• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2015 Road World Championship?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which team will come away with the victory?

• Vino (Other)

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Spain

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Norway

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • Sagan

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Czech Rep

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Italy

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Belgium

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • Germany

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
In a really awesome edition someone like Vandenbergh or Vanmarcke would take the title.

You have to realise this is a pro race. So it's not possible Vandenbergh will win it. No, even if he would live for ever, still in year 5241 it would not have happened. Such a great workhorse he is, but totally useless when it comes to win a pro race.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Need someone who can save their energy for the duration of the course, then put in a devastating attack at the right time, yet have sharp bike handling skills to ensure not losing all the momentum on the downhill sweep. Sagan would have the power and skills but lacks classics experience to time it just right. GVA is my pick. Matthew's Simon Gerran style of riding might end up prevailing though. Piti might normally have a solid chance too but I believe his legs are too tired.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Sagan will win in front of Kristoff. Valverde will somehow be 3rd

Would be awesome to see Sagan in rainbow jersey.
I think Kwiatkowski has a decent shot at a repeat though. Shows that he is back in great shape, and the route is not terrible for him.
Has to be raced hard though, and since Poland didn't get 9 people so won't set the pace all day, I am not sure if that will happen. Too many teams can rely on sprinters.

I think Boonen has a decent shot. Those short cobbled climbs are just his sort of thing, he has demonstrated decent form recently, and he is clearly motivated. As someone mentioned, however, he will need to attack. If it is too large a group, Kristoff, Degenkolb, and maybe even Greipel will survive, and Boonen is unlikely to win a sprint against them. But if it comes down a sufficiently small group at the finish, Boonen could take the sprint (because Sagan will always find a way to finish second).

BigMac said:
Gigs_98 said:
I don't know why because I don't even really like Ulissi but a win by him would be cool :D

No. :( He's like, so dull. No charisma whatsoever, the Quintana of the Hills. So many nicer Italians you could pick.

Pozzato :D

Quintana may not be charismatic but he is very good person, in an interview he said he campaigns for women's rights, that gained a lot of respect in my book.

Bad news. Viviani has stated that he believes that he can win this year's WC. This basically eliminates all chances of a decent race if Nibali does what Viviani says he will and chase down all attacks.

Please Cassani, give Nibali a completely free rein, and make sure he + Ulissi + Felline too can do as they please.

Highly doubt that Nibali will be forced to chase attacks. Complete waste of his skills.

I can totally see him joining the attack if it happens on last 2 laps to force others to chase and then having Ullisi/Felline counter with Viviani just following wheels in case things get back together

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
If we start talking about the nice Italians Trentin or Bennati (I know, he has no chance) winning would be beyond awesome, just like a Tommeke win.
I voted Vino, so I want Baby Vino Lutsenko to win with a late attack :D

I hope it's someone who's done well this season such as Valverde, Sagan, Greipel, etc so the Rainbow stripes would be a reward for all that good work.

I would have liked G to have a shot, but alas not this time.