• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round)

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 GIRO?

• Other/Vino

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
will10 said:
Ah, the inevitable weak field argument of CN forums. If I invented a time machine and had Merckx, Hinault, Coppi, Bartoli, Anquetil, Indurain, Armstrong, Pantani, Ullrich all at the Tour in their peak years, some of you guys would still say the field was weak...
Yes, Nibali really won the 2010 Vuelta after an epic fight against the greats of cycling.

Forunculo said:
I have a new favourite :p
vuelta-2011-st21-bradley-wiggins-chris-froome_2649961.jpg

so Cobo crushing the Sky train again? Why the hell not.

if nibali had a distance problem then how come he has been doing so well in monuments over the last few years?

recovery is the problem, he always has a bad day after 1 or 2 days in a row in the mountains or at the end of a GT.

however he has shown improvement on that department over the last few years and imo i don't think we have any reason to believe that at 28(recently turned) he is already at his peak.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
De Gendt was only 3rd because the favorite group went 0km/h hours in the downhill/flat part of the Stelvio.

He was only the 8th/9th strongest rider in the race.

And Nibali's podium finishers in the Vuelta were Mosquera and P.Velits for crying out loud

Mosquera has dropped many a big name rider at the Vuelta, including Valverde, Basso, Evans, Samu when they were "on form." That guy was no joke.

theyoungest said:
Well, the distance clearly did him in at LBL, so it could be a weakness.

well if inglisnky wasn't on a really super day he would have won the race so i don't think we can really fault him there. yes he was spent at the end but the chase behind him was certainly much more active then back in 09 when andy soloed from almost the bottom of the RaF and every1 spent over 10km till saint nicolas looking at eachother.

he never had much more then 20 seconds to the second group of the road (that wasn't the gilbert group we were being shown on TV for most of the time) while schleck still easily increased his gap on the flat up to saint nicolas up to over 1 minute iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS