• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 Giro? Final poll

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I think Kiserlovski can made good result at least top 5

Here is what he said after the prolog

Kišerlovski: "I felt really good during the prologue. We worked really hard on the Sierra Nevada in our training camp. Our team coach Josu Larrazabal was there with Tiago (Machado), George (Bennett), Nelson (Oliveira) and myself. We had our soigneur there, plus a mechanic. We were all there to prepare for the Giro. I like this professionalism and I felt that I cannot let the team down after all the trust and support I’ve received.”"I'm very happy with this result, especially because I'm not yet 100 percent. There is still some progression to be made. I need this race to be 100 percent for the Giro. This is certainly a boost to my confidence and the motivation is really high!”

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Here's a relevant question: who is the long TT good for apart from Wiggins?
Answer: Sanchez (in form) Menchov (who I still hope will come back)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
An interesting poll would be 'how many minutes will nibali lose against Wiggins in the TT's?'

Anyway Wiggins will win il giro.

Few months ago i voted for nibali thinking Wiggins wouldn't be as good as in 2012 but i'm gonna come back from that ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with Nibbles. He may not have the TT to match Wiggins, or the mountain train that can push 6.0 w/km up the whole mountain, but he'll crush the borgs on pure aggressiveness and determination. :cool:

I have changed my vote to Wiggins. I think he has the form to stick with Nibali in the mountains. He will gain enough in the TTs. Plus his motivation would be high to win in order to avenge his loss in Trentino. I was more concerned that he did not have enough motivation and he was keeping something in reserve for the Tour. He should change his goal to the Vuelta.

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have to go with Wiggo on this one. He has openly declared that he was training to win the Giro and not so much the Tour. I think he's already stepping aside for Froome on that one.

IndianCyclist said:
I have changed my vote to Wiggins. I think he has the form to stick with Nibali in the mountains. He will gain enough in the TTs. Plus his motivation would be high to win in order to avenge his loss in Trentino. I was more concerned that he did not have enough motivation and he was keeping something in reserve for the Tour. He should change his goal to the Vuelta.
Did you watch what happen to Sir Wiggo in Trentino? That was a 4-day race, right?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If Nibali or Hesjedal win the Giro with adequately prepared Wiggins, it would be a real heroic mountain feat which is comparable to Pantani in the 1999 Tour.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Did you watch what happen to Sir Wiggo in Trentino? That was a 4-day race, right?

Do you realize how many inverse arguments anyone has if we start discusing? :p

Seriously, I think Wiggins could have lost not more than 40 sec in case he hadn't a mechanical. He had no teammates at the 10 km 9.5(?)% climb. Very decent perfomance imo

airstream said:
Do you realize how many inverse arguments anyone has if we start discusing? :p

Seriously, I think Wiggins could have lost not more than 40 sec in case he hadn't a mechanical. He had no teammates at the 10 km 9.5(?)% climb. Very decent perfomance imo
Does that mean that you think Nibali is a stronger climber than Wiggo?

J-King said:
What can Kiserlovski do?? We seems to be doing really wel in the Tour Of Romandie!

Albona said:
I think Kiserlovski can made good result at least top 5

Here is what he said after the prolog

http://www.radioshackleopardtrek.com/

Romandie <> Giro. He could surprise, I guess, but I had to stop somewhere. I did check the odds on Betfair to remove any ridiculous bias on my part ...and they weren't that great, similar to Intxausti's.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
There was no Pantani in the '99 Tour. I think you meant the '99 Giro :)

Yes, typo. The 1998 Tour, surely.
Does that mean that you think Nibali is a stronger climber than Wiggo?
Nibali was a better climber at Trentino, but I expect Wiggins to be a better climber in the Giro. Wiggins was quite convincing at Trentino. His cool-headed defense at 1st mountain stage was very telling

TRENDING THREADS