will realize that trying a rapid peak on an already tired body will be hard.

Well you're probably right. Was asking because I'm very curious to see him fight for another Gt with his Giro form.