• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win la Vuelta a España 2012?

Who will win?

• Vino/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Contador v Froome should be nice :D

But will Froome go ? He might be tired after Tour. And I believe Uran might go instead. Not sure 100% if Froome plans might change after success in the Tour.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so Froome might be the best climber in the TDF right now; but who did he really beat? He might climb better than Nibali and JvdB, though he hasn't even really shown that, but that is still far from the level of an in shape Contador or AS.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
He has confirmed that he won't ride Olympics, but that he will try to ride Vuelta and autumn classics.

I will create a new thread just before the start with confirmed names.
Ok, thanks. I actually thought he might be back in about 22 days ;)

If Andy & Froome ride, It will be a Four pronged battle between the former best climber in the world, the current best climber in the world, the world's best rider at being the bridesmaid at Grand Tours and the worlds' best rider at crashing and disappointing his fans when considered the favourite.

Went with my personal favourite, who I hope returns with a vengeance and treats us to the best GT in the year.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Okay, so Froome might be the best climber in the TDF right now; but who did he really beat? He might climb better than Nibali and JvdB, though he hasn't even really shown that, but that is still far from the level of an in shape Contador or AS.

The problem is we don't know his true level because he always works for Wiggo.

the asian said:
If Andy & Froome ride, It will be a Four pronged battle between the former best climber in the world, the current best climber in the world, the world's best rider at being the bridesmaid at Grand Tours and the worlds' best rider at crashing and disappointing his fans when considered the favourite.

Went with my personal favourite, who I hope returns with a vengeance and treats us to the best GT in the year.

Alberto vs Froome vs Unndy vs Condor?? :D

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
The problem is we don't know his true level because he always works for Wiggo.

Yes, while we know for sure that Contador and AS climb much better than anything we've seen in this TDF so far, if they are in shape. So why people randomly assume Froome is better beats me. He might suprise, but hey, everybody might suprise, and Froome didn't show enough just yet for anybody to reasonably assume he would beat Contador on a stage race with so many MTF's.

1 Chris Froome
2 Jesús Hernández Blázquez +0'17
3 Alberto Contador Velasco +9'35
4 Joaquím Rodríguez Oliver +11'46
5 Nairo Quintana Rojas +11'57
6 Sergio Henao Montoya +14'00
7 Robert Gesink +15'05
8 Daniel Moreno Fernández +15'15"
9 Lars Petter Nordhaug +17'04
10 Michal Kwiatkowski +17'56

Andy Schleck will DNS stage 8
Igor Antón will crash out of the race descending La Cobertoria
Samuel Sánchez will make the start and win on Arrate, but the lack of preparation time will get to him and he'll drop from contention in week 2.

TRENDING THREADS