• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour 2013 - Wiggins or Contador?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
So ok guys. When Wiggins or Froome dominate the next TDF ill camee back here to quote my prediction and ask for praises:D

Your account name says it all, idiot poker player :D

And ok come back to us, i can't wait. Should be quite enjoyable and i never talked about froome.

Wiggins was the subject matter.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
Your account name says it all, idiot poker player :D

And ok come back to us, i can't wait. Should be quite enjoyable and i never talked about froome.

Wiggins was the subject matter.

Seems that i am saying Johnnie Walker will dominate the TDF next year. But not. Its Wiggins:D People says, the route of the TDF was designed for Wiggins, Nibali is not a real opponent, he hasnt demonstrated nothing versus climbers yet... How cineteq said me one time. "I love this excuses" :D As i said this reminds me the 99 year. What times

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
UpTheRoad said:
Who were the elite climbers in the 2012 TdF?
Nibali and Van Den Broeck arent two of the six best climbers of the world? Nibali is not a pure climber but is not a climber? If he's not a climber, what is? A descender?

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Haha so Nibali is not a climber. A guy who did two times podium in extremely hard routes in the Giro D' Italia. Who make the main differences in the mountain. I agree he's not a pure climber, but not a climber? And Van Den Broeck is not one of the elite climbers. Ok guys. Are all vs me.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
1. AC
2. AS
3. Froome
4. Quintana
5. JRod
6. Pozzovivo

All arguably better climbers than Nibali and VDB. Not necessarily better at a 3 week tour but as pure climbers, sure

Quintana and Pozzovivo better climbers than Nibali????????? There are pure climbers and Nibali not but that dont mean that they are better climbers than Vincenzo.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
If Wiggo turns up in 2012 shape to a 2012-esque course he'll be my favourite, but he already seems to have lost motivation, skipping the worlds TT where he only needed to turn up at 90% to win.

Jason_Mercier said:
Quintana and Pozzovivo better climbers than Nibali????????? There are pure climbers and Nibali not but that dont mean that they are better climbers than Vincenzo.

If those 3 went to let us say Zoncolan right now and started climbing it would not surprise me if both of them beat him with 30 sec +++. I am not denying that Nibali is a better 3 wek racer. He got an excellent recovery and is very strong but who would you think has a better chance to drop Wiggins? Pozzo, Quintana or Nibali?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Haha so Nibali is not a climber. A guy who did two times podium in extremely hard routes in the Giro D' Italia. Who make the main differences in the mountain. I agree he's not a pure climber, but not a climber? And Van Den Broeck is not one of the elite climbers. Ok guys. Are all vs me.

This is pretty funny cause while you try to make your point you actually contradict yourself.

You're trying to prove that Nibali is a climber and so that Wiggins did pretty damn good against Nibali, right? And you think that we're degrading wiggins when we compare him with AC.

Now did you watch giro '11? If so, you understand why this is so funny xD

Edit: if you don't understand, you're trying to hype up a guy in order to defend Wiggins's tour while Contador crushed that same guy a year ago :D

If those 3 went to let us say Zoncolan right now and started climbing it would not surprise me if both of them beat him with 30 sec +++. I am not denying that Nibali is a better 3 wek racer. He got an excellent recovery and is very strong but who would you think has a better chance to drop Wiggins? Pozzo, Quintana or Nibali?

Stupid question. He'll say Nibali of course.

1. AC
2. AS
3. Froome
4. Quintana
5. JRod
6. Pozzovivo

All arguably better climbers than Nibali and VDB. Not necessarily better at a 3 week tour but as pure climbers, sure

Agree with u and I'll add Samu to that list.
Nibali is not a rider who will win a GT by attacking in the mountains.
I seriously doubt Wiggins would have beaten a top form Contador at this year's Tour, even with that parcourse.

Zoncolan was a climb nibali dealt with very well last year. Probably his best performance other than nvegal.

Anyway best climbers are

1 The Great One
2 Andy Schleck
Gap
3 Chris froome.
Gap
4 Purito
5 Samuel Sanchez
6 Cadel Evans
7 Wiggins
8 Scarponi
9 Quintana
10 Jj Cobo
11 Frank Schleck.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
This is pretty funny cause while you try to make your point you actually contradict yourself.

You're trying to prove that Nibali is a climber and so that Wiggins did pretty damn good against Nibali, right? And you think that we're degrading wiggins when we compare him with AC.

Now did you watch giro '11? If so, you understand why this is so funny xD

Edit: if you don't understand, you're trying to hype up a guy in order to defend Wiggins's tour while Contador crushed that same guy a year ago :D

In any moment i compared Wiggins and Contador. You understimate the TDF '12 and Wiggins EXTREMELY. In any case, this three rules arent cycling. The time run. Probably the 2012 Nibali is not the 2011 guy, the 2011 Contador is not the guy of this Vuelta (and who knows in 2013) the Purito of Giro 2011 is not the same of this Vuelta. Is not the same who got crushed by Alberto in the Giro. Wiggins is improving constantly (Is Bradley the same of 2011? he and his team have a m. advantage, as Armstrong in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002...
That's why i think Sky will dominate the next GT'S. I wont write anymore about this topic.

Jason_Mercier said:
In any moment i compared Wiggins and Contador. You understimate the TDF '12 and Wiggins EXTREMELY. In any case, this three rules arent cycling. The time run. Probably the 2012 Nibali is not the 2011 guy, the 2011 Contador is not the guy of this Vuelta (and who knows in 2013) the Purito of Giro 2011 is not the same of this Vuelta. Is not the same who got crasshed by Alberto in the Giro. Wiggins is improving constantly (Is Bradley the same of 2011? he and his team have a m. advantage, as Armstrong in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002...
That's why i think Sky will dominate the next GT'S. I wont write anymore about this topic.

3ohcps.jpg

thank god, your arguments were so silly i couldn't even put a straight enough face to reply to them

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Zoncolan was a climb nibali dealt with very well last year. Probably his best performance other than nvegal.

Anyway best climbers are

1 The Great One
2 Andy Schleck
Gap
3 Chris froome.
Gap
4 Purito
5 Samuel Sanchez
6 Cadel Evans
7 Wiggins
8 Scarponi
9 Quintana
10 Jj Cobo
11 Frank Schleck.

Could probably throw in Hesjedal from the last Giro.

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
In any moment i compared Wiggins and Contador. You understimate the TDF '12 and Wiggins EXTREMELY. In any case, this three rules arent cycling. The time run. Probably the 2012 Nibali is not the 2011 guy, the 2011 Contador is not the guy of this Vuelta (and who knows in 2013) the Purito of Giro 2011 is not the same of this Vuelta. Is not the same who got crushed by Alberto in the Giro. Wiggins is improving constantly (Is Bradley the same of 2011? he and his team have a m. advantage, as Armstrong in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002...

Why are you comparing Wiggins' 2012 Tour with Contador's 2011 Tour?

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I dont compare anything. I only think Wiggins was the second better climber and the best tter in the last TDF. In a high level TDF. And i think Contador wont be enough to see a Wiggins fall. Why? i have written it. Because of a medical advantage, because he improves every year and probably because Contador wont be the same of 2011. Simply. And for me you dont want to see some things when you consider Purito, Samuel Sanchez or Evans stronger guys than Brad in the mountain. Nibali and Van Den Broeck couldnt beat him in the mountain of the TDF in any moment. But for you that dont care. Nibali is not a climber, he never have made differences in the mountain... (Vuelta 2010, Giro 2010) Van Den Broeck is not a elite climber, Quintana and Pozzovivo are better (Top5 Tour 2010, 2012) And i finish with this topic because for me you are blinds.

Purito is not a better climber than Nibali. You could say he's better in short steep effort, but if you compare their results in MTFs during last GTs you'll see theyìre pretty much on the same level. Sometimes Nibbles dropped Purito, sometimes the other way around.

Also Pozzovivo, can't remember last time he dropped Nibbles on a serious climb. You probably need to go back to early 2010. So there's little evidence he's a better climber than Nibali.

TRENDING THREADS