• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 Giro? Final poll

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I expect Wiggins will take it. I'll be cheering for Sanchez, Hesjedal, and Nibali (in that order) to win instead. Nothing against Wiggins, I just like the other three better.

Here's what's going to happen.

When Team Sky realise that Wiggins isn't where he is supposed to be at they look at which of either Porte and Henao to have lost the least amount of time and the one of the two will eventually...

..watch Chris Anker take the overall.

DominicDecoco said:

When Team Sky realise that Wiggins isn't where he is supposed to be at they look at which of either Porte and Henao to have lost the least amount of time and the one of the two will eventually...

Porte doesn't ride........

There's only one Knight...

Olympic+medal-winning+cyclist+Bradley+Wiggins,+after+receiving+his+OBE+from+the+Queen+at+today's+Buckingham+Palace+investitur

...he shall bring the religion of marginal gains to all of you heathens!

REPENT!!!

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Evans, the forgotten man of this thread, will win.
My spies on the ground in Italy tell me that he is training the house down, and his TT form has returned to his top level... possibly even better!
Cadel has said that he has unfinished business at the Giro, and that's what champions do.. take care of business.

Woody22 said:
My spies on the ground in Italy tell me that he is training the house down, and his TT form has returned to his top level... possibly even better!
Cadel has said that he has unfinished business at the Giro, and that's what champions do.. take care of business.

DominicDecoco said:

staubsauger said:
Carlos Alberto Betancur to do a Cobo :cool::p

All good Jens attacks impersonations, but the king is still the king
jens_attacks said:
do Luca.
some people say he trained like a nutter all this time and that in fact was a plan to don't ride anything until giro:D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Woody22 said:

Evan's best TT form is still way off last year Wiggins' magic form. W is s little bit mysterious this year, interesting to see what he bring to Giro.

I would actually think Rujano could be a top 5 contender this year (as long as there wont be any rain or bad weather :p)
He looks to get in sjape quite nicely.
Also think Kash will top 15, how he had a mecanichal, then had to wait for Seeldrayers, and STILL lost less to the winner of the stage than what Wiggo did a week earlier after his mechanical shows an extrodinary form!! :D

taiwan said:
If he loses 40 sec a few times then we have a race. Provided he wasn't playing possum.

At any rate Vincenzo is no Marco. Plus, that was a different cycling. I don't know if today's is any cleaner, but we won't see 3 accelerations again on one slope with each one a monster progression until all your rivals crack.

Wiggins can win if he doesn't have a bad day in the mountains, which has happened to him before at the Giro. It remains to be seen, however, whether or not he will be on his game each day.

Nibali, if the one we have witnessed thus far, will be ferociously competitive and make things very tough for Sky, also because as an Italian the Sicilian will be looking for apotheosis in Milan. That motivation can't be matched, I don't think, for any non-Italian rider, unlike the Tour, which has become truly an international patrimony. On that, I go with the Sicilian.

cineteq said:
Did you watch what happen to Sir Wiggo in Trentino? That was a 4-day race, right?

True he lost it there, both his cool and the race but the comeback from that mechanical was impressive. He just blasted past Sivtsov and almost closed upto Nibali's group. In the other mountain top fininsh he stuck with Nibali. I think he has the form and now the motivation.
Historically 2009 tour and 2012 tour, Nibali has not beaten Wiggins. So i changed my mind.
btw Sir Wiggins has given a different definition to BIKE THROW James Bond style(Both are British). The manufacturer of the bike can now advertise this slogan " Our Bike Parks Itself":D

TRENDING THREADS