• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour 2013 - Wiggins or Contador?

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I do expect next year's Tour to be a mountain heavy Tour. So Alberto or Andy depending on Andy's situation. Or maybe the Tour organisers really enjoy Wiggo smashing it apart in the TTs.

Depending if Sky making their yearly presentation to ASO. Maybe they'll convince ASO that 100km TT, will 50 km downhill finish are the winning route formula :D And Prudhomme will proudly announce... "thy climber shall attack long distance" *yeah, we'll see how that went* Maybe ASO will be willing to help SKY be the best 3 GT's...why? because it's gooood for moneeeeyyy.. if sky win..:D

I really want to see a more balance route. So I can believe if Wiggin and team SKY are legit. Or is it just because weak field and they took advantage of it. Watching Sky with their proclamation to the best GT team for all 3 GT's in the future crumbling down would be a good entertainment. :D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
hiero2 said:
It's like, way early for this kind of forecasting, but:

In order of who I think will win:

1. Vino
2. Sagan
3. Sorry, let me get serious. Pinot.

Ooops. Sorry again. I seriously would LIKE to see Pinot win - but no, I think not.

4. Talansky? Nah, I think we have another "not quite prime time" there.
5. I've been avoiding this. Contador. Especially if he demonstrates the tactical smarts he did in this Vuelta.

Seriously, tho, we could see somebody who is "under the radar", more or less, take the crown next year. But, if it gets down to Contador, the Schlecks, Wiggins, and Froome, I think Contador will take the top spot. I agree that Evans is past it now, and what other contenders do we have?

I will be more interested in the Giro and the Vuelta.

How about valverde? He wasn't that bad in this vuelta.. He certainly can hang with wiggin?

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
How about valverde? He wasn't that bad in this vuelta.. He certainly can hang with wiggin?

The Vuelta parcours were so biased for Purito and Valverde.

An hour climb in the Alps or a 50 km flat ITT and goodbye even a podium;)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
If Wiggo turns up in 2012 shape to a 2012-esque course he'll be my favourite, but he already seems to have lost motivation, skipping the worlds TT where he only needed to turn up at 90% to win.

hm maybe he just wants to avoid people rising eyebrow if he's winning all races through out the year. Even the great one can't do it.

And others as well, Purito, Nibali, JVDB, etc...It would certainly be a good compromise to have that kind of ITT in the middle.

@uphillstruggle - Really? Look up the results of the last Alpe ITT and get back to us as far as it went ITT/GT vs climbers/GT go, please ignore the original winner as all his results have been erased.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
'Forunculo' said:
The Vuelta parcours were so biased for Purito and Valverde.
that's the conclusion you came to when it came to light that Contador couldn't drop them on the climbs. i bet there were 0 mentions about 'biased parcours' before the start.

Jelantik said:
Depending if Sky making their yearly presentation to ASO. Maybe they'll convince ASO that 100km TT, will 50 km downhill finish are the winning route formula :D And Prudhomme will proudly announce... "thy climber shall attack long distance" *yeah, we'll see how that went* Maybe ASO will be willing to help SKY be the best 3 GT's...why? because it's gooood for moneeeeyyy.. if sky win..:D

I really want to see a more balance route. So I can believe if Wiggin and team SKY are legit. Or is it just because weak field and they took advantage of it. Watching Sky with their proclamation to the best GT team for all 3 GT's in the future crumbling down would be a good entertainment. :D

+1 The sport doesn't need one team completely dominating it,it would take it back years.